FZR1000 EXUP Concourse restoration. :-)

Hi All,

New to the forum but I have been riding bikes for over 30 years now. I have had many different bikes including a 320bhp GSX1100 turbo that I acquired from Gary Rothwell. :-)

I am currently restoring an 89 FZR1000 back to showroom finish (I am 4 years in so far) lol BUT It will be finished in the next 3-4 months so hopefully I will be able to catch a bit of the summer!! :-)

I wanted to say hi, and introduce myself to the MBF. Hope you are all managing to stay happy during this odd phase.

Simon W.

IMG_6792.thumb.jpeg.b535df057912a9690392a7165118df9a.jpeg

IMG_6816.thumb.jpeg.025ba35ac1d6c51fe9f8a9b2927a19da.jpeg

IMG_6821.thumb.jpeg.0189f3b03f977b19ef6d31440e469545.jpeg

IMG_6828.thumb.jpeg.afedb9d469e6a2ec0540b58f46eb8b06.jpeg

IMG_6833.thumb.jpeg.2d858d6ca83579280873a65f38426d97.jpeg

IMG_6871.thumb.jpeg.2c10ab7241b47f937871695add0ad393.jpeg

IMG_7406.thumb.jpeg.092ddabdc7fcfde08f7e7c4f24a002a4.jpeg

IMG_7630.thumb.jpeg.9a092cacca7eb42d7f313fc7fbeb4fd1.jpeg

Some pics as requested. :-) I have tried to do a few before and a few after shots. (although clearly not finished)

Those super sexy panels have all been painted with NO stick on graphics. Everything you can see is paint and flat. :-) Can't flipping wait!!!

Thanks for the welcome all!

Simon W :-)

Your bike doesn't have a weird rotary engine does it?

No, the EXUP1000 is an inline 4. Although I do have senior contacts at Crighton Racing which is a Rotary engine my friends company build. I will start another thread.

SW :D

Hi All,

New to the forum but I have been riding bikes for over 30 years now. I have had many different bikes including a 320bhp GSX1100 turbo that I acquired from Gary Rothwell. :-)

I am currently restoring an 89 FZR1000 back to showroom finish (I am 4 years in so far) lol BUT It will be finished in the next 3-4 months so hopefully I will be able to catch a bit of the summer!! :-)

I wanted to say hi, and introduce myself to the MBF. Hope you are all managing to stay happy during this odd phase.

Simon W.

Hi, i am currently restoring my fzr1000 1992 also, not original condition as I'm no purist, going for 1040cc and a few other mods but fully rebuilding and powdercoating from the ground up.

Regards, Eric.

To be honest,

The only reason I am taking it back to factory roll out is because I have hacked tuned, streetfightered, nitrous, and taken 5 'exup's as we know it' off the road for ever with only the frame, tank and engine staying in place in most cases :-) :-) :-) And I have blown one up lol

So this is my payback to the EXUP community / me :-)

To be honest,

The only reason I am taking it back to factory roll out is because I have hacked tuned, streetfightered, nitrous, and taken 5 'exup's as we know it' off the road for ever with only the frame, tank and engine staying in place in most cases :-) :-) :-) And I have blown one up lol

So this is my payback to the EXUP community / me :-)

I have owned only one, began drinking oil...talking 3 or 400ml with every tank of fuel. Bad valve stem seals and worn piston rings and then something went wrong in the gearbox and it got stuck in 1st, later found out on of the gears split in 2 and jammed the shift cam in place. So perfect time to buy another bike and rebuilt the fzr. Have only tore it to pieces as of yet though, waiting for winter and just buying parts atm.

Let me know if I can offer any help :-)

I have a bad arse ultrasonic cleaning rig if the carbs need doing (offer open to invite only) I currently have 2 sets of EXUP carbs here with new gasket kits and recently sent a set back to someone :) It's my freebie lockdown offer. You can email me at simon at paramotortraining dot com if keen :-)

Let me know if I can offer any help :-)

I have a bad arse ultrasonic cleaning rig if the carbs need doing (offer open to invite only) I currently have 2 sets of EXUP carbs here with new gasket kits and recently sent a set back to someone :) It's my freebie lockdown offer. You can email me at simon at paramotortraining dot com if keen :-)

Cracking offer but where i work we use dichloromethane to disolve the bitumen in asphalt samples so i just filled a bucket a left all the parts in it for a week then blasted them with compressed air, not necessary really as it evaporates at 20°C and they look brand new.

Cheers again

I am hoping that the next pictures you see will be it taking its maiden flight to the MOT centre :-) :-)

As soo is lockdown is over, I can go and collect the panels. everything else has happened over the last 4 years...

I will get a thread going from the start of the next project.

• 2 weeks later...

So, the paint shop delivered all of my shiny newly painted panels back!!! :-) :-)

Pics in the next day or two of it all together and ready for MOT.

I know I have only been here for a short while, but this is a 4 year project for me and I am super happy to be at the end of it. (and a little sad of course) but I am sure I will always be able to make something better! lol

Pics as soon as it's back together.