50cc peugeot speedfight 2

SirDilbert

Recently bought a wee Peugeot speedfight 2 50cc scooter. I was told when it was bought that it needed clutch and rollers which I've replaced. She starts first clip and revs up but still now power. I've changed air filter petcock and anything else we could think on. It starts and and idles but is seriously lacking in power If anyone can shed any light as to what the problem might be I'd be truly grateful.

i had this once when i was a youth batting about on a Yamaha aerox 50cc turned out to be the reed valves where dead well half missing infact replaced those and off it went again buzzing around no problem, also check your carb screws more specifically the mixture screws might need setting right, perhaps a carb strip and clean and then set the mixture screws.

Guest Swagman

Must try the Reed valves as there's a brand new carb put on thanks for your help hopefully get to the bottom of it soon.

Just because there is a new carb fitted doesn’t mean it is set up correctly, if not set right you won’t get full power.

Must try the Reed valves as there's a brand new carb put on thanks for your help hopefully get to the bottom of it soon.

also i forgot to mention check the clutch is engaging correctly it is very easy to assemble it slightly wrong and it will slip like crazy even an oily fingerprint is all that is needed in my experience sounds more likely theres a problem with the drive system rather than the engine typically if theres an engine problem its hard to start it, coughing and spluttering if it even runs at all, but check your carb mixture screws just in case then move onto the drive system.

Hello and Welcome :D

Does the back wheel drive at all?

if new rollers/ clutch have been fitted that's where I'd be looking

When it's up on the stand the back wheel runs well it even sounds like she wants to take off.

Guest Swagman

Hello and Welcome :D

Does the back wheel drive at all?

if new rollers/ clutch have been fitted that's where I'd be looking

When it's up on the stand the back wheel runs well it even sounds like she wants to take off.

Then it sounds like the clutch is cause slippage.

also i forgot to mention check the clutch is engaging correctly it is very easy to assemble it slightly wrong and it will slip like crazy even an oily fingerprint is all that is needed in my experience sounds more likely theres a problem with the drive system rather than the engine typically if theres an engine problem its hard to start it, coughing and spluttering if it even runs at all, but check your carb mixture screws just in case then move onto the drive system.

Pretty sure this is the 1