Bike Nights In the present Climate

onesea

I run a local FB page for bikers, since the start ofI posted up the other for places that are open for take out during rides.

I was amazed to have someone come back recommending this:

1477255334_Screenshot_20200519-0538002.png.cae2f2fb7a1d4589b1ceae336bddba78.png

72346668_Screenshot_20200519-0549214.thumb.png.ddd64d574e493d07834580f28528ec96.png

The way I read that bike Nights are still in full swing...

And his posts have been deleted...

Edited by onesea

What did you expect. Good sense?

Anyone who lives within a 100 miles and knows what the place is like could have predicted this. And of course they did.. It's a gtreat excuse to be outraged. A bit of sun on a Sunday is all the reason herders and cliques need to demonstrate just how idiotic they are. There's been A weeklong campaign of promoting and justifying going there on Facebook.

And as for the Churchill arms....their meets are in aid of the Air Ambulance. The irony of that is hysterical.

What did you expect. Good sense?

There's been A weeklong campaign of promoting and justifying going there on Facebook.

You're right. You could see it coming.

It's been very entertaining watching the FB group implode over the last few weeks. I'm surprised there wasn't a mass brawl on Sunday the way everyone has been carrying on in the group. :lol:

And as for the C@#_&-l arms....their meets are in aid of the Air Ambulance. The irony of that is hysterical.

I thought I had made it more subtle than that ;)

I think it's fair to say it's bad biking or everyone going out on big rides out and swamping small towns and villages. With what it going on it's so important to have the support of the public. It's tough some have been stuck inside with nothing to do, others like myself have been stuck at work with no opportunity to get any leave or go out and relax. Either way it's tough times but we will all get through this.

I was planning to take a short ride out with my wife yesterday or today and had prepped the bike but her fibromyalgia and arthritis struck again to put pay to that. No way will I be going out as a group for the foreseeable.

Stay safe and be sensible everyone, look to get out when we can and support small towns and businesses getting back on their feet

I went out yesterday and risk assessed beforehand, which is natural for me, it's part of my job. If I thought I was at risk, I wouldn't have bothered. I washed my hands before leaving home. Keeping to current guidelines, I met my friend, we had a brief chat from well over 2m then we were on our bikes until we got to the coast. We both brought our trainers and went for a walk, again maintaining social distancing. We both had food and water from home in our rucksacks. Hand sanitiser used again. We saw less than 10 people there and they were a large distance from us.

On the way back, stopped for fuel. Paid at the pump. Hand sanitiser before and after using the pump and also used gloves. Then home. Hands washed.

Go to a mass biker meet or even a ride out? How can anybody think that's low risk? Sod that.

The bit I'm finding hard to get my head round is that the most dangerous thing I do is come home. My wife works in a primary school and she's in work with kids who have no sense of keeping social distancing. By definition they are the children of key workers, mainly care home or hospital staff, ie those most likely to spread infection.

When school reopen it's going to be impossible to maintain any kind of safe practice no matter what the politicians reckon. So I feel like I live in two different worlds - one where we try to limit infection and the other where it's a case of daily Russian Roulette.

The mad thing is the number of things I can't do at work because it isn't safe, when I run a much higher risk simply eating my tea at home.

I joined the Willingham Woods FB page and had a brief look around . Just the usual opinionated , selfish twats that I was expecting to find . " Why can't we do this if so and so can do that ? etc etc seems to be the prevailing mood . What these idiots are missing is that they ,and anyone else , have no business creating a gathering of any kind be it cars , bikes , cyclists or motorcyclists . They seem to have whipped themselves up into a frenzy of mutual agreement and created their own giant bubble in which they feel that they can do as they please . It's a bit like people reading the Bible or any other religious text and picking out all the bits that justify whatever revolting crime they wish to commit while ignoring all the good bits . This nonsense may not end well . ( I've left the group )

Well said Bob. For what it's worth I prefer a bit of solitary riding in any case. I deal with the worst in society on a daily basis I much prefer the company of my crusty old dog, cat and chinchilla over most people. It's the few think opinionated ones who spoil things for the rest and I don't bother reading the news anymore. I've had a delivery of 5l of the finest Wye valley ale yesterday courtesy of my wife. I'll enjoy it in that garden today I think

Guest Swagman

I joined the Willingham Woods FB page and had a brief look around . Just the usual opinionated , selfish twats that I was expecting to find . " Why can't we do this if so and so can do that ? etc etc seems to be the prevailing mood . What these idiots are missing is that they ,and anyone else , have no business creating a gathering of any kind be it cars , bikes , cyclists or motorcyclists . They seem to have whipped themselves up into a frenzy of mutual agreement and created their own giant bubble in which they feel that they can do as they please . It's a bit like people reading the Bible or any other religious text and picking out all the bits that justify whatever revolting crime they wish to commit while ignoring all the good bits . This nonsense may not end well . ( I've left the group )

I am only about 30 miles from Willingham Woods I stopped going there around 8 years ago, It’s full of those I don’t give a dam about anyone else type of people and I have never been on the FB page .

I am only about 30 miles from Willingham Woods I stopped going there around 8 years ago, It’s full of those I don’t give a dam about anyone else type of people and I have never been on the FB page .

Its vary rare I visit willy woods although it can be a cracking ride down there!

When I do go its midweek when the weekend warriors are at work

Guest Swagman

Its vary rare I visit willy woods although it can be a cracking ride down there!

Agreed it is a nice ride there but if I do I ride straight past and carry on out of the way. :D

Agreed it is a nice ride there but if I do I ride straight past and carry on out of the way. :D

Now you see this is where we differ!

If I am going near a place like that then I am stopping as I would be heading there!

If my intention was to avoid it due the idiots who are out then I head to quieter roads due to less plod and traffic :lol:

Guest Swagman

Now you see this is where we differ!

If I am going near a place like that then I am stopping as I would be heading there!

If my intention was to avoid it due the idiots who are out then I head to quieter roads due to less plod and traffic :lol:

Yes but if I head for Louth or Mablethorpe I may go past that way but won’t go in. :D :D