What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Guest Swagman

Did a test fit for my fishing gear, with great success, 2 of my main rods and a telescopic spin rod, my tackle bag and a rod rest :lol: :thumb:

P1020672.JPG

P1020673.JPG

Hey up Dynax is that L plate for the fishing then. :D

Did a test fit for my fishing gear, with great success, 2 of my main rods and a telescopic spin rod, my tackle bag and a rod rest :lol: :thumb:

P1020672.JPG

P1020673.JPG

Hey up Dynax is that L plate for the fishing then. :D

No! it's for the LURGY :lol: :thumb:

P1020672.JPG

P1020673.JPG

Where’s your box, poles, runners, 3 keep nets, staging & 2 tons of feed/ bait?

Getting the Bandit ready for it's new chain and sprockets and tyres

100_5015.thumb.JPG.23170914bbe5ad88b06da45e9165e6eb.JPG

before and after

Back wheel out and bolts cleaned ready for replate

100_5026.thumb.JPG.24029b41d86ed6bc78d6d5c84cb80a00.JPG

Shock linkage out and regreased

100_5023.thumb.JPG.7e2147f5805d6cd4b0af813f19853319.JPG

underside cleaned too

100_5033.thumb.JPG.d1718d818e505c3ad0a1fc8706d60ea6.JPG

Front out next

100_5014.thumb.JPG.02952f1ccddf20d974cd76984b461e96.JPG

P1020672.JPG

P1020673.JPG

:lol: This is for some sea fishing, first will be some spinning for a mackerel, that will then get chopped up for bait for a couple of long distant lines, then spinning while waiting for some bites on the the other 2 :thumb:

Edited by dynax

P1020672.JPG

P1020673.JPG

:lol: This is for some sea fishing, first will be some spinning for a mackeral, that will then get chopped up for bait for a couple of long distant lines, then spinning while waiting for some bites on the the other 2 :thumb:

& don’t forget some ‘Dirty’ Squid...

Guest Swagman

P1020672.JPG

P1020673.JPG

:lol: This is for some sea fishing, first will be some spinning for a mackerel, that will then get chopped up for bait for a couple of long distant lines, then spinning while waiting for some bites on the the other 2 :thumb:

You hope, may just be spinning all day. :D :D

P1020672.JPG

P1020673.JPG

Feathers for Mackerel .

Bought a screen for Xena should arrive tomorrow sometime, might even get chance to fit and test it :lol: :thumb:

930618010_none_600.jpg

Wait for the inevitable GIF from Hombre Solitario .

Feathers for Mackerel .

Okay using feathers from a pier or boat, but will be on the rocks and spinning will have chance of a variety of quarry, also more chance of getting into the bigger fish with lures plus it's makes for better sport playing a single fish than hauling out brace after brace :thumb:

Feathers for Mackerel .

Okay using feathers from a pier or boat, but will be on the rocks and spinning will have chance of a variety of quarry, also more chance of getting into the bigger fish with lures plus it's makes for better sport playing a single fish than hauling out brace after brace :thumb:

It's true . I take an all purpose telescopic rod to Scotland to fish for Mackerel in the various deep harbours . It can be very frustrating when you catch four fish with the first cast and have nothing to do for the rest of the day except eat them . I always plan to fish for brook trout but it's impossible to find worms up there .

I’ve caught Sea Trout in a Scottish sea loch ( Loch Long ) using feathers.

& very tasty they were to.

Catching fish & cooking them on the beach is one of life’s great joys.

I’ve caught Sea Trout in a Scottish sea loch ( Loch Long ) using feathers.

& very tasty they were to.

Catching fish & cooking them on the beach is one of life’s great joys.

Looking at getting a smallish portable smoker, will have to get one that uses the paraffin blocks as opposed to a spirit burner type :thumb:

Filleting Mackerel is an art I haven’t mastered - it’s a complete git ... I always end up taking out bones with a pair of pliers before cooking.

I’ve discovered that it’s probably better to cook them whole & remove the bones as your eating them.

I’ve managed to catch 6 different species using the same lure off the same mark in Cornwall:

Mackerel

Bass

Gar

Pollack

Wrasse ( that was a bloody surprise )

Coalfish

Also saw a Sunfish there once.

Fishing with bait there could also be good, but the Spider crabs are a bloody menace .... caught a couple of those too.

I’ve managed to catch 6 different species using the same lure off the same mark in Cornwall:

Mackerel

Bass

Gar

Pollack

Wrasse ( that was a bloody surprise )

Coalfish

Also saw a Sunfish there once.

Fishing with bait there could also be good, but the Spider crabs are a bloody menace .... caught a couple of those too.

Spider crab :thumb:

Filleting Mackerel is an art I haven’t mastered - it’s a complete git ... I always end up taking out bones with a pair of pliers before cooking.

I’ve discovered that it’s probably better to cook them whole & remove the bones as your eating them.

Easy peasy. With Mackerel, I slit down the belly, remove the innards then place it upright on a chopping board. I then use the palm of my hand to push down on the spine and the fish spreads outwards until it is flat on the chopping board. Then pull out the spinal cord along with the attached bones.

Fillet or cook the fish whole. Works every time for me :thumb: