What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

How's the sandblaster working for you @Stu ?

I cheaped out and bought a set of wire wheels for my bench grinder instead :lol:

Yeah it works OK but [mention]dynax[/mention] was sort of right about the compressor!

He said it may struggle although I could manage at 80 psi some applications require 100 psi and it was just too much for the compressor!

So I bought a bigger one :lol:

I removed the lower faring watched the oil dripping, cinched up the generator cover bolts, noted the oil was no longer dripping. Took it off to the garage and washed her, brought her back and left her to see if she leaks oil. Didn’t so cleaned lower faring and put back together with new faring bolts I had bought.

Out of curiosity; I mention a drop in performance. Could too much oil cause a drop in performance because since th leak it has come back.

Guest Swagman
9DC570F9-8217-46A2-B643-E50E9C11C1B2.thumb.jpeg.18b6cc3fa221335f640ee37485966566.jpeg2ECE71DC-9949-47D1-82FD-1EF911D690DB.thumb.jpeg.e385473945771d79f29f6572494f6da4.jpegNot my bike but have put fender extender on daughters bike. Will refit tomorrow when it’s had 12hours to stick properly.

Bandit been in the shed all tucked up since November, so, took off the duvets and dug it out. Covered in a bit of dust and overspray even though I had curtained off that end of the shed when blasting and painting.

web post 2020.JPG

Plugs back out, more GT85 dripped down the plugholes, a few turns on the crank then span over for 30 seconds to get the oil round. Tempted to put some petrol in my plastic Aux tank and fire it up but thought better of it.

out of storage may 2020.JPG

Thought I would show you all my spark plug lift out and refit tool, just a piece of clear pipe but saves a lot of messing about and possible damage dropping the plug in.

plug removal tool.JPG

Moved things around in the shed, swept it out and put the Bandit back in it's "summer" position. The MOT has been extended till November but a new set of tyres will be fitted (Road pilot 5) before hopefully taxing for June?

Will be taking a break from the Z500 work and get the dust etc off the Bandit, replate some fasteners plusd rear shock links regreased (again)

Rob B

Aside from the bike looks like you been catching a few rays? Looking decidedly sunburnt there rob

Have a bit of contact dermatitis atm, to much nitril glove wearing

Guest Richzx6r

Bandit been in the shed all tucked up since November, so, took off the duvets and dug it out. Covered in a bit of dust and overspray even though I had curtained off that end of the shed when blasting and painting.

web post 2020.JPG

Plugs back out, more GT85 dripped down the plugholes, a few turns on the crank then span over for 30 seconds to get the oil round. Tempted to put some petrol in my plastic Aux tank and fire it up but thought better of it.

out of storage may 2020.JPG

Thought I would show you all my spark plug lift out and refit tool, just a piece of clear pipe but saves a lot of messing about and possible damage dropping the plug in.

plug removal tool.JPG

Moved things around in the shed, swept it out and put the Bandit back in it's "summer" position. The MOT has been extended till November but a new set of tyres will be fitted (Road pilot 5) before hopefully taxing for June?

Will be taking a break from the Z500 work and get the dust etc off the Bandit, replate some fasteners plusd rear shock links regreased (again)

Rob B

Aside from the bike looks like you been catching a few rays? Looking decidedly sunburnt there rob

Ahh fair enough, well maybe lay off the nitrile gloves for a few then

I very rarely use gloves except when using some power tools, but i always use a barrier cream when doing the oily stuff makes it so much easier to wash off, E45 is a good which i am using as my missus has plenty :lol: :thumb:

Ahh fair enough, well maybe lay off the nitrile gloves for a few then

Not possible, work. Have switched to Marigolds in the shed for a bit though.

Refitted daughters front mudguard with extender on. :thumb: E2FAE47B-BF01-41BF-BF74-642036DD7647.jpegDB28AAA1-3E5C-4EDC-9B64-7336F388F439.jpeg396B461D-922D-40F0-826E-907B0C45F4BF.jpeg

yes a good sensible extra that will keep a lot of crud off the front of the motor :)

Finally got the MT350 ready for its MOT- but it wont be getting one for a few weeks. I heard a house alarm going of, then 5 minutes later my door bell goes. It was my neighbor and he said that 8 youths were literally ripping my garage door of, he set his alarm of and they scarpered.

I think it is the MT they are after rather than the Honda- as they like riding trials bikes over the fields. I have just got what resembled a bent piece of metal back in the hole and have put 20no 3"screws around the edges- they wont be getting in, but I also wont be getting my bike out either :cry:

If there is a glimmer of a bright side to this- I have wanted to move house for a few years, but my Mrs hasn't and is/ was happy to stay here- I said they will likely keep coming back till they get the bikes, so she now fancies moving :|

With the MOT tomorrow, went to the garage to pump the tyres and pop the baffle back in.

Couldn't find my keys, jacket, old lid, gloves. Aren't wives great?

Eventually tracked down the new hiding places for all my different bits of kit - then the sodding bike wouldn't start. Onto the trickle charger it goes. It'd better fire up tomorrow.

Guest Richzx6r

Finally got the MT350 ready for its MOT- but it wont be getting one for a few weeks. I heard a house alarm going of, then 5 minutes later my door bell goes. It was my neighbor and he said that 8 youths were literally ripping my garage door of, he set his alarm of and they scarpered.

I think it is the MT they are after rather than the Honda- as they like riding trials bikes over the fields. I have just got what resembled a bent piece of metal back in the hole and have put 20no 3"screws around the edges- they wont be getting in, but I also wont be getting my bike out either :cry:

If there is a glimmer of a bright side to this- I have wanted to move house for a few years, but my Mrs hasn't and is/ was happy to stay here- I said they will likely keep coming back till they get the bikes, so she now fancies moving :|

At least the scrotes didn't get what they were after, if it was me I'd hole up in the garage for a few nights see if the return and if the did they would meet a metal bar :twisted:

Started syphoning the fuel out of my vulcan so I can respray it and spray the engine covers and stuff while I'm at it. Fitted my new indicators to the hornet and sealed the backs with silicone sealant. Managed to get it out on a 40 mile round trip to bed in the new pads.

Bought a lower seat for the K12 as I'm on tip toes with the current seat. James Sherlock came up trumps finding me a used one for half the price of a new one :thumb:

Pumped the tyres up and put the clock right. Big day! Perhaps I should start a workshop youtube channel.

Also ran it for 10 minutes so the FI could set itself up, since it was left without a battery for a short while. I daren't venture out on to public roads just yet though, too many numpties going by people's reports.

Realised that I needed a reflector for the MOT but I’d hacked the bottom of the mudguard off (to for the bike stand).

One bodge bracket later...

6C0382A4-5982-4C97-B83F-2FB599495C15.jpeg.633d3cddc7635a21bd05ff0a0cf31f41.jpeg

Realised that I needed a reflector for the MOT but I’d hacked the bottom of the mudguard off (to for the bike stand).

One bodge bracket later...

6C0382A4-5982-4C97-B83F-2FB599495C15.jpeg

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/motorcycling/motorcycle-accessories/halfords-essential-self-adhesive-reflectors-552338.html

If you don't want that bit on permanently

Nothing today, but tomorrow I'm off to get some new tyres fitted . My local tyre fitters reopened on Monday so I might as well get ahead of the queue . Avon Cobra Chrome's are what I'm going for . These are practically standard on British Sportsters .

Polish_20200513_204146759.png.233c3507a6b1640ade0fcf6d0a211af2.png