All we need now is Cafe's open!

jedibiker

Now that loss of sense of taste and smell are being officially listed as symptoms , I am more convinced than ever that I have had the virus and made a full recovery .

Im certain alot had it in December/Jan. Flu like symptoms, bad chest etc.

Tell that to my work mate who's funeral I will be attending tomorrow who died of this. He did everything he could to avoid getting this and as did everyone around him yet he still got it! all it takes is one little mistake!

I know 3 people that have died from this and another 6 people who have had it! its not a nice thing to have! as @fastbob and @Swagman I'm sure they wouldn't wish it on anyone.

This really is as bad as what they are saying its a shame people don't believe it.

Sorry for your loss. I certainly wouldn't wish it on anyway.

I just find it a shame people are dying of something and they put COVID on their death cert even if they didn't die of it.(from the chief science fella) Its misleading and disrespectful to the family and friends of that person. I know some are genuinely dying of it. Your area must be a densely hit area.?

I have seen no evidence to say that they are putting it down as covid when it may well not be etc! I know people who work for the NHS and have had dealings with covid and I know for a fact these people would not keep quiet about it if thats what was happening and I know one would sooner walk out their job than put up with that.

You hear the odd mutter about it on social media but nothing to back it up so I will take that with a pinch of salt until its proved otherwise to me.

No not densely hit area and some of them don't even live in my area who have had it. Our area is one of the least affected so far.

I have seen no evidence to say that they are putting it down as covid when it may well not be etc! I know people who work for the NHS and have had dealings with covid and I know for a fact these people would not keep quiet about it if thats what was happening and I know one would sooner walk out their job than put up with that.

You hear the odd mutter about it on social media but nothing to back it up so I will take that with a pinch of salt until its proved otherwise to me.

No not densely hit area and some of them don't even live in my area who have had it. Our area is one of the least affected so far.

Sir Patrick Vallance said it during a live press release. it sent the internet nuts.

Now that loss of sense of taste and smell are being officially listed as symptoms , I am more convinced than ever that I have had the virus and made a full recovery .

Im certain alot had it in December/Jan. Flu like symptoms, bad chest etc.

I had those symptoms in January as well but I read that this particular cold was known to doctors and was not C19 . If it was , I surely wouldn't have got it all over again but with different symptoms and increased severity in March .

Sir Patrick Vallance said it during a live press release. it sent the internet nuts.

What did he actually say?

The internet may have gone nuts but you have many many trolls who like to twist things this is why I take most things with a pinch of salt until the evidence is right there

What did he actually say?

The internet may have gone nuts but you have many many trolls who like to twist things this is why I take most things with a pinch of salt until the evidence is right there

I never believe a thing unless see it myself. Nor do I trust documents online I can't find. there is one by the ONS about death certs, but finding the source is hard.

But Patrick said clearly that the ons record people that got COVID on their death certificate, it doesn't mean they were infected as they wasn't tested.

The issue of death certificates is difficult. I know from funeral directors that they have struggled with this. Some death certificates list Covid even when the person has died of other causes simply because Covid is a notifiable disease and if anyone shows any signs of it then it is assumed and therefore recorded on the death certificate. In other cases before testing got anywhere near adequate people with Covid were slipping through and going unrecorded, especially outside of hospitals. The impact on funeral directors staff who were handling bodies they didn't know were infected has caused real problems.

One example is that anyone who has a pacemaker fitted can't be cremated until it has been removed, and often it's left for the funeral director to remove it. At one stage I knew one funeral director who was therefore unable to cremate anyone with a pacemaker because he'd be told not to remove them - whereas another funeral director told me he was still removing pacemakers because no-one had told him not to.

More thorough testing makes the situation better.

People often misunderstand death certificates. For example someone with cancer may in the end contract pneumonia and then their death certificate will list that as the cause of death. That's pretty common.

What needs to be looked into is how long this has been in circulation. There is evidence that deaths rose from November onwwards, and a hig proportion were listed as being linked to respiratory issues before Covid was identified. One funeral director I know of did 75% of their annual number of funerals between January and March.

The BMA did update their guide lines on issuing death certs so that the doctor issuing it can put Covid on the DC if it is suspected. It does not need to have a positive test.

“ In those cases where the doctor is confident on medical grounds that a particular cause of death is likely then that should be entered on the MCCD. COVID-19 is an acceptable direct or underlying cause of death for the purposes of completing the MCCD, even without the results of a positive test, and it is important that likely COVID-19 deaths are reported as such via the registrar.”

Extract from BMA guide.

Guest Swagman

Exactly Stu I got it going to the shops it was that easy, and we were already social distancing so was either off of a product or the basket. :shock: :shock:

I noticed early on the baskets and trolleys wasn't getting cleaned after each use. Which to me was daft as it was the one thing everyone touched. Did you get tested? Friend of ours was really ill, went to airport for the test and was ok. If she had gone to the hospital they would have put her on covid ward.

No not tested as they would not test unless admitted to hospital, I had the ambulance crew out to me as I could not breath, they asked numerous questions on my symptoms and told me typical covid symptoms things that were not televised, they also leave a form with you which they fill in while stabilising you to which it stated corona virus which is also electronically sent to your go surgery.

No not tested as they would not test unless admitted to hospital, I had the ambulance crew out to me as I could not breath, they asked numerous questions on my symptoms and told me typical covid symptoms things that were not televised, they also leave a form with you which they fill in while stabilising you to which it stated corona virus which is also electronically sent to your go surgery.

They did the same to my friend, he had the symptoms, was feeling really off, so they said "you have COVID" he said hang on I've had this for 5 weeks. So did get tested and DIDNT have it. Just because they say you have it doesn't mean you do.

They also told another friend he had heart failure 3 years ago and would die, 12 months later told him it had gone. Meaning never had it. So much crap to it all.

Guest Swagman

He went to the hospital as he has an underlying illness, well a couple. but was and is ok.They didnt keep him in

Lucky him they wouldn’t take me in said I was safer at home, I also have a couple of underlying probs as in diabetic,angina high blood pressure, I asked about a test they said you will only get a test if admitted to the hospital. :shock:

Lucky him they wouldn’t take me in said I was safer at home, I also have a couple of underlying probs as in diabetic,angina high blood pressure, I asked about a test they said you will only get a test if admitted to the hospital. :shock:

He has a brain disease so wasnt risking it