What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Had a couple of hours out on the bike this afternoon, weather was spot on. Loads of bikers out and the traffic was like a typical Sunday. Nice little run down to Goodwood and back. Bike feels good, all working well although I definitely need to throw some new front brake pads in as soon as I can, there's hardly owt left on them. Nearly all my service parts have turned up now so I'll aim to do that over the next couple of weeks.

Was great to be out though, big smile all the time :D

Just managing your expectations !

Cheers

Ian

Could do a straight swap for my 636 ninja then :lol:

Thanks but I have no boat and no need for an anchor !

Besides I have already confessed to a bad back so a smaller sportsbike would be as welcome as gritty haemorrohoids (cant spell so just say piles).

Cheers

Ian

Whatever you do,if that’s the case don’t ever get one like my bike, not only is it incredibly uncomfortable, it also gets so hot it’s not funny, would I change it?, hell no!, imagine the ‘Busa is the same, although I’d say a fair bit more comfortable!.

Well mot got off to a good start, not.

Went to collect bike which I thought was finished, mot bloke was only doing batches on sat morn so I was told to take it for 11, no problem until

Battery decided to pack in, stuck it on charge, took it for a bit of a run, went for mot, it cut out during mot, bump started it and returned back to garage keeping revs above 5k or it just cut out, return leg was interesting.

New battery fitted now and all is good, mate had acquired one and it was waiting for me when I got back to garage.

I need beer.

_20200516_153248.thumb.JPG.6fdec48593deed2fd1f1dbc607eec02a.JPG

A nice little run around Warwickshire , Oxfordshire and Worcestershire . Banbury , Edge Hill , Ettington , Moreton in Marsh , Broadway , Stratford upon Avon , Wellesbourne and back home to Coventry . The bike is purring now that I've put some baffles in that give a bit of back pressure and the new tyres are a joy compared to the old ones .

IMG_20200516_152005805.thumb.jpg.b055ab6f4560aad35d1d0405d1adfe49.jpg

IMG_20200516_141850163_HDR.thumb.jpg.80a028e06943896247b0e3692e09b142.jpg

A nice little run around Warwickshire , Oxfordshire and Worcestershire . Banbury , Edge Hill , Ettington , Moreton in Marsh , Broadway , Stratford upon Avon , Wellesbourne and back home to Coventry . The bike is purring now that I've put some baffles in that give a bit of back pressure and the new tyres are a joy compared to the old ones .

Was out and about that way today myself, though carried on down to Burford and then Cirencester and back up via Fish Hill. More bikes than cars on the road today

Guest Richzx6r

Nothing to the bike but....changed the glow plugs on the jag and then cleaned out the egr valve with a mix of coca cola and diesel then with a toothbrush I scrubbed it clean of all the built up shite and cleaned it down with a can of carb cleaner, next job is to source some new hoses for the engine bay

When it’s allowed we’ll have to go for that spin @fastbob

There were more bikes than cars on the good country roads today .

Had an errand to run so got the bike out, Damn battery was dead :(

My own fault, it struggled to start last time it was run, I made a mental note to get a new one, then didn't bother.

Walked round to Beefy's to "borrow" my Optimate back of him, Optimate confirmed the battery was knackered.

Got a new one from Halfords, fitted it and set off to do my errand, total of 60 miles to deliver a birthday card to a house 2 miles away. :D

It was good to ride again (Eventually).

Nothing to the bike but....changed the glow plugs on the jag and then cleaned out the egr valve with a mix of coca cola and diesel then with a toothbrush I scrubbed it clean of all the built up shite and cleaned it down with a can of carb cleaner, next job is to source some new hoses for the engine bay

While I was awaiting mot slot they drove a jag in and proceed to smash out the drivers side tail light to open the boot, common problem apparently.

Mr muscle oven cleaner makes light work of EGR valves :thumb:

Went out to Little Budworth and then noticed the left hand front indicator wasn't working. It worked then didn't as I turned the bars which is a bit of a pain as some of the Bonneville range have been recalled due to the wiring loom failing at the headstock - and the first sign of trouble is dodgy indicators.

But those in the know reckon it's more likely a bad connector under the tank so I've been fiddling under there and for the time being it seems to be working again. Tomorrow's job is to take the tank off and check properly.

Guest Swagman
9913F3C2-7159-4870-A484-A4E4EAABC5B7.thumb.jpeg.d91f43332047e0fd28a534f191e19307.jpegWent out for a little ride today with the wife and daughter, all the mortuary boys were out going like maniacs, is there any wonder we bikers get a bad rep, some came past us in a 30 limit like we were parked, 50 mph easy. :shock:

You know what works even better?, driving a petrol car :P , I know this wasn’t particularly helpful, I drive a diesel but I hate EGR valves and DPFs!.

Guest Swagman

You know what works even better?, driving a petrol car :P , I know this wasn’t particularly helpful, I drive a diesel but I hate EGR valves and DPFs!.

DPFs are ok as long as you drive it like you stole it. :thumb:

DPFs are ok as long as you drive it like you stole it. :thumb:

I’ve thankfully not had a problem with mine yet, am quite lead footed though!.

Today the replacement part arrived by Hermes (on a Sunday!!) so it was a bit more Kawasaki bashing. No prizes for guessing which bit is new and which one is old..

https://i.imgur.com/ll48RUq.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

I extracted what was left of the bolt that had snapped for the breaker (aha good game good game) and it bolted right up with some new stainless capheads with washers underneath them and plenty of copper grease slathered all over. There was also a bracket to hold the wires in place but I didn't put it back because it seemed pointless and difficult to reinstall :lol: All that because the number plate light bulb holder rotted to death and you can't buy just the wiring and holder!

Also I noticed the pin for the left rear footpeg had disappeared and the peg ready to fall out so it got bolted into place..

https://i.imgur.com/V5Xddex.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

3.5 years old and with 22K on the clock and it seems to be giving the distinct impression of falling apart..

Today the replacement part arrived by Hermes (on a Sunday!!) so it was a bit more Kawasaki bashing. No prizes for guessing which bit is new and which one is old..

https://i.imgur.com/ll48RUq.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

I extracted what was left of the bolt that had snapped for the breaker (aha good game good game) and it bolted right up with some new stainless capheads with washers underneath them and plenty of copper grease slathered all over. There was also a bracket to hold the wires in place but I didn't put it back because it seemed pointless and difficult to reinstall :lol: All that because the number plate light bulb holder rotted to death and you can't buy just the wiring and holder!

Also I noticed the pin for the left rear footpeg had disappeared and the peg ready to fall out so it got bolted into place..

https://i.imgur.com/V5Xddex.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

3.5 years old and with 22K on the clock and it seems to be giving the distinct impression of falling apart..

clean that rear shock

Tried fitting some new LED Sequential indicators to the bike today. Thought it was going well until I tried them and they didn’t work. Tried swapping the wires around and still didn’t work. Then ended up blowing the fuse on my alarm which didn’t stop going off. Luckily they taped another fuse to it so I could swap it.

Not sure if the wires were not connected correctly and that’s what’s blew it or because the alarm is wired to the indicators and LED is not the same voltage :(

Standard indicators back on and no smaller plate still. About ready to get rid of this bike, alarm causes nothing but problems for me.

Wheeled the Bandit out and gave it a really good wash to get the dust ETC off. Dried down and left to air.

Had plenty of time to put the back end back on the Z500 after re re plating the fasteners, keeping the old brake hoses on till i save enough to get either replica rubber ones of braided lines. Still waiting for the barrel oil way seals.

594080780_Backend-topost.thumb.JPG.eb150b467fcdedce3bee269e67128d58.JPG

anyone used the TEC rear shocks? they do a 340mm set for T100 for £59.00. both of my sets have seen better days.

Bandit tucked up again awaiting some new Road pilot 5's. Is there no end to this spending?

Rob B