Bikes you wanted to have.

James in Brum

Well in that case I still want to have my TL :lol:

IMAG0018(2).jpg

Did yours have the weird rear shock setup?, my brother had a TLR and it felt really odd in the corners, sounded great though, and that’s from a non V twin man!.

Yeah the TLs was the first bike to have it I wrote a bit of info on it in this thread https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=72501

But I replaced it eventually with a Bitubo but that wen't tits up but you can fit a modified R6 shock that works a treat 8-)

Well in that case I still want to have my TL :lol:

IMAG0018(2).jpg

Did yours have the weird rear shock setup?, my brother had a TLR and it felt really odd in the corners, sounded great though, and that’s from a non V twin man!.

Yeah the TLs was the first bike to have it I wrote a bit of info on it in this thread https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=72501

But I replaced it eventually with a Bitubo but that wen't tits up but you can fit a modified R6 shock that works a treat 8-)

Ah, never knew that, I quite like them to be honest, they look great with the high level exhausts good :thumb: .

Always, always, always wanted a Honda 400/4, a green ZRX1200 and a CVO Street Glide.

This will be my lottery-funded garage, along with an XL250 and whatever I currently have. I did fancy a modern Norton but, well, that's gone for a bit.

I have the ZRX and she is great in a sledge hammer kind of way.

Also agree with others there are some very good value well cared for Busas out there.

Cheers

Ian

One of the few I would go back to now was the 80's CB250RS I am sure with modern tyres and suspension technology I could make an already great bike even better.

Probably still involve a Xl500 lump and modern brakes though.

I feel a project coming on!

Cheers

Ian

Had one of them , great little winter hack . I also had a couple of it's big brother , the FT500 . Sold them for peanuts just before prices went stupid . Now that's a bike I'd like to find in a barn or even a hedge .

One of my mates had one of these I really letched after it. He threw it down the road in France & had to ride it back with the bars pointing at the tank :shock:

Had one of those .

Polish_20200511_201303867.thumb.png.a61bdb9a77a1af59922ce33e130fd28a.png

Ah, never knew that, I quite like them to be honest, they look great with the high level exhausts good :thumb: .

High level? I hated mine and sold it! although it used to spit some huge flames out :lol:

New Image1.JPG

One of my mates had one of these I really letched after it. He threw it down the road in France & had to ride it back with the bars pointing at the tank :shock:

Had one of those .

I had a 78 GS750 EC probably the best handling UJM at the time and a greatly missed bike.

Cant seem to find a fondness for Honda FT500 as I actually think on a trackday the CB250RS would actually be quicker.

Before anyone asks I have ridden more than one example of both.

Handling is often a great leveller.

Cheers

Ian

Yes absolutely allowed. I also remember when the guys Hiyabusa and the superblackbird cake out. I want to ride both maybe own one, I’m drawn to the Honda.

I've had a go on a Blackbird . I found it too comfortable and too user-friendly and too easy to reach very high speeds without the feeling that you or the bike had made any effort at all . Compared to my GSXR 1100 it just felt and looked bland .

Yes absolutely allowed. I also remember when the guys Hiyabusa and the superblackbird cake out. I want to ride both maybe own one, I’m drawn to the Honda.

I've had a go on a Blackbird . I found it too comfortable and too user-friendly and too easy to reach very high speeds without the feeling that you or the bike had made any effort at all . Compared to my GSXR 1100 it just felt and looked bland .

I cant wait for your review on a Busa !

Way to easy to go stooped fast.

I prefer them to Blackbirds and I think slightly better handling.

Cheers

Ian

Guest Richzx6r

Cheers

Ian

Well if you want a review of it when I get the chance to take yours for a ride I will post up a review of it I'm pretty sure it will surpass all I could ever need in a bike that's for sure

Cheers

Ian

Sadly I've never ridden one . I did seriously considering buying one but the more I looked at them the more they started to look like a big plastic box with a motorbike inside . I wouldn't have been able to afford the way they get through tyres and chains either .

I have the ZRX and she is great in a sledge hammer kind of way.

Also agree with others there are some very good value well cared for Busas out there.

Cheers

Ian

For my money, it's the best looking bike that's ever been made. It's the ultimate in bike-sexual.

The GSX14 was all lovely and everything - but, as Hoggs would almost definitely probably agree, green is always best. There's something for me about the angular nature of the machine.

Guest Richzx6r

Cheers

Ian

Sadly I've never ridden one . I did seriously considering buying one but the more I looked at them the more they started to look like a big plastic box with a motorbike inside . I wouldn't have been able to afford the way they get through tyres and chains either .

Does that not depend on how you ride it and said chain and sprockets and tyres?

Cheers

Ian

Well yes , but why buy a Hayabusa and not ride it hard and fast ? That's all it's really designed to do . I'm not saying you can't tour on it . I used to tour on it's predecessor , the GSXR 1100 but I still used to give it the hyperdrive when the conditions were right . Ironically , the one time I got nicked for speeding I was doing 36 mph .

Well yes , but why buy a Hayabusa and not ride it hard and fast ? That's all it's really designed to do . I'm not saying you can't tour on it . I used to tour on it's predecessor , the GSXR 1100 but I still used to give it the hyperdrive when the conditions were right . Ironically , the one time I got nicked for speeding I was doing 36 mph .

I thought the same Bob before I got one & quickly found the was no way I could outperform the bike, however, you know the hyper drive is there if you want it & it's addictive. After you get it out of your system it's a pussy at normal speeds & makes you lazy with gear changing. Other than a retro GS850 ( & yes I am jealous you had one ) I'll never sell it.

I thought the same Bob before I got one & quickly found the was no way I could outperform the bike, however, you know the hyper drive is there if you want it & it's addictive. After you get it out of your system it's a pussy at normal speeds & makes you lazy with gear changing. Other than a retro GS850 ( & yes I am jealous you had one ) I'll never sell it.

Totally agree once you have got that little devil off your shoulder the Busa is a surprisingly practical machine.

Chains, sprockets and tyres are entirely dependant on your wrist action and the first set almost certainly will disappear quickly lol.

Cheers

Ian

All this Busa talk is making me want one.

I don't think could get over the fugly though. There's something distinctly melted snail about them...

download.png.0a9339bd2ff3165a83a0c4fedd140a1b.png

I love Busa's! :thumb:

I think Sue would divorce me if I got 1 though! :lol:

She really does think they're ugly.

I nearly bought a Blackbird once, wish I had now pegs are a bit high/back nowadays

Having been on a busa a couple of times now I found it to be very comfortable and relatively forgiving as long as your careful with the throttle, as I've only been on a supercharged one I found throttle and tight turns interesting and somewhat terrifying.

I want a v rod, specifically a night rod, which sounds like something six would keep in his draws :shock:

All this Busa talk is making me want one.

I don't think could get over the fugly though. There's something distinctly melted snail about them...

download.png

I quite agree that the Gen 2 is fugly but I still like the first and original shape.

Cheers

Ian

Having been on a busa a couple of times now I found it to be very comfortable and relatively forgiving as long as your careful with the throttle, as I've only been on a supercharged one I found throttle and tight turns interesting and somewhat terrifying.

I want a v rod, specifically a night rod, which sounds like something six would keep in his draws :shock:

Hi [mention]Bender[/mention] Whose supercharged one did you try?

I am interested if he had the same blower as mine?

Cheers

Ian