My Old XJ900

Guest Swagman

Great bike! I bought one new in August 1991and had it until 2005. It was the first bike I did over 100,000 miles on and had some wonderful trips all over Europe. My stand-out ride was Madrid to Chelmsford in 18 hours. I sold the bike still on original clutch, fork-seals, and brakes. Never had the engine apart and totally reliable. I 'moved up' to a 1300 Pan Euopean and have since covered 280,000 miles on two of those.

Guest Swagman

You got the bike in the house @Swagman........how did you get away with that?

I was originally outside in the front yard and it was winter, freezing cold when I had turned blue the wife gave in and help me bring the bike in bits into the conservatory. :thumb: :thumb:

I was originally outside in the front yard and it was winter, freezing cold when I had turned blue the wife gave in and help me bring the bike in bits into the conservatory. :thumb: :thumb:

I thought it had to be something exceptional for that to happen.

Why do so many women have this "thing" about bikes in the house? :shock:

When I bought the CFMoto it was delivered on 9th of January (Brrrrrr!)

It stayed in the spare room (got in through the patio doors😀) till the end of March. :thumb:

Guest Swagman

I thought it had to be something exceptional for that to happen.

Why do so many women have this "thing" about bikes in the house? :shock:

I think it may be the smell of very inflatable liquids, and of course the oil on every surface. :D :D :D

Guest Swagman

A wonderful job on a wonderful bike, loved them when they first came out, had a 900 divvy, good workhorseIMG_1360-ad.jpg

Yeah good bike the only thing I wasn’t keen on was the yics system couldn’t balance the carbs without the tool for the engine.

A wonderful job on a wonderful bike, loved them when they first came out, had a 900 divvy, good workhorseIMG_1360-ad.jpg

Yeah good bike the only thing I wasn’t keen on was the yics system couldn’t balance the carbs without the tool for the engine.

Yep used to borrow one from local yam dealer, had to change the bdiff oil every 2 years or it would froth up and fool you into thinking it was leaking

Guest Swagman

Yep used to borrow one from local yam dealer, had to change the bdiff oil every 2 years or it would froth up and fool you into thinking it was leaking

Never had any problems with the diff on mine manifold bolts helicoiled and new piston rings and all was good. :thumb: