Are we allowed out from Wednesday?

timmy164

Lucky for you lot... up here Queen Nicola has us telt "stay at hame".

But we are allowed out more than once a day, now unlimited. So we're allowed out, but we've got to "stay at home". Confusing, contrarian and muddled? Aye, yer right there, hen. As usual.

Boris' advice at least wasn't confusing, basically "use common sense". Some folk seem to not be able to do anything without someone holding their hand and a War And Peace-sized rulebook to refer to, unswervingly.

But we are allowed out more than once a day, now unlimited. So we're allowed out, but we've got to "stay at home". Confusing, contrarian and muddled? Aye, yer right there, hen. As usual.

Boris' advice at least wasn't confusing, basically "use common sense". Some folk seem to not be able to do anything without someone holding their hand and a War And Peace-sized rulebook to refer to, unswervingly.

It's nae wonder people think Newcastle is in Scotland 😂

Well, who's been oot tae play in England yet?

Still managing the 4.5-mile daily commute to my work on the bike which I cling on to desperately as one of the few things I can enjoy for now. Looking forward to freedom however, was planning some biking/camping trips this summer including NC500 which have along with many other things gone TU now!

We've had snow and hail here the past few days. We've gone back in time to February! Almost tempted to put the thermals back in my trousers and jacket for the commute. 5 Degrees C yesterday... last week it was 15 which for the Highlands is a summer heatwave!

I haven't heard many bikes yet today! :shock:

The weather looks a bit iffy though!

TBH I was half expecting carnage :D

Me neither and I live near a road used by a lot of bikers. Might be different at the weekend though. I have a ride planned on Monday to meet up with a mate, observing social distancing of course. Taking sarnies and water in a rucksack, along with hand sanitizer and my trainers for walking.

I hope we're not back in strict lockdown by then because everybody's gone bonkers over the weekend!

Don't think it'll happen so soon. Any re-introduction of national house arrest would happen after a spike in cases. Would take a few weeks for that to happen. Hope it doesn't. :roll:

Give it two weeks and then see where you stand . Don't be too hasty to judge Nicola Sturgeon . Remember who's pocket Boris is in . We have no idea how much secret lobbying from private industry goes on behind the scenes . This is not a coalition led by the ghost of Winston Churchill . This is a Tory Government that romped to power as the Brexit Party . Yes we have to survive economically but at what cost ? I pity the poor bast*rds who felt driven to pack themselves onto Tube Trains this morning , I hope they survive the next fortnight .

Guest Swagman

Give it two weeks and then see where you stand . Don't be too hasty to judge Nicola Sturgeon . Remember who's pocket Boris is in . We have no idea how much secret lobbying from private industry goes on behind the scenes . This is not a coalition led by the ghost of Winston Churchill . This is a Tory Government that romped to power as the Brexit Party . Yes we have to survive economically but at what cost ? I pity the poor bast*rds who felt driven to pack themselves onto Tube Trains this morning , I hope they survive the next fortnight .

Yeah hoping that all those who have had to commute by public transportation because they have no other choice are all ok.