What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Realised that I needed a reflector for the MOT but I’d hacked the bottom of the mudguard off (to for the bike stand).

One bodge bracket later...

6C0382A4-5982-4C97-B83F-2FB599495C15.jpeg

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/motorcycling/motorcycle-accessories/halfords-essential-self-adhesive-reflectors-552338.html

If you don't want that bit on permanently

That’s a problem for whoever buys it, it’s going when I collect the Tiger. :D

Not today, but last weekend. Checked and re-greased the final drive and changed the final drive oil. Now the Bavarian Mudslinger is ready for sale.20200509_104410_resized.jpg.69f8fc2f5c38a703075c1c8a7eb9cd50.jpg

First attempt at adding a picture too :mrgreen:

Looked at my hero blobs and reminisced at how cool I was last year.

Then remembered the Chinese radiator I fitted last year as well, which had almost immediately sprung a small leak and probably still needs seeing to.

20200514_183528.thumb.jpg.3d25f93b3e4861a8f2dd5ead816b1f14.jpg

Got back from work at a reasonable time so fitted my new Helibars to the Busa about 3/4 of an inch higher and a smidge back as at slow town speeds it was a little heavy on the wrists and being over 6ft didnt help.

Feels a lot better for such a small adjustment.

Cheers

Ian

Nipped over to Wheelhouse Tyres in Coleshill and had a set of Avon Cobra Chrome's fitted . Strict social distancing was observed at all times . The guys had reorganized the workshop so that it was a case of park the bike up to the shutter , shutter up , bike in , shutter down . When it was done, the bikes were being pushed out of the rear door then it was a case of one person at a time in reception , pay by card only through a hole in a big perspex screen and done . A few well thought out minor changes and everyone's a winner . Biker's World and CMC Motorcycles remain closed but Jo's Snacks is back up and running subject once again to responsible social distancing . I had a bacon and cheese batch with chilli sauce and while I was enjoying it I realized that this was the first piece of takeaway food I had eaten in eight weeks .

IMG_20200514_190513715.thumb.jpg.ae5d4fc9e24e7396c3aa68c812660ccb.jpg

Edited by fastbob

Tried to undo four bolts that hold the numberplate hanger bracket thing in place.. Managed 3.5!

https://i.imgur.com/iUUad8I.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

https://i.imgur.com/w9lah24.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

When the hammer strikes are so loud you can hear it echoing right the way down the street #justkawasakithings

Changed the oil, taxed it, rode it 50 miles and ate a packet of crisps. A lot of happy nodders out 8-)

No taking the seat off?

Of course, to get to the crisps!

I went out last night got as far as Holme on Spalding Moor and not wanting to be out too late headed home via Selby, roadworks and road closure on the A19 meant having to detour via Snaith and back towards Thorne, saw some foxes and a i think a Fallow deer, will check the video footage later as i am just tranferring it to the computer, i think my next night ride i will do a coastal one :lol: :thumb:

I went out on the bike today for about an hour and a half, first time for about 9 weeks. I wasn't as rusty as I thought I would be.

My experience is you don't get rusty.

I think it's more a psychological thing (more so as you get older)........but once you pull away it's like it always was.

here is a screen grab from some video of last night this is the deer that was in the road, enlarged it best i could as quality not too brilliant, might have to invest in a decent camera with night vision as i am liking the late night rides :lol: :thumb:

vlcsnap-2020-05-15-08h29m58s105b.thumb.png.c25e75cf981643469325267928ccec5d.png

Yesterday had a ride just for fun. Did a bit of the Cotswolds near me and did stretch the NSL a bit. Felt great. Helmet cam battery died before I'd gone a mile :( A46 South of Nailsworth to M4 junction is not a bad road at all. Back by way of Tetbury and Cirencester. Need to change my tyres soon, can't decide whether to stick with the Pirellis or try Metzlers. Decisions, decisions.

Then you best go ride it. :thumb:

Just not today!

What do you call someone who hangs round with bikers?

STU!

I have ridden more than you today :popcorn:

Just not today!

STU!

Stu.....you know the drill!

No pics, no video.......then it didn't happen! 8-)

STU!

Stu.....you know the drill!

No pics, no video.......then it didn't happen! 8-)

My MOT certificate tells a different story unless I did it at home :lol:

Could of pushed it there :popcorn:

14 miles there and back!!! I'm not frigging He-man you know :lol:

ps have you tried pushing an FJR? its not a Chinese bike you know :popcorn:

Started it up. Ride to the local drug dealers (Boots) picked up supplies and then the loooonnnnngggggg way home.

[mention]XTreme[/mention] pictures to follow. :thumb: