Bender

Guest Swagman

I see it has a parts washer :lol:

Do you think he has to wash his parts?

Oh I see possibly an age thing !

Cheers

Ian

Hey up steady on with the washing of old parts. :D :D :D

Well I ended up hanging all sorts on the walls of the garage to get it out the way!

I blame @Bender for posting pics of his :lol:

I must say though I don't know why I didn't do it ages ago as I now have loads of space :D

Lots of wasted space on walls ☺, I even hung up my tyre gauge, it's a funny shape little Oxford one so I had to make it a little house on the wall.

Indeed there is!

I have well used wall space now! I don't think I have room for anything else :lol:

Always room for more

DSC_0110.thumb.JPG.358aba6e47bc5f22b4d1ed63d134a040.JPG

Ohh and never be short of a stanley knife, as above just use 15mm copper pipe, don't cut with pipe cutter you won't get blade in, flatten end evenly until blade fits, then on a flat surface continue to flatten against the blade.

Great for carpet fitting, you can make one as long as you want and flip it over you can use back edge at angle to shove carpet down and score it before cutting.

Ohh and never be short of a stanley knife, as above just use 15mm copper pipe, don't cut with pipe cutter you won't get blade in, flatten end evenly until blade fits, then on a flat surface continue to flatten against the blade.

Great for carpet fitting, you can make one as long as you want and flip it over you can use back edge at angle to shove carpet down and score it before cutting.

Yup always known that trick :thumb: I prefer retractable though! I can be accident prone! like almost knocking myself clean out today by bending down and belting my head right in to the corner of my workbench :bang:

Guest Swagman

Did a bit more on the "stop watch".

Photoshoped and expanded the BMW round logo to fit the hub.

Found a suitable place in the garage to hang it when it's finished.

Well that’s just destroyed a good brake disc. :D :D

Guest Swagman

Yup always known that trick :thumb: I prefer retractable though! I can be accident prone! like almost knocking myself clean out today by bending down and belting my head right in to the corner of my workbench :bang:

Is the bench ok Stu. :D

Making use of all the space there @Bender :)

All my stuff is shoved in the cupboards :lol:

I'm making 2 4ft work benches on wheels so I can move them about for space as required and a shelf across the rear of garage to hold temp things namely front and rear screens on a car that's hopefully moving in soon, not looking forward to that job.

Is the bench ok Stu. :D

Just! I have a dent in my head!

It is scrap, well below the min thickness :thumb:

Guest Swagman

:thumb:

It is scrap, well below the min thickness :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb:

I'm making 2 4ft work benches on wheels so I can move them about for space as required and a shelf across the rear of garage to hold temp things namely front and rear screens on a car that's hopefully moving in soon, not looking forward to that job.

I tried a work bench that wan't secured in place once! almost wore the thing when swinging on the vice :lol: :lol:

I tried a work bench that wan't secured in place once! almost wore the thing when swinging on the vice :lol: :lol:

Have chains in floor to hold them, besides that the frames currently weigh about 120kg that's before I clad them in steel, put a 6mm welding top on, a removable inch ply top, bolt the vice on and fill it with crap, I'm not expecting moving issues other than when I want to move it.

You lot do realise that you are making some of us really really jealous as we don’t have garages to tidy up :booty: :booty:

Or are working harder through this and don't have time to tidy garage/ shed.

One lockdown is over anyone want to do a good deed for key worker :?:

You lot do realise that you are making some of us really really jealous as we don’t have garages to tidy up :booty: :booty:

Obviously depends on the deed..... :shock:

This is mine :thumb:

P1020157.thumb.JPG.02e561cacdc4f629ddcd97de800e4c5c.JPG

P1020205.thumb.JPG.af9d8f89d0adf8bebd901dadf51ddda7.JPG

and all my big tools are on wheels :thumb:

P1020160.thumb.JPG.e4260eecfd5fe4bc19fc8a8fd96bdd19.JPG

P1020196.thumb.JPG.2b5f755a260e8205db2b76a53d97736b.JPG

and are all made to the same height so that any one can be used to support materials for the other, and all have height adjustable castors for easy levelling :thumb:

In my defense I have been working throughout this situation and the garage clean up (and the new pond and the bathroom floor) only go to show how much of my free time is spent in pubs or enjoying myself lol :D

Cheers

Ian