What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Put new tyres on MT350. I was going to pay and get them done, but thought I had best learn in case I need to change the tube when out trailing. Bloody hell- on a nice clean garage floor it nearly killed me,I have no idea how I would do it on a muddy track :shock:

Took it in for MOT & Service today.

Was booked in for 2nd April, then the pandemic hit.

Now it’s all ready to go as soon as ‘lockdown’ is lifted....

well it will be as soon as get the dipped beam bulb changed. I noticed when I got home that I had no headlight but the aux lights and fog lights were on. Checked high beam and that bulb was fine.

It must have blown in the way home as it passed the MOT.

Not looking forward to removing all the upper fairings and nose cone just to change a blood bulb! Still... nothing better to do at the minute.

Guest Richzx6r

Got pissed off with my neighbour's monkey music shite so seen as the end can is off I decided I'd see how nice it sounds so I wheeled it to the back door of the garage and let it idle to warm up with a couple of blips of the throttle.....which was running for maybe 5 minutes

Well it backfired as he just turned his music up more :evil:

Now I then went back in to the house and decided I wanted to go on the xbox but all I could hear and feel was the bounce of this poxy shite he calls "music" (though he uses headphones and wall speakers :scratch:) anyway after another 2 hours of it I'd had enough so I went out the back to ask him politely if he wouldn't mind turning it down to be confronted with him not being able to hear my shouting at the top of my voice it was actually his missus (we think its his sister, but that's another story) who pointed out to him that I was after him so I ask him not to turn it off but just turn it down a notch or two as its interfering with my and the wife's day to be told oh yeah but it's fine for me to start the bike up when I want....to which my reply was well do I have my bike running for 6 hours of the day nearly every day so he got the hump and turned it off and went inside......I'm sure I'm living next to an inbred 2 headed womble with the way he went on

RANT OVER!

Many years ago when I lived in a high-rise block of flats it was a regular issue(as you can imagine)

I went to a flat above me ( not even directly above, just on the next floor) and asked them as politely as possible to please turn it down as it was 3am and I'd had enough.

Got told "yeah yeah sorry mate we will " I went back to bed and they had actually turned it off but only for approx 10 minutes before it was blasting out again and they even had the cheek to shout out of the window insults at me "loud enough for you knob" etc

I went back up there, opened the meter cupboard outside their door and yanked the 100amp fuse out and legged it back downstairs :twisted:

They had no idea what flat I was in so was sod all they could do. I gave it a wipe over to remove prints and left it on their doorstop on my way to work in the morning :mrgreen:

When the lockdowns over we can all bring our bikes round to yours for a long day of exhaust testing :thumb:

Guest Swagman

Got pissed off with my neighbour's monkey music shite so seen as the end can is off I decided I'd see how nice it sounds so I wheeled it to the back door of the garage and let it idle to warm up with a couple of blips of the throttle.....which was running for maybe 5 minutes

Now I then went back in to the house and decided I wanted to go on the xbox but all I could hear and feel was the bounce of this poxy shite he calls "music" (though he uses headphones and wall speakers :scratch:) anyway after another 2 hours of it I'd had enough so I went out the back to ask him politely if he wouldn't mind turning it down to be confronted with him not being able to hear my shouting at the top of my voice it was actually his missus (we think its his sister, but that's another story) who pointed out to him that I was after him so I ask him not to turn it off but just turn it down a notch or two as its interfering with my and the wife's day to be told oh yeah but it's fine for me to start the bike up when I want....to which my reply was well do I have my bike running for 6 hours of the day nearly every day so he got the hump and turned it off and went inside......I'm sure I'm living next to an inbred 2 headed womble with the way he went on

RANT OVER!

You have my sympathy, We had various nob heads over a period of 15 years like that going on till 1 in the morning sometimes. :D

Guest Swagman

Many years ago when I lived in a high-rise block of flats it was a regular issue(as you can imagine)

I went to a flat above me ( not even directly above, just on the next floor) and asked them as politely as possible to please turn it down as it was 3am and I'd had enough.

