Screen spoiler

I bought one of these the other day to try as a lot of people rant and rave how good they are

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07WHXT8MB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There is loads on amazon a lot cheaper than the "expensive" named ones that look pretty much the same and at £30 its not too hard to swallow it it doesn't work.

But because I already have a big barn door on the bike its not a good combination as it all sits too tall.

Raising the screen in to my normal riding position its way too tall to see over and it causes distortion to your vision! Probably OK for the oldies as it would probably straighten their eye sight out :D

Although saying that it seems to work well in directing the airflow

I have now removed the large screen and fitted my standard screen with the spoiler which makes it now 7cm smaller than my large screen so I will need to test ride again :lol:

this is it fitted to the large screen I will get another photo of the standard screen at some point

IMG_20200524_165333.jpg

I also have a touring screen I could borrow which is halfway between standard and the large screen I have

I am messing about with all this as the air flow just doesn't feel right on the FJR :?

Another advantage Stu is that in the hot weather you can tilt it to direct the airflow at your chest.

I have often thought, Why has no one made a screen with a decent adjustable vent in it for the FJR!

It could give you the best of both so you can ride with your visor wide open and the screen just pushing air out of your eyes but directing air to your body!

This would also reduce negative pressure in front of you which gives the feeling of being dragged forward and pushed forward from the rear

I am no expert but at some point in last 20 years they have worked out big screens don't always make more comfortable bikes.

On the Triumph Trophy I have 3 screens tall medium and small.

I find the smallest screen with similar deflector the best combination in all weathers.

Yes I get more air flow but I start just as dry and warm or cold with a adjustment of the screen.

Most modern bikes seen to rely on directing airflow rather than reducing it with full fairings..

Yeah I know where you're coming from [mention]onesea[/mention]

You can space the screen at the bottom to change the characteristics and its surprising at what difference it makes!

There is loads of screens available but I don't have loads of screens money :lol:

IMG_20200525_172011.jpg

Same location as yesterday!

Smaller screen this time and what a difference!

While its a little bit more windy with a smaller screen and not as quiet its certainly reduces the turbulence

I had a similar one on the Super Tenere I used to have Stu, it was a god send on the trip I did to Verbier, hot weather and it it allowed me to direct the wind where it was needed most. I also found it went a long way to help cut down the head buffeting you often get at speed with ADV bikes, it was money well spent :thumb:

I also found it went a long way to help cut down the head buffeting you often get at speed with ADV bikes, it was money well spent :thumb:

This is the main reason for trying this

Even though I have a large screen thats like a barn door I get too much buffeting on the top of my helmet

I also found it went a long way to help cut down the head buffeting you often get at speed with ADV bikes, it was money well spent :thumb:

Even though I have a large screen thats like a barn door I get too much buffeting on the top of my helmet

Exactly, I used to start feeling it on the Tenere at about 65-70mph, on a long journey I'd get of the bike and feel like I needed a neck brace! With a bit of tweaking, I found the flip up screen was one of the best mods I ever did.

Exactly, I used to start feeling it on the Tenere at about 65-70mph, on a long journey I'd get of the bike and feel like I needed a neck brace! With a bit of tweaking, I found the flip up screen was one of the best mods I ever did.

I never get that feeling but what we do get is like a drumming/droning sound on the top of our lids which give me and the wife headache! either that or its the intercom :lol: this is at speeds of just over 60!

• 3 weeks later...

Inspired by this post and my ever running challenge to buy cheap but good for my bikes I spent £22.90

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WDPMTV1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_dI24Eb3QH2DY6

It arrived safely as shown with assembly instructions, that will where clearly written in Chinese.

1292988342_2020_06_1208_47OfficeLens.thumb.jpg.a9ad0512218ffb52af5f4a19f185632a.jpg

In fairness a little fiddling around and it went together no issues, it seems fairly robust.

IMG_20200612_121118_7.thumb.jpg.0900d04a8c28cb82f674db941d14bc82.jpg

I had planing a little ride before the rain to set it up.

Oh well maybe tomorrow and I cannot blame the Chinese for the weather.IMG_20200612_122610_8.thumb.jpg.5cd5d17df490f7a7670cf1fb59d498da.jpg

Inspired by this post and my ever running challenge to buy cheap but good for my bikes I spent £22.90

Mine was a little more as I got the larger :thumb: