Motorcycling in a suit?

Pbassred

Yeah I have ridden to interviews a couple of times mostly to be able the answer the question; "can you manage the commute?" However I didn't get those jobs. I can pack a suit jacket onto a top box but its a faf.

Does anyone else do this?

I've never ridden in a suit but a mate used to wear his cassock rolled up under his leather jacket, get to a rural village church for evening service and just take off his jacket and launch into things. He used to belt round Oxfordshire on an old Norton so they heard him coming and knew when to be ready to start.

Not bike related so apologies

I rarely wear a suit but in one day long ago I had a job interview, my neighbour didn't recognise me, the prick doing the interview was a prick and I turned it down, It ended up wit my ex in hospital with pregnancy issues, I rushed there and was asked to do the ultrasound cause they thought I was the consultant.

I dread to think of wearing one and riding the bike.

Never ridden a bike in a suit. Apart from weddings and funerals never wear the bloody thing except for once a year visit to the office for attitude adjustment. Hate ties as well. What the f**k is the point of them?

I commute in on my bike to central london daily, well not for a while but will do again some day.

Suit trousers were always fine under my textiles or my hood jeans.

I keep my jackets in the office. I don't really need it unless I'm meeting clients so one day I brought them in and they just hang there now.

Shirts are the hard part. If you're on a sports bike and leaning over it can get creased quicker than a naked.

If you can, buy non iron shirts bit do iron them. Non iron shirts used to feel terrible. (Before office jobs was a drycleaner)

Tm lewin, CT shirts, Hawes &Curtis etc all do them and they are nice to wear.

After the commute the shirt will have some creases but your body heat will smooth these out in an hour.

Just make sure your jacket isnt too tight as it will wrinkle a lot then.

Finally, once you have a job you could get them washed and ironed in a shop close to your office. Commute in a tshirt and change when you arrive in.

Final final option. Store an iron in your office if you can. A bank I worked for had one in the back. It was great, if not a bit odd

Years ago I went on to the beach on my Africa Twin, 30c very hot so I decided to ride light. Shorts trainers and T-shirt.

That was the first and last time I went on the bike without proper gear.

Halfway home I was "hit" by a poor beetle at 60mph. Had to stop and recover. the impact felt like a bullet.

From then I always wear proper gear. :)

Only job interview I went to on the bike was for a valeter at a bike garage. Didn't wear a suit for that as seemed a bit pointless. Didn't get the job though so maybe I should of made the effort :lol: