Anyone here bought a Shoei helmet recently?

Have a question about what clothing to buy, not sure what luggage or security would be best, looking for information on good deals available? Check out our Tried and Tested section of the forum....... still cant find an answer? Please post here!!
User avatar
Tankbag
Subscriber
Posts: 3255
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 11:16 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Hayabusa Gen1
Location: South Staffordshire
Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 620 times

Re: Anyone here bought a Shoei helmet recently?

Post by Tankbag » Tue May 12, 2020 10:59 pm

My Neotech2 leaked with the visor fully down, I took it back to Demon Tweaks & tbf they sent it back to Shoei, about 3 weeks later when I got it back it didn't leak. Mine also had slightly wrinkly film visor protector :thumb:
Image

In the Buff HERE = viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73218

User avatar
Mawsley
Posts: 4199
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:10 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Tigger Alpine, Child’s scooter
Location: Northants
Has liked: 1114 times
Been liked: 1760 times

Re: Anyone here bought a Shoei helmet recently?

Post by Mawsley » Wed May 13, 2020 5:40 pm

bonio wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:15 pm
I'd be quite a nice guy if I wasn't such an ar*ehole. :lol:
Did you get the SRL with the lid?

Can’t say I’m a massive fan of the three buttons on mine, they’re impossible to operate with thick gloves - might have to grab the handlebar control.

Plus, “Hey Siri” only works if the phone is in front of me. Doesn’t respond when it’s in a pocket. Fine for setting the music going before I shift off, but hopeless on the move. Certainly made my mind up about getting a phone mount for the Tiger.
Image

bonio
Subscriber
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:16 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): DR-Z400 SM, RV 125 VanVan, what next ???
Location: Suffolk
Challenge score: 390
Has liked: 1608 times
Been liked: 641 times

Re: Anyone here bought a Shoei helmet recently?

Post by bonio » Wed May 13, 2020 11:36 pm

Mawsley wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:40 pm
Did you get the SRL with the lid?
Nope. I was going to fit my cardo onto it - apparently it can be made to fit reasonably ok. I've read some complaints in the reviews about the SRL controls being awkward to use with gloves, so you're not alone.
I've been making my mind up what to do with it, but I've decided now to return it. It doesn't fit right, and I really want to go into a shop and try out how it feels with different pads and stuff. Can't really do that online.
Two Soups

User avatar
Gerontious
Posts: 2753
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:59 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda Africa Twin
Location: Misty hills of Mapperley
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 1733 times

Re: Anyone here bought a Shoei helmet recently?

Post by Gerontious » Thu May 14, 2020 12:01 am

just waiting for the shops to reopen.
A wonderful thing is work, I could watch it all day.

User avatar
Mawsley
Posts: 4199
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:10 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Tigger Alpine, Child’s scooter
Location: Northants
Has liked: 1114 times
Been liked: 1760 times

Re: Anyone here bought a Shoei helmet recently?

Post by Mawsley » Thu May 14, 2020 12:09 am

bonio wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:36 pm
Mawsley wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:40 pm
Did you get the SRL with the lid?
Nope. I was going to fit my cardo onto it - apparently it can be made to fit reasonably ok. I've read some complaints in the reviews about the SRL controls being awkward to use with gloves, so you're not alone.
I've been making my mind up what to do with it, but I've decided now to return it. It doesn't fit right, and I really want to go into a shop and try out how it feels with different pads and stuff. Can't really do that online.
That’s a shame mate. Being a medium, I’ve never had a problem with Shoei, they always seem to give a great snug fit for my fat head from the off. Really chuffed with it tbh, great ventilation and flip system - just a shame about the flap that needed sorting every time I pulled the front back down.
Image

APR
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:22 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 2005 Yamaha R6
Location: Cardiff
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Anyone here bought a Shoei helmet recently?

Post by APR » Thu May 14, 2020 4:42 pm

Mawsley wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:40 pm
bonio wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:15 pm
I'd be quite a nice guy if I wasn't such an ar*ehole. :lol:
Did you get the SRL with the lid?

Can’t say I’m a massive fan of the three buttons on mine, they’re impossible to operate with thick gloves - might have to grab the handlebar control.

Plus, “Hey Siri” only works if the phone is in front of me. Doesn’t respond when it’s in a pocket. Fine for setting the music going before I shift off, but hopeless on the move. Certainly made my mind up about getting a phone mount for the Tiger.
I’ve got the Sena on my GT Air 2 and struggled for a while. I found out that holding the middle button down and waiting for the third, higher pitched beep activates Siri. Hope this makes it easier for you. :cheers:

User avatar
Mawsley
Posts: 4199
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:10 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Tigger Alpine, Child’s scooter
Location: Northants
Has liked: 1114 times
Been liked: 1760 times

Re: Anyone here bought a Shoei helmet recently?

Post by Mawsley » Thu May 14, 2020 4:45 pm

APR wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:42 pm
I’ve got the Sena on my GT Air 2 and struggled for a while. I found out that holding the middle button down and waiting for the third, higher pitched beep activates Siri. Hope this makes it easier for you. :cheers:
Going out in a second - I'll try it, cheers :)
Image

User avatar
Mawsley
Posts: 4199
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:10 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Tigger Alpine, Child’s scooter
Location: Northants
Has liked: 1114 times
Been liked: 1760 times

Re: Anyone here bought a Shoei helmet recently?

Post by Mawsley » Thu May 14, 2020 6:17 pm

Mawsley wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:45 pm
APR wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:42 pm
I’ve got the Sena on my GT Air 2 and struggled for a while. I found out that holding the middle button down and waiting for the third, higher pitched beep activates Siri. Hope this makes it easier for you. :cheers:
It worked the first time. Then I switched to FM Radio. Then it didn't work. I still find it a pig to find the buttons and I wore thin summer gloves just now.

I only need music, so I'll just set up a couple of albums or a playlist before I head off and that'll last me till I need to hit a petrol stop. Can't say I'd recommend the SRL to anyone, I'm sure a cheaper unit would've done the music job just as well - but then it wouldn't be seamlessly integrated.

Just need to try receiving a call now.
Image

APR
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:22 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 2005 Yamaha R6
Location: Cardiff
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Anyone here bought a Shoei helmet recently?

Post by APR » Thu May 14, 2020 6:25 pm

Yeh I was really disappointed to be honest. The sound quality when listening to music is awful, and when Siri is activated it’s ridiculously loud and distorted!!! I can’t remember what I paid for the SRL2 system but I’m sure it wasn’t far off £300 when it was released. “Best system available” I was told, and it fitted neatly into my lid too. How wrong was that!?!? Lol

On the plus side, at least you can use Siri when riding. I’ve got a few playlists set up, so I just say “play “.....” playlist on shuffle” and it works. Answering calls is a brief held down press of the middle button. But sometimes that cancels the call :roll:

I’ve been considering the handle bar mounted button pad thingy, can’t remember what it’s called. According to a few YouTube videos, it makes life much simpler.

Return to “Clothing, Luggage, Accessories and Security”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 4 guests