After Lockdown.......

XTreme

......when I can get out.......I'm going to be visiting this place: The Sanatorio de Sierra Espuña in Murcia........an abandoned and allegedly haunted tuberculosis hospital!

sanatorio-min.thumb.jpg.83cd6799a32544b49f8ff45312e30579.jpg

Apparently, a Spanish television crew spent the night in the hospital and allegedly caught a spectral being, known as the white woman poking her head slightly out of a window on one of the upper floors of the abandoned sanitarium.

Built in 1913, it's been abandoned for 25 years! It now occasionally attracts a few thrill-seekers wanting to experience the alleged paranormal experiences that take place in the hospital.

I'm up for some thrill-seeking......and let's be honest, at my age it's not as if I've got much to lose anyway!

That sounds amazing!

I've always fancied visiting Denbigh Asylum in Wales. Its an abandoned Insane asylum :shock:

7xk3i5iarme01.jpg.5cea6295d0ff4924dc7d79e0dc33c782.jpg

Apparently plans are in effect to tear it down and replace with a housing estate :cry:

That sounds amazing!

I've always fancied visiting Denbigh Asylum in Wales. Its an abandoned Insane asylum :shock:

7xk3i5iarme01.jpg

Apparently plans are in effect to tear it down and replace with a housing estate :cry:

Can you get access though? Lot of places like that in Britain are locked up.......whereas in Spain you can generally get access.

Guest Swagman

What a waste of a great building how many bikes could I have if I had that place one in each room. :D :D

Or two in a room if it's big enough :lol: :thumb:

Even better :thumb:

Can you get access though? Lot of places like that in Britain are locked up.......whereas in Spain you can generally get access.

I'm guessing not without a bit of effort and a crowbar :cry:

The Spanish one wasn't a lunatic asylum though. This is the background:

In the early 20th century, tuberculosis and leprosy were washing through the municipality of Murcia in Spain. Mortality rates were skyrocketing and a decision to quarantine the sick was quickly adopted.

In 1913, construction began on a sanitarium outside of town. The first floor was finished in 1917, but the entire complex was not complete until 1934, because patients who were well enough were tasked with completing construction during the warm summer months.

So despite having leprosy or TB they had to work to build the hospital!

That sounds amazing!

7xk3i5iarme01.jpg

There's always a way mate. ;-)