Got told "yeah yeah sorry mate we will " I went back to bed and they had actually turned it off but only for approx 10 minutes before it was blasting out again and they even had the cheek to shout out of the window insults at me "loud enough for you knob" etc

I went back up there, opened the meter cupboard outside their door and yanked the 100amp fuse out and legged it back downstairs :twisted:

They had no idea what flat I was in so was sod all they could do. I gave it a wipe over to remove prints and left it on their doorstop on my way to work in the morning :mrgreen:

When the lockdowns over we can all bring our bikes round to yours for a long day of exhaust testing :thumb:

Now that’s a good idea. :thumb:

Guest Richzx6r

RANT OVER!

You have my sympathy, We had various nob heads over a period of 15 years like that going on till 1 in the morning sometimes. :D

Crist if that was the case I'd be over the fence with a hammer to his decks, granted it is during the day but its sometimes 7 or 8 hours of the same shite banging away

Guest Swagman

RANT OVER!

Crist if that was the case I'd be over the fence with a hammer to his decks, granted it is during the day but its sometimes 7 or 8 hours of the same shite banging away

To be honest I did go round quite a few times, on one occasion the speakers were put out on the window sills while they partied in the garden, well I lost it popped up over fence shouting and on the other side sat half a dozen skinheads, was I surprised when they turned it of and it went quiet. :thumb:

Guest Richzx6r

20200506_183852.jpg20200506_183900.jpg

Just fitted new Venhill lines front and rear.

Cheers

Ian

Nice lines mate, hope the banjo bolts weren't seized on like mine still are :thumb:

20200506_183852.jpg20200506_183900.jpg

Just fitted new Venhill lines front and rear.

Cheers

Ian

Nice lines mate, hope the banjo bolts weren't seized on like mine still are :thumb:

No the old banjos on the front weren't that old I was changing because I had found a bit of damage on one line when I was servicing the calipers and changing the pads.

Interesting that I had HEL before but I think I prefer these Venhill ones if I am honest just because the banjos feel more robust and the master cylinder connections were slightly different angles making a neat installation.

Oh and green again of course lol.

Cheers

Ian

well , I thought i'd do my bit for the environment so instead of putting battery on trickle charge I thought i'd save electric and took the bike out for some much needed battery maintenance :D

Bandit been in the shed all tucked up since November, so, took off the duvets and dug it out. Covered in a bit of dust and overspray even though I had curtained off that end of the shed when blasting and painting.

1651699777_webpost2020.thumb.JPG.65f7d14faee042366d3b10af3085ece8.JPG

Plugs back out, more GT85 dripped down the plugholes, a few turns on the crank then span over for 30 seconds to get the oil round. Tempted to put some petrol in my plastic Aux tank and fire it up but thought better of it.

2116668126_outofstoragemay2020.thumb.JPG.0eca3b3104535e3f6eeb735c21fe5ba2.JPG

Thought I would show you all my spark plug lift out and refit tool, just a piece of clear pipe but saves a lot of messing about and possible damage dropping the plug in.

1784980735_plugremovaltool.thumb.JPG.9eef35002588a5d000603bfc7a8fb0e5.JPG

Moved things around in the shed, swept it out and put the Bandit back in it's "summer" position. The MOT has been extended till November but a new set of tyres will be fitted (Road pilot 5) before hopefully taxing for June?

Will be taking a break from the Z500 work and get the dust etc off the Bandit, replate some fasteners plusd rear shock links regreased (again)

Rob B

Guest Richzx6r

Bandit been in the shed all tucked up since November, so, took off the duvets and dug it out. Covered in a bit of dust and overspray even though I had curtained off that end of the shed when blasting and painting.

web post 2020.JPG

Plugs back out, more GT85 dripped down the plugholes, a few turns on the crank then span over for 30 seconds to get the oil round. Tempted to put some petrol in my plastic Aux tank and fire it up but thought better of it.

out of storage may 2020.JPG

Thought I would show you all my spark plug lift out and refit tool, just a piece of clear pipe but saves a lot of messing about and possible damage dropping the plug in.

plug removal tool.JPG

Moved things around in the shed, swept it out and put the Bandit back in it's "summer" position. The MOT has been extended till November but a new set of tyres will be fitted (Road pilot 5) before hopefully taxing for June?

Will be taking a break from the Z500 work and get the dust etc off the Bandit, replate some fasteners plusd rear shock links regreased (again)

Rob B

Aside from the bike looks like you been catching a few rays? Looking decidedly sunburnt there rob