Bikes you wanted to have.

James in Brum

Having been on a busa a couple of times now I found it to be very comfortable and relatively forgiving as long as your careful with the throttle, as I've only been on a supercharged one I found throttle and tight turns interesting and somewhat terrifying.

I want a v rod, specifically a night rod, which sounds like something six would keep in his draws :shock:

Hi @Bender Whose supercharged one did you try?

I am interested if he had the same blower as mine?

Cheers

Ian

We used to have a member here called Slowbusa who had a Busa with all kinds of performance mods if I remember correctly . I wonder what happened to him . I think he was offended by someone's comments .

Having been on a busa a couple of times now I found it to be very comfortable and relatively forgiving as long as your careful with the throttle, as I've only been on a supercharged one I found throttle and tight turns interesting and somewhat terrifying.

I want a v rod, specifically a night rod, which sounds like something six would keep in his draws :shock:

Cheers

Ian

We used to have a member here called Slowbusa who had a Busa with all kinds of performance mods if I remember correctly . I wonder what happened to him . I think he was offended by someone's comments .

If he did get offended he’s probably on mumsnet or snowflake.com

Cheers

Ian

If he did get offended he’s probably on mumsnet or snowflake.com

Still registered I see .

[mention]Ian Frog[/mention]

I have mate with 2, one is being built, one he bought as unfinished, the rideable one the suspension had been fooked about with and the steering damper removed, the state it was in he thinks the lad who had it got it working took it out, rode it once and crapped himself, put it in back in the garage and never rode it again.

Will have an ask or take a picy next time.

@Ian Frog

I have mate with 2, one is being built, one he bought as unfinished, the rideable one the suspension had been fooked about with and the steering damper removed, the state it was in he thinks the lad who had it got it working took it out, rode it once and crapped himself, put it in back in the garage and never rode it again.

Thanks for that.

The story about people being scared of them does ring true as once mucked about with they can be jaw droppingly fast quite easily.

I am aiming to up mine to 300bhp at thewheel this time and hopefully I can get the 200 out of the way then look for something else daft to take on lol.

Cheers

Ian

Guest Richzx6r

@Ian Frog

Thanks for that.

The story about people being scared of them does ring true as once mucked about with they can be jaw droppingly fast quite easily.

I am aiming to up mine to 300bhp at thewheel this time and hopefully I can get the 200 out of the way then look for something else daft to take on lol.

Cheers

Ian

How about 225 or 250?

@Ian Frog

Thanks for that.

Cheers

Ian

How about 225 or 250?

Not sure at the moment and top speed stuff is very expensive and now we seem to only run at Elvington even getting there and back is a fair old trek.

I will see how I feel once the 200 is done as that was my original task to break that with a supercharger as so many people said it wouldnt work lol.

Cheers

Ian

Just to be the odd one out.. From the start there were never bikes I wanted. No pre-test bucket list. My very first bike was bought because I was a contrarian. All my mates had superdreams so obviously I had to be different and bought a KH250 2 stroke triple. From there on I just wanted a Triumph and didn't really care which. When the time came a rather tasty T160 Trident caught my eye in a glorious amaranth red.

And really that's how it continued until fairly recently, bikes either bought on a whim, because one was there and took my fancy. I really liked the first Hinkley Triumphs in 1993 and bought one the next year. Then in 1996 the Speed Triple 900 appeared and I had to have one.

I liked the Africa Twin when it reappeared in 2016... But was far too short for me. And then the Adventure Sport arrived and with the dual clutch too. Irresistible.

The GS was a perverse accident.. I was only 38 when I got the first one and obviously far too young. I was shocked. My mates were mortified and got into the habit of offering me a half of mild at the pub. (Ho bloody Ho) and my old man would see it and point and laugh and then talk about pension plans.

Edited by Gerontious

Just to be the odd one out.. From the start there were never bikes I wanted. No pre-test bucket list. My very first bike was bought because I was a contrarian. All my mates had superdreams so obviously I had to be different and bought a KH250 2 stroke triple. From there on I just wanted a Triumph and didn't really care which. When the time came a rather tasty T160 Trident caught my eye in a glorious amaranth red.

And really that's how it continued until fairly recently, bikes either bought on a whim, because one was there and took my fancy. I really liked the first Hinkley Triumphs in 1993 and bought one the next year. Then in 1996 the Speed Triple 900 appeared and I had to have one.

I liked the Africa Twin when it reappeared in 2016... But was far too short for me. And then the Adventure Sport arrived and with the dual clutch too. Irresistible.

Got to agree with you on the Speed Triple love them myself especially the high piped (second gen?) model.

Only reason I never got one was that I thought it did basically the same things as my Rex probably a bit better if I am honest but I already had the ZRX and had decided it was a keeper.

Cheers

Ian

@Ian Frog

Thanks for that.

Cheers

Ian

My neck hurt before I even made it onto the dual carriageway first trip out, the slip road was a blur.

All this Busa talk is making me want one.

I don't think could get over the fugly though. There's something distinctly melted snail about them...

download.png

that is 1 ugly bike more like a bus something stu ride :puke:

All this Busa talk is making me want one.

I don't think could get over the fugly though. There's something distinctly melted snail about them...

download.png

IMG_0667.thumb.JPG.32a24fefa06120480bd957f72ff7395b.JPG

I really believe this is a much better looking bike in every way lol.

2127780478_honnington2.jpg.be77a7f76f42cfdfff57f411f4c9f923.jpg

And this scruffy bugger in particular, soon to be renamed "moneypit " lol.

Cheers

Ian

@Ian Frog - it's the tail that ruins it for me. The headlight isn't great either.

On the second generation ones I totally agree with you and think the melted comment is very apt.

Cheers

Ian

I once saw someone on here describe the Busa as looking like a condom full of walnuts, and honestly that's the best description of them I'm ever seen.

On the topic of hideous bikes, I've wanted a '95 KLR for a long time. But it has to be in these colors:

1280px-KLR650s.JPG