Out and about security

I always use my disc lock on the rear wheel and if i'm away from the bike for more than a few minutes i have one of these and a chain :thumb:

27446.jpg

Think that’s what I’m going to go for with a decent lock, won’t take much room in a tail bag.

Cheers everyone :cheers:

I have those for my boats. Last year I changed cars and arrived at the club without the key to the lock. It took less than 5 minutes with a very blunt Junior Hacksaw to cut through the cable. They look meaty but the cable inside is very easy to cut.

It’s just more of a deterrent for me. I probably never leave the bike for more than 10 minutes at a time, It’s only for when I nip into shops basically.

Think that’s what I’m going to go for with a decent lock, won’t take much room in a tail bag.

Cheers everyone :cheers:

I have those for my boats. Last year I changed cars and arrived at the club without the key to the lock. It took less than 5 minutes with a very blunt Junior Hacksaw to cut through the cable. They look meaty but the cable inside is very easy to cut.

It’s just more of a deterrent for me. I probably never leave the bike for more than 10 minutes at a time, It’s only for when I nip into shops basically.

That's the thing to stop the opportunist, an organised gang is another matter and not much would deter them if they wanted it :evil: :cheers:

A big heavy bike?

I am also believer in simple things. If I was going to steal a bike I would not want:

surprise's,

I would want soft target,

I would want secluded,

Park in public or where lots of people pass,

I would not be surprised if highly visible Disk lock cable is as important as the actual lock.

Make the bike look undesirable,

Something like this might give enough surprise to deter them:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Wireless+Vibration+Alarm+with+Remote&client=ms-android-cubot&prmd=sivn&sxsrf=ALeKk03_g_vMEciK7E2HDexAh4bdbHjSzQ:1590093406393&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjl75bF58XpAhUVlFwKHVq-AbYQ_AUoAXoECAwQAQ&biw=360&bih=592&dpr=2

I have similar on my garage door it won't stop them but might make them think twice.

I normally leave empty tank bag on bike to make it look like I am not away long

This is a common sense bit of presentation by a guy from Bennetts. Basically anything that slows thieves down will put them off and you don't need to spend a fortune. I do like the locks that can double as a disc lock and a chain lock - two for the price of one. The other thing with the disc locks is to use the pin type on the front wheel and the hasp type on the back wheel through the rear sprocket and over the chain. That way both wheels are locked so they can't lift one end and wheel it away. Nor can they as easily remove the rear wheel.