Any gsxr1000r l7-l9 2017+ owners on here?

geofferz

I have a few questions and gixxer specific forums don't seem very helpful.

Actually in case anyone happens to know...

Aftermarket mirrors? Bar ends? ood idea? Stock looks very sticky outy.

Non-drill crash bungs - r&g are like £230 - any alternatives?

Are tail tidies hard to fit? Any good ones to buy or avoid? I am not very mechanically savvy...

Ta

Are tail tidies hard to fit? Any good ones to buy or avoid? I am not very mechanically savvy...

Ta

All I can tell you as a former salesman is that R&G crash bungs require drilling or even the cutting of large holes because they are designed to fit where the bike will hit the ground . Anything else is just decoration . Sticky outy mirrors are for seeing what's behind you . 😉

Ta

All I can tell you as a former salesman is that R&G crash bungs require drilling or even the cutting of large holes because they are designed to fit where the bike will hit the ground . Anything else is just decoration . Sticky outy mirrors are for seeing what's behind you . 😉

Thanks squire. R&g does no drill ones, but like I say they're very expensive!

And I like bar end mirrors - works great on my Mt 😁

Ta

Thanks squire. R&g does no drill ones, but like I say they're very expensive!

And I like bar end mirrors - works great on my Mt 😁

Do you know anyone with a lathe ? Back in the day people fitted skateboard wheels using spacers .

Guest Richzx6r

You buying one?, they’re meant to be really good from what I’ve heard.

Just did yeah. 20200523_191320.jpg

So you have a new steed eh, what you done with the mt10?

Traded it in mate! Got a sublime deal on both - £14k for the 2020 gsxr1000r (rrp is £16500), £500 down, 143 a month. Wigan motorcycles in, well, Wigan. Paid me actual market rate for ny bike that had a bald rear and I had missed the 12k major service, very generous of them indeed. 270 mile trip home on my first ever sports bike, in partial rain, with damn near slicks on... I'm tired.

Guest Richzx6r

Traded it in mate! Got a sublime deal on both - £14k for the 2020 gsxr1000r (rrp is £16500), £500 down, 143 a month. Wigan motorcycles in, well, Wigan. Paid me actual market rate for ny bike that had a bald rear and I had missed the 12k major service, very generous of them indeed. 270 mile trip home on my first ever sports bike, in partial rain, with damn near slicks on... I'm tired.

Not a bad deal then, so how was your first long ish distance trip on a sports bike? Aching much? If not now you probably will be in the morning

Not a bad deal then, so how was your first long ish distance trip on a sports bike? Aching much? If not now you probably will be in the morning

Not too bad tbh mate. It's one of the most comfortable ones deffo. I'll ride again tomorrow for sure.

Nice, by the sound of it you went for the higher spec version?, looks good :thumb: .

I went out for a great blast with a couple of others last weekend, think you’d have enjoyed it!.

Hopefully doesn’t take long to get it run in.

Nice, by the sound of it you went for the higher spec version?, looks good :thumb: .

I went out for a great blast with a couple of others last weekend, think you’d have enjoyed it!.

Yeah - the R. Over the standard version it has a quickshifter/blipper, launch control which I am psyched to use, special imu cornering abs thing, showa balance free forks which are meant to be unreal, inverted dash (not tft but that doesn't really bother me tbh), braided front lines.

It's a 600 mile run in, I'm at 400 miles so basically there 😉

Guest Richzx6r

Well get yourself up this way I'll get the bike insured and we can get out for a blast?

That's a 6 hour ride!

Ahh nothing too far for a man of your calibre :thumb:

Yeah - the R. Over the standard version it has a quickshifter/blipper, launch control which I am psyched to use, special imu cornering abs thing, showa balance free forks which are meant to be unreal, inverted dash (not tft but that doesn't really bother me tbh), braided front lines.

I’ve got all of that on mine and the one I use/like the most is the quick shifter/blipper it’s great not needing the clutch on downshifts.TFT dash is cool but like you I’d be just as happy without. Still not used the launch control on my bike, I did on my previous one once, might try it on mine at some point but it’s not as great as you’d expect to be honest.

Heard only good things about the new GSXR though, hope you enjoy the new bike :thumb: .

I’ve got a test ride on a different bike in a couple of weeks, small possibility I might be re joining the inline 4 club!, it will have to be pretty special to tempt me off the Panigale though.

I’ve got all of that on mine and the one I use/like the most is the quick shifter/blipper it’s great not needing the clutch on downshifts.TFT dash is cool but like you I’d be just as happy without. Still not used the launch control on my bike, I did on my previous one once, might try it on mine at some point but it’s not as great as you’d expect to be honest.

Heard only good things about the new GSXR though, hope you enjoy the new bike :thumb: .

I’ve got a test ride on a different bike in a couple of weeks, small possibility I might be re joining the inline 4 club!, it will have to be pretty special to tempt me off the Panigale though.

Oooh intersting! Not sure where you can go from a V4 - 'down' I think is the only answer. Why the interest in condiserinf alternatives?

Oooh intersting! Not sure where you can go from a V4 - 'down' I think is the only answer. Why the interest in condiserinf alternatives?

I did really want a different V4, the only trouble is Honda didn’t bother to release one this year, I’m interested in seeing what the new Fireblade is like but I doubt it’s going to tempt me off the Ducati to be honest, I’m happy with my bike and will most likely keep it another couple of years.

Ah yes I remember you mentioning honda. I wouldn't personally swap a panigale for a fireblade!! I know the new one is immense, but it doesn't excite me like your bike.

Levers and protectors fitted, with tank pad, and new visor to match

20200528_174114.thumb.jpg.219516759afb9de1e50ddd8bf3aec1a0.jpg

20200528_173834.thumb.jpg.056c492780948c1f8edfd05366e6d9a5.jpg

Ah yes I remember you mentioning honda. I wouldn't personally swap a panigale for a fireblade!! I know the new one is immense, but it doesn't excite me like your bike.

Levers and protectors fitted, with tank pad, and new visor to match

20200528_174114.jpg

20200528_173834.jpg

It's more curiousity to see what its like, I can't see me swapping it either, if it was an RVF1000RR not a CBR1000RR though I'd have swapped it already :D . GSXR looking good mate, you'll have it run in and ready to be used fully in no time!