Bikes you wanted to have.

James in Brum

I am getting really worried about [mention]dynax[/mention] a staggering lack of taste is one thing but that Hardley F*ckinmovinson was a cottaging advert and a wing is a tractor looking for a caravan to pull. :puke: :puke:

Cheers

Ian

Ooooh let's see..

Wanted a CB125-TDC when starting out, never got one and now know they're a bit of a dog's breakfast but I still think they look great. Could also possibly be upgraded to the 233cc lump..

Desperately wanted a CBX250RS-E due to it being one of the few bikes that got a favourable write up in the UMG and it being the fastest/lightest thing you could have on the old 33BHP restriction. Did finally get one. Did finally get it on the road, it was everything I hoped it would be and more. Broke it, moved on, fixed it up and still love it completely though I don't ride it nearly so hard now I know the work involved!

Wanted a TRX850 but never seriously thought I'd own one. thinking man's sports bike and all that. The sump plug stripped its threads out of the CB250 on the Friday, the TRX ended on ebay on Sunday, I was riding it to the Post Office for tax and then on to work on Monday. It was a complete mule to start with but fitting proper tyres, lowering the yokes down the forks to standard, fitting emulators in the forks and finally jacking up the rear have transformed it. Enjoy it very much.

Wanted a Z250SL thinking it would be like a modern CBX250 but it just isn't, it's worse in every way bar possibly reliability (time will tell). Useful enough for commuting, uncomfortable and impractical for anything else.

Still like the idea of a GPZ500 though I sat on one once and couldn't believe how small it felt, and possibly a TDM900. Would also entertain the idea of a CB400SS, Royal Enfield Interceptor if they prove reliable and I'm being strangely drawn to the CB750 Nighthawk..

One of the few I would go back to now was the 80's CB250RS I am sure with modern tyres and suspension technology I could make an already great bike even better.

Probably still involve a Xl500 lump and modern brakes though.

I feel a project coming on!

Cheers

Ian

The CB400SS/Mash 400/Francis Barnett 400/whatever you want to call it is very close to the old CB250RS but with the dry sump XR400 motor which would hopefully be a bit longer lived because, I assume, the main bearings are no longer just splash fed!

Oh yeah and I also fancy a Cagiva Navigator but I'm quite sure I'm not tall enough :cry:

The CB400SS/Mash 400/Francis Barnett 400/whatever you want to call it is very close to the old CB250RS but with the dry sump XR400 motor which would hopefully be a bit longer lived because, I assume, the main bearings are no longer just splash fed!

Oh yeah and I also fancy a Cagiva Navigator but I'm quite sure I'm not tall enough :cry:

Hi [mention]Snod Blatter[/mention] Do you have experience with that model?

I am interested in how it handles as that was the ace up the sleeve of the RS back in the day.

I am also a fan of the old XBR500 so I could be flexible .

Cheers

Ian

There are 3 I’ve always wanted, all from the 90s:

fc7d13b9-b80f-421a-8df1-0adb8bf26d50.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wxV4W61OiPI/TqhsJCIGSYI/AAAAAAAAACk/t5ghJen8YwM/s1600/DSC_8722.JPG

Honda-RC45.jpg

The first two are still in the realms of affordability, the last one never was and definately isn’t now :( .

Edited by The Hitcher

2017-roadmaster-classic-accessorized-01.jpg

The title did say bikes you wanted to have not Artics :shock: .

Less chance of a SMIDSY :lol: :thumb:

That's true !

You would have time to pull up using your stilettoes on the tarmac after all you wont be going that fast.

I doubt your eyeshadow or lipstick would even get smeared.

Cheers

Ian

A v-max, first bike I went on as a pillion when I was about 15. A BMW r80. A BMW k75. A dirty custom (not a chop) to remind me of when I read custom bike mag as a kid.

I wish I still had my BMW R80. Out of the eight beemers I've owned, this had the best engine and gearbox by far.

I wanted a 916 until I rode one. Great looking bike, but I couldn't ride it any longer than an hour. (I wish I could afford one now, just to have it in the garage to look at or for track days :mrgreen: )

Thought I wanted a CRF1100 AT, unfortunately I only got to test ride the CRF1000 - I'm not convinced this bike is what I want anymore. Before lockdown I was in the process of test riding another Beemer and the KTM 1290GT.

I've always wanted a Busa too :shock:

oooh if money was no object eh! :D

A v-max, first bike I went on as a pillion when I was about 15. A BMW r80. A BMW k75. A dirty custom (not a chop) to remind me of when I read custom bike mag as a kid.

I wish I still had my BMW R80. Out of the eight beemers I've owned, this had the best engine and gearbox by far.

I wanted a 916 until I rode one. Great looking bike, but I couldn't ride it any longer than an hour. (I wish I could afford one now, just to have it in the garage to look at or for track days :mrgreen: )

Thought I wanted a CRF1100 AT, unfortunately I only got to test ride the CRF1000 - I'm not convinced this bike is what I want anymore. Before lockdown I was in the process of test riding another Beemer and the KTM 1290GT.

Busas aren't dear now in the scheme of things with bikes :thumb:

Always, always, always wanted a Honda 400/4, a green ZRX1200 and a CVO Street Glide.

This will be my lottery-funded garage, along with an XL250 and whatever I currently have. I did fancy a modern Norton but, well, that's gone for a bit.

Hi @Snod Blatter Do you have experience with that model?

I am interested in how it handles as that was the ace up the sleeve of the RS back in the day.

I am also a fan of the old XBR500 so I could be flexible .

Cheers

Ian

Sadly not, it's still firmly on the wishlist. The CB400SS even comes with a carb, rear drum and kickstart.. Perfection!

Also, while I think about, I could be tempted by a late GPZ900.. :roll:

..... while I think about, I could be tempted by a late GPZ900.. :roll:

With you on that - I had two back in the day. Brilliant then ..... probably still good now. :)

Also, I remember trying out an early-'80s Laverda Jota for size. A perfect fit, but I never got it beyond the showroom door with it. :(

I always loved the look of the 916/748, compared to my first proper big bike in the early 00s-a 1995 Fireblade, they were so far ahead in terms of looks and size it wasn’t even funny, then I rode one, couldn’t get on with that engine at all, when Ducati finally announced they were making a semi affordable 4 cylinder bike I had to have one.

Are we allowed to list a bike that we have owned,sold and would love to have another of?.

I had one of these:

http://www.mcnews.com.au/wp-content/gallery/2002-honda-cbr-954-rr-fireblade/red_rhf_700p.jpg

In the same colours as that one, despite having newer,faster bikes since I still think it’s one of the best motorcycles I’ve ever ridden, I’d love another one.

Well in that case I still want to have my TL :lol:

IMAG0018(2).jpg

Did yours have the weird rear shock setup?, my brother had a TLR and it felt really odd in the corners, sounded great though, and that’s from a non V twin man!.