Need help !!

Yellowduck19

Yeah make sure all the bolts are out along the whole exhaust. Give the area where it joins to the engine a spray with some oil if you've got it and then increase your swearing by 200% and it should come off

Guest Richzx6r

Yeah make sure all the bolts are out along the whole exhaust. Give the area where it joins to the engine a spray with some oil if you've got it and then increase your swearing by 200% and it should come off

It followed sharply by a fair amount of skin from your knuckles as you mash your hands in to something sharp and hard

the neighbours may complain about the noise that ensues for a couple of minutes but they should soon get over it and if you apply some plusgas to the nuts etc the night before you tackle the job it might make things easier

I know that pain well. Those bolts are notorious for not coming off. I completely rounded the hex hole on one of them so gave it up before I caused any more problems :lol:

Fast forward a few years and I have got it off now but that is due to removing the engine completely from the frame (which I was doing anyway) giving me more access to cut the bolt of with my dremel :roll:

Iv got Honda cbr125 2005 model my exhaust has a who in the down pipe so I’m replacing it but the end that goes into the engine is completely stuck in won’t budge at all any help please ?

Just a thought , have you removed bolt No. 20 ? If you have , try using a wooden lever wedged behind the downpipe . I use an old tapered table leg for all kinds of jobs like this . Good luck .

Polish_20200516_223206409.thumb.png.8c977b7754160bc60e8534f8e1918092.png

Ive just taken mine off. I undid all the bolts holding all of the exhaust on and then had to push the pipe forward towards the front wheel. It was really awkward.

Iv undone all bolts all nuts are out iv had oil around the join for the last two days iv tried everything all my pulling power and pushing just won’t budge it’s currently just free hanging now and unclued what to do now because I can’t get to garage

I've done a bit of googling and this seems to be a fairly common issue with this bike. General consensus seems to be heating with a blow lamp (the pipe) and lots of penetrating fluid along with a trusty Rubber mallet

Guest Richzx6r

I've done a bit of googling and this seems to be a fairly common issue with this bike. General consensus seems to be heating with a blow lamp (the pipe) and lots of penetrating fluid along with a trusty Rubber mallet

:shock: you and your penetrating fluid tiggie...... :roll:

Cheers Iv already ordered a blow lamp hopefully does the trick thanks

I'd guess the end of the exhaust must have rusted and the rust has swelled up and jammed the exhaust into place. You could try scraping away any rust that's built up around the exhaust where it joins to the engine. That might free it up enough that you can get a bit of movement on it and wiggle it out. But heat is probably the way to get it out. I had a friend who had the same problem on a cbr250rr. He was trying to replace a rusted exhaust. The header was stuck in the engine like yours. He was getting more and more frustrated so he kicked the exhaust and it fell out so he thought great it's out but on closer inspection all that had happened was he had snapped the exhaust into two pieces and the rusted piece was still stuck in the engine :lol:

I'd guess the end of the exhaust must have rusted and the rust has swelled up and jammed the exhaust into place. You could try scraping away any rust that's built up around the exhaust where it joins to the engine. That might free it up enough that you can get a bit of movement on it and wiggle it out. But heat is probably the way to get it out. I had a friend who had the same problem on a cbr250rr. He was trying to replace a rusted exhaust. The header was stuck in the engine like yours. He was getting more and more frustrated so he kicked the exhaust and it fell out so he thought great it's out but on closer inspection all that had happened was he had snapped the exhaust into two pieces and the rusted piece was still stuck in the engine :lol:

😂😂 cheers mate hopefully get some heat on it when blow torch comes and can get it sorted pain in the arse but a guess this what happens ! Cheers 👍🏻