What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Bloody work for me 3am and just finished. On the positive side I kegged some homebrew Welsh red ale, and started some cider something to look forward to in a month's time when it's ready to enjoy

Now to find a valid reason to go out on the bike!

Mine for today is going to be to visit some godforsaken remote place that has a cafe/restaurant at the endpoint.....to have a coffee!

And then not have one!

Wind? What wind?

803C2F57-42CE-43C2-8AB9-31E3A19EF273.jpeg

Did you ride the B6047? Cracking road that, plenty of fast sweeping bends :mrgreen:

Did you ride the B6047? Cracking road that, plenty of fast sweeping bends :mrgreen:

6047 - out to Lincs, down to Stamford, off to Uppingham, back on the B664 (for my money far better than the 6047 - but shhhhh) where I got serious air over a humpback bridge, and then home.

120 miles of smiles.

6047 - out to Lincs, down to Stamford, off to Uppingham, back on the B664 (for my money far better than the 6047 - but shhhhh) where I got serious air over a humpback bridge, and then home.

120 miles of smiles.

Yes must admit the 664 is brilliant too and slightly more technical (not to mention less travelled). I think I know the bridge you’re talking about too :lol:

Yes must admit the 664 is brilliant too and slightly more technical (not to mention less travelled). I think I know the bridge you’re talking about too :lol:

Last time I went there I was overtaken by a gang of speeding space invaders. Fifteen minutes later and I found four of them clustered around a bloke climbing out of a hedge on the hairpin :lol:

I have his channel bookmarked, and i practice some of those Manoeuvres when i am out, countersteering on bends and turns, haven't practiced any of the other stuff, but when i get the chance i am going to make some cones using potnoodle pots and set up a course to practice on :thumb:

I've learned long ago that you HAVE to look where you want to go.

Look at the obstacule and you will hit it :)

Had my day out on Thursday. Today is back to painting and decorating. Why is modern gloss paint so bloody horrible to use? 😠😢

No nasty chemicals in it, blame it on the snowflakes :lol: :thumb:

[mention]Mr Fro[/mention] same here! When decorating the hallway I took off the hand rail as we are getting a new one. It left an approx 10cm high by 2cm deep gouge all way up the stairs.

No plaster to be found anywhere. In fact the woman at Screwfix actually laughed at me :shock:

All I could find was little 600g tubs of ready made filler. I bought 7 or 8 of those instead :roll:

@Mr Fro same here! When decorating the hallway I took off the hand rail as we are getting a new one. It left an approx 10cm high by 2cm deep gouge all way up the stairs.

No plaster to be found anywhere. In fact the woman at Screwfix actually laughed at me :shock:

All I could find was little 600g tubs of ready made filler. I bought 7 or 8 of those instead :roll:

You could have made your own for the smallish amount needed :thumb:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthen_plaster

There is a field in walking distance full of cows so plenty of manure for the binding :D

I have actually made the flour paste before to do a quick patch of some wallpaper that my cat had used as a scratching post. was only an approx 3ft section but it worked!! This was back in the day when the only transport I had was the Wifes car and she was at work so I had to get creative on my days off sometimes :lol: