Cardo Packtalk

Mawsley

[mention]Stu[/mention] - looking at the search function, you have the Packtalk. Would you still recommend it? Is there any issue with the Bluetooth dropping out? Do you use it with a phone?

I'm mainly after streaming music and the iPhone SatNav app. I'd welcome anyone else's comments. :)

I haven't had any issues with bluetooth at all once connected

Sometimes it won't reconnect to my sat nav if I go out of range but that might be the sat nav

[mention]onesea[/mention] has one too I believe

I have had mine 3 years, it's good not great.

Certainly not a it's issues, they have upgraded and improved it.

Would I buy again?

It's nearly 3 years since we bought then, £300 odd pounds.

The rechargable batteries are dieing I believe they cannot be replaced. I am not certain the headsets will be either.

hope you're going to buy it all using our affiliate link :D https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/#/27907,3190,0

:lol: :lol:

Still erming over getting it from the Netherlands and saving enough to buy a *not for road use) visor - SBS don't price match with shops in Europe apparently.

I much prefer the UK as you're much better protected in case of a problem plus our UK businesses will need our money at the minute :)

I agree SBS may not match prices exactly with EU outlets but I tend to sway away from them as I always think there is a potential chance that I'd get hit with an import tax on delivery of the item by the carrier service. Can't really beat the return and replace service from SBS, it's great!

[mention]Mawsley[/mention] Helmet City are offering 20% on all full-priced items. The discount is only added when you put the thing in your cart.

I've just ordered a Neotec 2 from them (sorry Stu) after trying a C3 Pro from Sportbikeshop and finding out that the S is too big and the XS is too small. But Sportsbikeshop are brilliant. Top service, easy returns, no quibbles. I've given up buying from Europe: returns are too expensive.

@Mawsley Helmet City are offering 20% on all full-priced items. The discount is only added when you put the thing in your cart.

I've just ordered a Neotec 2 from them

That's an excellent call :thumb:

• 6 months later...

@Mawsley Helmet City are offering 20% on all full-priced items. The discount is only added when you put the thing in your cart.

Did you end up with the SRL2 for your Neotec?

Did you end up with the SRL2 for your Neotec?

Yes mate.

Works very well for music and getting directions from the satnav on the phone. Absolute toss at contacting Siri while riding. Radio is horrible. Talking to people while riding strikes me as the dumbest thing I'd ever want to try doing, so I haven't.

Oh, and the boom doesn't fit the helmet properly.

? I have one and a mate has one n the boom fits so what do you mean it doesn’t fit properly?

The cutout in the lid doesn’t marry with the protrusion in the boom...so it doesn’t fit the helmet properly.

The cutout in the lid doesn’t marry with the protrusion in the boom...so it doesn’t fit the helmet properly.

My present helmet is flip front and well fitting. I cannot use the boom Mike do use button Mike, it works quite well.

Would not blame that on Packtalk.

The other thing I have learned is the cut outs in just about every helmet are different and rarely in right place..

• 1 year later...

Our biking group switched to Packtalk units nearly 3 years ago, overall very pleased with them and an big improvement over the older units.  DMC works very well.  Cardo support for repair/battery replacement is shameful, I believe Cardo want Packtalk users to switch to the new Edge product as their batteries start failing. Let be confirm Packtalk batteries can be replaced,  do a search on youtube, with a little bit of care, a soldering iron and silicon sealant its easy to do. As regards the new Edge product, am waiting for the back to back reviews between the old palktalk and the new Edge, i need to be convince there is a stepped improvement to justify the 60% increase in cost. 

2 hours ago, Dave O said:

Our biking group switched to Packtalk units nearly 3 years ago, overall very pleased with them and an big improvement over the older units.  DMC works very well.  Cardo support for repair/battery replacement is shameful, I believe Cardo want Packtalk users to switch to the new Edge product as their batteries start failing. Let be confirm Packtalk batteries can be replaced,  do a search on youtube, with a little bit of care, a soldering iron and silicon sealant its easy to do. As regards the new Edge product, am waiting for the back to back reviews between the old palktalk and the new Edge, i need to be convince there is a stepped improvement to justify the 60% increase in cost. 

To be honest I have PackTalk however, when they die.  I will replacing with a pair of £20-30 sets from where ever. 

The Chain App, gives communication to other riders.
https://www.ruroc.com/en_gb/chain

It’s not perfect then neither is Cardo, at what is now £690 for a pair.  When they will only last 3-5 years because of battery life…

A cheaper option is to use Bluetooth ear buds with a mic connected to your phone and use Whatsapp voice calling, it's free depending on your data charges, and there is no range limit, and i think you can set up for group calls too :thumb:

2 hours ago, dynax said:

A cheaper option is to use Bluetooth ear buds with a mic connected to your phone and use Whatsapp voice calling, it's free depending on your data charges, and there is no range limit, and i think you can set up for group calls too :thumb:

The "chain" app is free and allows unlimited people to join chat ....

I will stick to the packtalk :lol: 

I will probably upgrade to the Packtalk Edge when the price drops a bit! 

It's OK going for a cheaper unit and an app on your phone but you are then relying on more than one system to all work together! 

Riding in many locations my signal on my phone will often drop out and stay off for a fair while and even if its a momentary drop then another rider could easily miss an instruction etc 

The only issue I find with the Packtalk is the range!