EXCITED MUCH !!!!

gymwitch

Guest Swagman

Now that’s a lot of cobwebs, looks good though. :thumb: :thumb:

I think its possibly better than i expected. I just want to get it now and have a proper look. Im hoping one night this week we can pick it up. 😬

Brilliant good luck. :thumb:

Screenshot_20200516-183624_WhatsApp.jpg

mine was the same colour

Dont suppose you have a pic?? Im not sure if this is a hurrucane?? Was yours?

Screenshot_20200516-183624_WhatsApp.jpg

mine was the same colour

Dont suppose you have a pic?? Im not sure if this is a hurrucane?? Was yours?

sadly i dont have a photo of it and im not sure if it was huricane or not, mine was an E reg

Found that searching for f ref cbr400

Thats what i found but it does have hurricane on it yet when you look for info it leads you to think the hurricane was the 600 and 1000 ??

I suppose it will all become clear.

[mention]gymwitch[/mention] If you pick it up in a van my bench is available for a preliminary strip for cleaning and give you a start if you want?

I am aware I am a long way away but its an offer of help if you need it?

Cheers

Ian

@gymwitch If you pick it up in a van my bench is available for a preliminary strip for cleaning and give you a start if you want?

I am aware I am a long way away but its an offer of help if you need it?

Cheers

Ian

Wow Ian thats a nice offer !!! I may well take you up on it or at the very least be battering your earholes with questions !!! Thank you 🙂

does it have hurricane written right on the bottom of the fairing :?:

I dont know but the colour and the chunky square vents could be a hurricane. She said she would take some pucs and thats all i got. Proper doing my head in 🤣🤣🤣

its a 1989 according to the Reg :thumb:

Oh right thanks 🙂

If you go on the government website you can check the vehicle details and the MOT history of it

By the way its bloody low mileage! although last MOT ran out in 2009! I hope its been dry stored or you may have fun getting it back on the road

I hope it all works out to be good underneath :D

its a 1989 according to the Reg :thumb:

Oh right thanks 🙂

If you go on the government website you can check the vehicle details and the MOT history of it

By the way its bloody low mileage! although last MOT ran out in 2009! I hope its been dry stored or you may have fun getting it back on the road

I hope it all works out to be good underneath :D

Ive done that 🙂 i think it was in dry storage but the ladt 4yrs been outside under an insulated cover. Its off the floor on two paddock stands. Looking at that info i dont think she wver rode it. The last time the keeper details changed was in 2011 but not mot'd. What a waste !!! 😒 i hope i can get her going again 🤔

i hope i can get her going again 🤔

Anything is possible it just depends on time and money but if its been in dry storage and then under cover for 4 years it may well not be that bad

Would you stick a new battery on and try it straight away or should i just start stripping it down and cleaning it? Its going into dry storage here.

Im pretty sure they would have dropped all the fluids out first...at least i hooe so.

I would check it has oil and turn it over by hand first I would remove the plugs and drop a bit of oil down the bores and rotate it a few times by hand before even attempting to start it.

Although it depends when it was last running too

If it has got oil in make sure it hasn't been overfilled before trying too.

Some people like to brim the oil tank before leaving the bike to stand for a long time.