coronavirus....

Not bike related? Talk about it here!
User avatar
S-Westerly
Subscriber
Posts: 1570
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Location: Gloucestershire
Has liked: 2207 times
Been liked: 1025 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by S-Westerly » Tue May 12, 2020 10:43 am

I'm on leave anyway and what with one thing and another it's not been the best I've ever had. So I'd probably fall into the category of idle middle class bast*rd. Emphasis on the bast*rd. Sadly I don't qualify for the idle rich which is my aspiration. BTW why would anyone want chocolate eggs up their bum? My imagination failed on that one.
Back in the blue. No bikes.....

fastbob
Posts: 7669
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 3030 times
Been liked: 3684 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by fastbob » Tue May 12, 2020 10:49 am

XTreme wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 10:46 pm
From what I can understand the message from Bozo seems to be:

Working class - Go to work, take your chances!

Middle class - Stay at home, watch Netflix, send a couple of emails every morning.

Upper class - Hold on to your shares, rattle your jewellery, good times gonna roll soon.

Where do you guys fit into that?
I know my place .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fastbob
Posts: 7669
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 3030 times
Been liked: 3684 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by fastbob » Tue May 12, 2020 10:53 am

S-Westerly wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:43 am
I'm on leave anyway and what with one thing and another it's not been the best I've ever had. So I'd probably fall into the category of idle middle class bast*rd. Emphasis on the bast*rd. Sadly I don't qualify for the idle rich which is my aspiration. BTW why would anyone want chocolate eggs up their bum? My imagination failed on that one.
It was a juxtaposition of the assertion by Ian Duncan Smith that the British people are capable of exercising common sense with an extreme example of an event that would suggest otherwise .

User avatar
Throttled
Subscriber
Posts: 4712
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:44 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Versys 1000 GT
Location: Renfrewshire
Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 489 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Throttled » Tue May 12, 2020 11:00 am

Me, in a lift, having just delivered meals on wheels to an elderly lady, stuck alone in high flats. Myself (or one of the other drivers) and a carer who deals with her medicine are the only people she now sees each day. The PPE is so we do not give her the virus. The aprons are too small for the larger drivers like myself, so I stick the waist straps into my pockets when inside.

Image

So far so good and no service user, driver or any other staff have come down with the virus.
Audiophile/biker/sceptic

User avatar
S-Westerly
Subscriber
Posts: 1570
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Location: Gloucestershire
Has liked: 2207 times
Been liked: 1025 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by S-Westerly » Tue May 12, 2020 11:01 am

Yes the great British public isn't universally renowned for its common sense. However I draw the line at eggs chocolate or otherwise up my bum.
Back in the blue. No bikes.....

User avatar
onesea
Posts: 1737
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:08 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): TDM 900/ Triumph Trophy 1200
Location: New Forest/ Hampshire
Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 464 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by onesea » Tue May 12, 2020 11:53 am

S-Westerly wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:43 am
BTW why would anyone want chocolate eggs up their bum? My imagination failed on that one.
I just had one thought, did he unwrap then first?
A survey showed profiles with a location are 80% more likely to get a response :thumb:
To add location on phone or desktop browser:
1) Click your profile name (this brings up Popup), 2) Tap User control Panel, 3) Tap the Profile Tab Scroll down to: Location
Or click this link: https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/ucp.php ... ofile_info

fastbob
Posts: 7669
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 3030 times
Been liked: 3684 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by fastbob » Tue May 12, 2020 12:45 pm

onesea wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:53 am
S-Westerly wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:43 am
BTW why would anyone want chocolate eggs up their bum? My imagination failed on that one.
I just had one thought, did he unwrap then first?
Why would anyone organise a neighborhood barbecue in the height of a deadly pandemic ? Why are some c**ts rushing round supermarkets coughing and saying " Sorry " ? Why did the checkout operator in M&S cough into her hand and then try to give me my receipt with the same hand ? The list is endless . People seem to totally lack reasoning power these days .

fastbob
Posts: 7669
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 3030 times
Been liked: 3684 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by fastbob » Tue May 12, 2020 12:47 pm

I like this .

User avatar
Pie man
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): KTM 1290 Super Adventure S & Yamaha MT07
Location: NFA
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Pie man » Thu May 14, 2020 10:14 pm

I have been locked away & working from home since the 12th March. Today was the first day I have been further than my house/garden (with the exception of taking the dog for a walk over the fields) Oh dear lord, I fear a second wave of this pandemic will be upon us in no time. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. :crybaby:

However, later this evening I managed my first ride out on the bike since the 11th March, went to have a chat to my mam n dad, albeit from the graveside in the churchyard :(

Looking forward to getting out again Sunday and staying away from the eedyits in the shops. I can't see my eurotrip happening this year, so here's hoping I get a few days in Scotland at the very least :D
A smart person knows what to say, a wise person knows whether to say it or not.

User avatar
RantMachine
Posts: 6583
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:51 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): None... for now
Location: Denver, CO
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 628 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by RantMachine » Sat May 16, 2020 7:13 am

Pie man wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 10:14 pm
I have been locked away & working from home since the 12th March. Today was the first day I have been further than my house/garden (with the exception of taking the dog for a walk over the fields) Oh dear lord, I fear a second wave of this pandemic will be upon us in no time. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. :crybaby:
It's absolutely bloody ridiculous! I haven't left my apartment even for food in two weeks, stuck my head out the window earlier and the visitor parking at the retirement home next door was absolutely rammed. And this place has had at least two severe outbreaks already, we even had a Fox News crew outside doing a report on it. I can only assume a third is coming up any day now!

Finally low on food so I have to brave the supermarket tomorrow, I dread to think what it's going to be like.
Disclaimer: RantMachine don't know shit

Image

User avatar
fredc
Subscriber
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:58 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda VT500E
Location: glasgow
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by fredc » Sat May 16, 2020 9:59 pm

Image

User avatar
XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Posts: 5576
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 2048 times
Been liked: 2743 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by XTreme » Tue May 19, 2020 5:27 pm

The number of Covid-19-related deaths in Spain was 83 on Tuesday.

Apparently the UK was at 545.

Matt Strange
Subscriber
Posts: 1051
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:09 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): GSXR1000 K6, CBR900RRX
Location: OX1
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Matt Strange » Tue May 19, 2020 11:05 pm

MarkW wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:07 am
Matt Strange wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:38 pm
If you did a moments research Mark you will also find evidence that CV19 can very much disperse in an aerosol fashion and be active for anything up to three hours in such a state. Certainly enough time to be blown around in a ventilation system,
What? Covid-19 can disperse in aerosol form? And remain infectious for up to three hours in such a state? Can you imagine the seismic shock this new learning is going to send through the scientific community? You want to get that published quick, and then await the certain delivery of your Nobel Prize. :roll:

I could make some smart-arse comments relating to my earlier points about people with too much confidence in far too little knowledge, but let's stop buggering about and just put our cards on the table. For the last 20 years I have been involved in developing EU and US legislation on human risk assessment for microorganisms. For the last 10 of those I have been running a microbiology lab that conducts human and environmental safety studies on bacteria, fungi and viruses. There's not much in my lab that won't either kill you or give you a lot of excruciating solitary confinement with that newly-acquired mountain of bog roll, and a very significant part of my working life has been directed towards trying to understand how microorganisms are likely to behave in the wild from data that were generated in the lab. Many factors influence the viability of viruses outside a host, just as there are many ways of conducting survival and transmission studies. The results can vary widely even for the same organism (from minutes to days, and C-19 is no different) but an endpoint from a lab study does not a risk assessment make.

Now, as tempting as it must be to believe that spending a couple of hours on Google has furnished you with unique scientific insights that have somehow passed the rest of us by, it hasn't. Really.
Despite being blessed with ability to write eloquently and far more articulate than I can, my initiation argument was actually doubting the severity of the ability to transmit CV19 via the airborn method (as well as doubting the overall severity of the virus). At the time of writing, several articles detailing research from universities and other researchers were suggesting that there was a case (not definitely, but ‘evidence’, as stated) for CV19 being able to remain infectious whilst being in some form of aerosol.

And who cares about your background? I was more correct than Neil Ferguson, who was likely more qualified than you are, and he only quit because he broke the lockdown. Perhaps you can continue to be as wrong as him without losing your job?

Unfortunately, my occupation actually requires competence to continue in employment. Apparently, yours doesn't, just as long as you spout Government propaganda and follow their narrative, rightly or wrongly.
I have a photo album, look, see! ---->

User avatar
Swagman
Subscriber
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:56 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 2003 Yam Fazer1000 2006+2007 Fz6
Location: Torksey Lincs
Has liked: 217 times
Been liked: 624 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Swagman » Tue May 19, 2020 11:30 pm

XTreme wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:27 pm
The number of Covid-19-related deaths in Spain was 83 on Tuesday.

Apparently the UK was at 545.
Yep and they say it’s safe, nice one. :shock:

User avatar
Six30
TOTY 2019
Posts: 8142
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:48 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki GSX S 1000
Location: In Rennies wardrobe
Has liked: 2417 times
Been liked: 3978 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Six30 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:01 am

Matt Strange wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:05 pm
MarkW wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:07 am
Matt Strange wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:38 pm
If you did a moments research Mark you will also find evidence that CV19 can very much disperse in an aerosol fashion and be active for anything up to three hours in such a state. Certainly enough time to be blown around in a ventilation system,
What? Covid-19 can disperse in aerosol form? And remain infectious for up to three hours in such a state? Can you imagine the seismic shock this new learning is going to send through the scientific community? You want to get that published quick, and then await the certain delivery of your Nobel Prize. :roll:

I could make some smart-arse comments relating to my earlier points about people with too much confidence in far too little knowledge, but let's stop buggering about and just put our cards on the table. For the last 20 years I have been involved in developing EU and US legislation on human risk assessment for microorganisms. For the last 10 of those I have been running a microbiology lab that conducts human and environmental safety studies on bacteria, fungi and viruses. There's not much in my lab that won't either kill you or give you a lot of excruciating solitary confinement with that newly-acquired mountain of bog roll, and a very significant part of my working life has been directed towards trying to understand how microorganisms are likely to behave in the wild from data that were generated in the lab. Many factors influence the viability of viruses outside a host, just as there are many ways of conducting survival and transmission studies. The results can vary widely even for the same organism (from minutes to days, and C-19 is no different) but an endpoint from a lab study does not a risk assessment make.

Now, as tempting as it must be to believe that spending a couple of hours on Google has furnished you with unique scientific insights that have somehow passed the rest of us by, it hasn't. Really.
Despite being blessed with ability to write eloquently and far more articulate than I can, my initiation argument was actually doubting the severity of the ability to transmit CV19 via the airborn method (as well as doubting the overall severity of the virus). At the time of writing, several articles detailing research from universities and other researchers were suggesting that there was a case (not definitely, but ‘evidence’, as stated) for CV19 being able to remain infectious whilst being in some form of aerosol.

And who cares about your background? I was more correct than Neil Ferguson, who was likely more qualified than you are, and he only quit because he broke the lockdown. Perhaps you can continue to be as wrong as him without losing your job?

Unfortunately, my occupation actually requires competence to continue in employment. Apparently, yours doesn't, just as long as you spout Government propaganda and follow their narrative, rightly or wrongly.


not this virus cause its to late.... but to stop future virus spreading I have the answer, as from now no one should be able to leave china ..ever , let them wipe their selves out.
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
The rule of Six.

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 12 guests