Is anyone on this forum into photography?....

Troy

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, apparently the U.K. will be able to see a space shuttle launching tonight. Maybe some decent photos can be had!!

I wish I had a tripod at the this time :cry:

What time is the launch and how can I watch it?

NASA and SpaceX are targeting a launch time of 4:33pm Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) - that's the local time at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida.

The mission is scheduled to dock to the space station at 11:39am EDT am on Thursday, May 28.

In the UK, those times convert to 9:33pm British Summer Time for the launch and 4:30pm on Thursday for arrival at the ISS.

We should be able to see the rocket going through the skies over the UK approximately 15-20 minutes after lift-off, which would mean around 9:45pm to 9:50pm tonight.

“MeteorWatch” says: "The craft will pass over the UK from a westerly direction and will head east. It may be visible lower in the southern part of the sky as it flies past for around 3 to 4 minutes.

As the spacecraft passes over the UK we may see just the one or a collection of objects looking like bright stars moving across the sky.

The sky will be fairly light for some especially for observers in places in the north such as Scotland. The craft should be bright enough to follow once you catch a glimpse of it.