What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

strewth that fish looks heavy Ian mind you didnt give yourself a bad back :?

Lol My back is rubbish anyway lol.

The fish was 47lb 10oz and is my personal best in the UK blow me down SWMBO then went and had a 48lb 14 oz the next day ! Fookin wimmin meddling in mensports !

Cheers

Ian

With the back wheel out got the rear suspension linkage out, cleaned and regreased. All the rear bolts inc the disc bolts inspected for replate.

100_5018.thumb.JPG.b0b1fcd2345e59b9af62de571626a913.JPG100_5026.thumb.JPG.ce1515f7411ab2698305b7d3bb2a04d0.JPG100_5033.thumb.JPG.0875ebfbae6bcdb21501a858fd34ff1d.JPG

Up on the 6047, out to Lincolnshire where I got pissed off with their average speed cameras, down to Rutland and around a bit, then back home via the B664. Totally excellent fun.

Fitted the tail tidy I ordered in the week, makes the back of the bike look so much better:

9798E2CC-5A1A-42AB-A819-31B1058AC512.thumb.jpeg.7f3ff0f92e154abc9f2093d7b8e6f6e9.jpeg

Ordered a slightly smaller plate which hasn’t arrived yet but will make it look better still.

Went on a brief ride but it was quite busy out, did manage to take out quite a few flies though:

9798E2CC-5A1A-42AB-A819-31B1058AC512.thumb.jpeg.7f3ff0f92e154abc9f2093d7b8e6f6e9.jpeg

1E1F9FD0-B27F-415E-874C-8F14AC2C6D61.thumb.jpeg.2fe93544c17773901cc9606dd09f33b8.jpeg

Edited by The Hitcher

Rear suspension linkage re grease and replated bolts fitted. Will get the rear disc back on tomorrow and start on the front wheel while it is off awaiting tyres. Might, just might get the main stand off and replate those bolts, will search arround and see if i can find some 1p or 2p pieces to wedge into the spring otherwise it's a look on the copper washer box.

100_5039.thumb.JPG.69fbe110cd868661e9cbeb4498afcb29.JPG100_5040.thumb.JPG.0c324c879b530adabba5ef8015ffaff9.JPG

Guest Richzx6r

Rear suspension linkage re grease and replated bolts fitted. Will get the rear disc back on tomorrow and start on the front wheel while it is off awaiting tyres. Might, just might get the main stand off and replate those bolts, will search arround and see if i can find some 1p or 2p pieces to wedge into the spring otherwise it's a look on the copper washer box.

100_5039.JPG100_5040.JPG

What is your plating setup I'd like to have a go at it

100_5039.JPG100_5040.JPG

What is your plating setup I'd like to have a go at it

Yes I am with [mention]Richzx6r[/mention] on this and would love to learn more about home plating !

(the metallic kind lol).

Cheers

Ian

Ordered a slightly smaller plate which hasn’t arrived yet but will make it look better still.

Noticed you live in Surrey, be careful with regards to a smaller plate, Surrey Traffic Police have been going all out on plates and bikers in general the past two weeks:

Yep have moved on from the home made stuff to proprietary chemicals and getting good consistent results, learned a lot with thehome stuff, got my techniques honed and if i take my time and stick to the routine it work well every time. will start a new thread on what i do and my setup

Thanks

Rob

Guest Richzx6r

Yep have moved on from the home made stuff to proprietary chemicals and getting good consistent results, learned a lot with thehome stuff, got my techniques honed and if i take my time and stick to the routine it work well every time. will start a new thread on what i do and my setup

Thanks

Rob

That would be good cheers rob

Having won £30 on the Lottery, what better thing to spend it on than ... Petrol ! And what a glorious evening it was . A quick blast down the A46 , Hampton in Arden , Redditch , Bromsgrove , M5 to Upton on Severn , Up through the gap in the Malverns , down to Eastnor Castle , Tewkesbury , Stow on the Wold , Moreton in Marsh , Fosse Way to Offchurch and home for supper . Marvelous .

Screenshot_20200524-202931.thumb.png.0385e6be0e84dfe9c6591f6e0218f50c.png

IMG_20200524_181234067_HDR.thumb.jpg.c3815ab756265b2777e50ad3fdd5cbeb.jpg

Having won £30 on the Lottery, what better thing to spend it on than ... Petrol ! And what a glorious evening it was . A quick blast down the A46 , Hampton in Arden , Redditch , Bromsgrove , M5 to Upton on Severn , Up through the gap in the Malverns , down to Eastnor Castle , Tewkesbury , Stow on the Wold , Moreton in Marsh , Fosse Way to Offchurch and home for supper . Marvelous .

You should be doing ride reports in this section [mention]fastbob[/mention]

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=23 :lol: :lol:

Noticed you live in Surrey, be careful with regards to a smaller plate, Surrey Traffic Police have been going all out on plates and bikers in general the past two weeks:

Thanks for the heads up!, it shouldn’t be a huge issue, while it’s a smaller one it’s not taking the piss, just a bit smaller than standard.

Soaking wet kitchen roll all over the front of it......leave for 5 minutes.....then wipe over!

Rest of the bike was perfect......but the front was like somebody had vomited their pizza all over it!

vom4giphy.gif.f3f84951227935d73c50ad7aedb223b5.gif

Thanks for the heads up!, it shouldn’t be a huge issue, while it’s a smaller one it’s not taking the piss, just a bit smaller than standard.

No worries! Went out for a ride earlier, 2 bike patrols on the A24 southbound after Dorking and 2 more near Box Hill.

Didn't see any in West Sussex :?

First I washed the car, park it at the end of the drive and washed bike :)

Then started the engine, noticed the fuel was 3 bars.

So....

:)

I "HAD" to go for petrol.

Got the gear, turn the bike around (facing the road) and I went for petrol.

I really like the 97 Oct petrol from Sainsbury, so I went from home to Cardenden, Kirkcaldy, petrol station, Glenrothes and home again.

Just a wee 15 miles "fundamental" fuel trip ;)

:thumb: