All we need now is Cafe's open!

jedibiker

Its been nice to get out a little more for pleasure on the bike. I was able to use it a little for jobs on lockdown but getting out for fun is a lot better, But..

I usually like to stop for a coffee, but nowhere is open lol. I'm sure roadside cafes can manage a social distance thing. And I'm sure we can all avoid standing too close of course.

If you know anywhere open around south Yorkshire, Lincolnshire etc let me know. off out tomorrow.

Take a flask :lol: :thumb:

Actually considered it. Didn't want to take a backpack though. fuel stations usually do coffee, its just not very scenic.

I have a small thermos stainless steel one 500ml just bigger than an average cupful and that fits inside my jacket pocket :thumb:

The main reason that so many dickheads poured into Matlock Bath at the weekend was that everything was open .

Guest Swagman

On drive past a roadside cafe the other day I was shocked how many cars and people were hanging around. No distancing going on either :roll:

Ditto on Sunday we road past a roadside cafe with around 15 motorcyclists standing in groups no more than 2feet apart, so maybe they should remain closed until people can learn what the social distance actually is.

if people are being daft then yes I see why they are closed. A little longer being careful is a good idea.

But having said that and I don't want to start a debate, but the government hasn't exactly been honest with figures. I would like to see things return to normal soon. As I said, my opinion and not right now.

Saw at least 5 lay-by caravan cafes open on my trip out today.

All had signs saying ‘Now Open Again’ leading up to them, least it meant I could take into account the dickheads swerving in and out of them!!

Take a flask :lol: :thumb:

Actually considered it. Didn't want to take a backpack though. fuel stations usually do coffee, its just not very scenic.

I have a small thermos stainless steel one 500ml just bigger than an average cupful and that fits inside my jacket pocket :thumb:

Don't want to go all Elf and wafety on you, god knows I can be stooped but for fooks sake don't come off with a stainless flask in your jacket !

You have no idea the mess it will make of your ribs.

Nearly as bad as those nobheads who wear heavy duty chains over their shoulders.

Safer in flip flops and shorts lol.

Cheers

Ian

Don't want to go all Elf and wafety on you, god knows I can be stooped but for fooks sake don't come off with a stainless flask in your jacket !

You have no idea the mess it will make of your ribs.

Nearly as bad as those nobheads who wear heavy duty chains over their shoulders.

Safer in flip flops and shorts lol.

Cheers

Ian

I just said it fits, made no mention of me riding with it in there :lol: :thumb:

There's two ways of looking at this . Don't assume that all the cafés and snack vans closed because they were heeding the advice of the Government . They closed because in the early weeks of lockdown they had no customers .

Unfortunately its not just all about social distancing!

A lot of people seem to not understand how cross contamination works

Its OK being 2 meters away but that cup of coffee you have just got may well have been touched by someone with the virus then you are going to stick it in your mouth.

People need to consider touch points as well as avoiding people :)

It's also possible that people not distancing may have already had the virus.

I try to avoid people just so they feel better, not because I might pose a risk. People I know who've had it, we don't distance to the same extent.

Just as all this was kicking off, before lockdown but when we knew there was a problem, I was out with a mate and stopped at a biker's cafe. There was a communal milk jug and used spoons all over the counter. Bad enough at the best of times but given the situation totally ludicrous. I'm staying well clear of roadside cafes for the time being.

It's also possible that people not distancing may have already had the virus.

I try to avoid people just so they feel better, not because I might pose a risk. People I know who've had it, we don't distance to the same extent.

Now that loss of sense of taste and smell are being officially listed as symptoms , I am more convinced than ever that I have had the virus and made a full recovery .

There are so many dangerous loopholes no matter what measures are put in place . Like the lady in M&S sitting behind a screen with gloves on who coughed into her hand and then attempted to hand me my receipt .

Guest Swagman

Its OK being 2 meters away but that cup of coffee you have just got may well have been touched by someone with the virus then you are going to stick it in your mouth.

Exactly Stu I got it going to the shops it was that easy, and we were already social distancing so was either off of a product or the basket. :shock: :shock:

Its why they wash hands and have sanitiser etc. But everyone still going Asda, b&q, getting takeaways, dropping stuff off for those who can't get out.

Things will be fine if common sense is used. Even better if the media stops scaring folk with hyped up figures too. My Mrs works at a vets, they cant work apart, my brother a fireman, they also cant work apart. All healthy and fine. If someone has a bad underlying illness then yes stay home.

Exactly Stu I got it going to the shops it was that easy, and we were already social distancing so was either off of a product or the basket. :shock: :shock:

I noticed early on the baskets and trolleys wasn't getting cleaned after each use. Which to me was daft as it was the one thing everyone touched. Did you get tested? Friend of ours was really ill, went to airport for the test and was ok. If she had gone to the hospital they would have put her on covid ward.

Its why they wash hands and have sanitiser etc. But everyone still going Asda, b&q, getting takeaways, dropping stuff off for those who can't get out.

Things will be fine if common sense is used. Even better if the media stops scaring folk with hyped up figures too. My Mrs works at a vets, they cant work apart, my brother a fireman, they also cant work apart. All healthy and fine. If someone has a bad underlying illness then yes stay home.

Tell that to my work mate who's funeral I will be attending tomorrow who died of this. He did everything he could to avoid getting this and as did everyone around him yet he still got it! all it takes is one little mistake!

I know 3 people that have died from this and another 6 people who have had it! its not a nice thing to have! as [mention]fastbob[/mention] and [mention]Swagman[/mention] I'm sure they wouldn't wish it on anyone.

This really is as bad as what they are saying its a shame people don't believe it.

Tell that to my work mate who's funeral I will be attending tomorrow who died of this. He did everything he could to avoid getting this and as did everyone around him yet he still got it! all it takes is one little mistake!

I know 3 people that have died from this and another 6 people who have had it! its not a nice thing to have! as @fastbob and @Swagman I'm sure they wouldn't wish it on anyone.

This really is as bad as what they are saying its a shame people don't believe it.

Sorry for your loss. I certainly wouldn't wish it on anyway.

I just find it a shame people are dying of something and they put COVID on their death cert even if they didn't die of it.(from the chief science fella) Its misleading and disrespectful to the family and friends of that person. I know some are genuinely dying of it. Your area must be a densely hit area.?