Former Railway Line in Caniles!

Been on an epic journey or a fantastic day out? Found some amazing roads and have a story to share? Use this section to share your stories and pictures.
XTreme
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Has liked: 1503 times
Been liked: 2124 times

Former Railway Line in Caniles!

Post by XTreme » Sat May 23, 2020 2:14 pm

Spanish govt restrictions say that you have to be riding for a specific reason. Therefore I was going to the bike dealer in Baza and somehow took a wrong turning! We've all done it!

Amazingly I ended up at the site of the former Caniles railway station which first opened in 1894. It was located next to the former “Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes” sugar factory which shut down in 1973.

The line itself finally closed in 1984, but the former station buildings have since been restored, and the railway tracks have now been replaced by country walks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tiggie
Bike(s): Nothing :-(
Has liked: 1259 times
Been liked: 1345 times

Re: Former Railway Line in Caniles!

Post by Tiggie » Sat May 23, 2020 2:14 pm

I love looking at abandoned place like that :cheers:
Play nice or I'll wake Rennie up. And nobody wants that!!

XTreme
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Has liked: 1503 times
Been liked: 2124 times

Post by XTreme » Sat May 23, 2020 2:31 pm

Tiggie wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:14 pm
I love looking at abandoned place like that :cheers:
In the early 70's in Britain there was miles of old former railway tracks right across the UK, and I used to follow them on my little Honda XL. Some of the stations were still standing as well.

Then they converted them into bloody nature walks so access for the likes of us was gone. Seems they did the same in Spain.

skyrider
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 627 times

Post by skyrider » Sat May 23, 2020 8:28 pm

just down the road not far away there was an old railway yard several years ago with old steam locos as far as you could see buffer to buffer all rusting away and waiting to be cut up
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

Return to “Ride Reports and Pictures”