Top ten scariest bikes!

Stu

https://www.visordown.com/news/general/top-10-scariest-motorcycles-ever?fbclid=IwAR3V9u_cm8lzFKkoAEICV-wzcm4rDYeluXLfKhlH62aHI9WypMXDenyOLd8

Proud to say I had number 9 :lol: :lol:

Although they have got it wrong about the suspension :?

Few bikes gained such a reputation, and cult following, in the nineties than the TL1000S. It’s buckaroo style handling and penchant for a tank-slapper made it the bad-boy of the superbike block. Road-testers queued up to try and tame the beast and the front covers of magazines were adorned with crazy shots of the TL’ cutting some serious shapes. The problem stemmed from an F1 inspired rotary rear suspension damper that was located too close to the exhaust. When ridden hard the oil in the damper would become thin and the rear would be under-damped.

After a spate of bad accidents, a worldwide recall was issued, and bikes were retro-fitted with a steering damper to try and keep the bike pointing the right way.

It could have been a PR disaster for Suzuki, but it built the bike up to be this mythical machine that demanded respect. And in the real world, if ridden the right way and given the relevant allowances, it was actually rather good.

The rear shocks actually locked up giving little damping combined with an incorrect chain tension that tightened up like a bow string if you went by the factory specs!

If treat properly they was easily handled but be too abrupt with the throttle and it would see you coming out of corners sideways or on the back wheel :lol:

Anyone else got experience of anything on the list and was they as bad as made out to be?

I had the H1......it wasn't the monster it was made out to be. If you were an experienced rider.

If you'd just passed your test on a small bike and jumped on that......and then started belting round in a group then you could be caught out.

Compared to todays bikes it wasn't fast. The Strom 650 beats it hands down in all areas.

What caught people out was the power delivery.....it was all or nothing. You either pottered round spluttering and fouled your plugs.......or you rode like a madman.

People talk about power bands on two strokes.....but the H1 didn't have a power band. It was an on/off switch.

[mention]XTreme[/mention] the TL was the same it never had a throttle it was on or off! which caught people out

In fact it was the TL why the power commander was born! it was brought out to sort the snatchy throttle and sort the fuelling out

@XTreme the TL was the same it never had a throttle it was on or off! which caught people out

In fact it was the TL why the power commander was born! it was brought out to sort the snatchy throttle and sort the fuelling out

Didn't one of the TL's have a problem with tank slappers?

@XTreme the TL was the same it never had a throttle it was on or off! which caught people out

Didn't one of the TL's have a problem with tank slappers?

Yeah the TL1000s which is the one in the article and the one I had!

Mine was one of the early models that was recalled to fit a damper! The also recalled them to fit a new ECU to tame them a bit but mine had the original ECU which was all or nothing :lol:

this has barged its way to number 1

72347108_10157635374302375_4692802003435257856_o.jpg

Scary indeed , if I came upon this parked in a wood I'd be watching my arse .

That is surely top of the ugly tree list!

I take it that is owned by someone on here ?

Cheers

Ian

Yep .

Ten years and 39,000 miles on number eight .

Just a footnote , I see from DVLA records that my old bike has been on SORN since I sold it and now it has no MOT . Might be lockdown , might be that the bloke who bought it is not up to the task .