My new Garden Burner

Tiggie

Yes I know it looks fugly and needs a good clean!! :oops: I plan to give it a good clean and scrape and whack a few cans of hi-temp spray on it at some point.

It was made by my Wifes dad years ago, since he died its been sat in the corner of the garden rusting away. I asked her mum if I could take it and she said please take it now!! :lol:

IMG_20200526_122503.jpg.99df966f2967bcb5bd1bde9cf1580db2.jpg

Its a bloody heavy thing!! It looks like he made it from an old 47kg gas bottle. The bit with the handle used to open and shut but is rusted solid at moment. I'm actually amazed the Wife is happy for it to go in the garden :lol:

Its a bloody heavy thing!! It looks like he made it from an old 47kg gas bottle. The bit with the handle used to open and shut but is rusted solid at moment. I'm actually amazed the Wife is happy for it to go in the garden :lol:

She knows how to get rid of you for a while.

She knows how to get rid of you for a while.

[mention]Mississippi Bullfrog[/mention] His Mrs could probably get rid of him permanently and leave little or no evidence if that thing runs as well as I suspect it can.

Cheers

Ian

I do worry sometimes about the amount of insurance thats been taken out on me :lol:

loss of life & limb, critical illness etc, she has me covered for every eventuality :shock:

Picked up these as well while I was there. Felt like a kid at Christmas :lol:

IMG_20200526_121517.jpg.7924c315f4dce9811d81544c9fd99a48.jpg

IMG_20200526_121509.jpg.5528a0b7bb17536b9604d70d77c0e40f.jpg

This was mixed in with the screws, Snap-on!! bet the poor sod was looking all over for it at one point :mrgreen: (not a 10mm sadly, that would of been too perfect!)

IMG_20200526_122905.jpg.3a24325565fb7cd4bd7543adec15e2fa.jpg

I'm actually amazed the Wife is happy for it to go in the garden

Sentimental! it was her dads :wink:

just have a right good burn or two in that and most of the rust will fall off just get it red hot

You do know that when you get cleaned up and working, she will have the perfect way of disposing of your body :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm actually amazed the Wife is happy for it to go in the garden

Sentimental! it was her dads :wink:

just have a right good burn or two in that and most of the rust will fall off just get it red hot

I'm planning that tonight!!

I agree with you about the sentimental part, its why I've taken so much from his shed myself. Its nice to use some tools that used to be his and no-one else in the family would know what half the stuff in there was for anyway!

We were all pottering around in his shed just after he died, sorting stuff into piles etc when I was handed a strange looking thing. I had a look and realised it was a stand to turn an angle grinder into a chop saw for cutting steel pipes. Told them what it was and the reply I got was "I dont even know what an angle grinder is, let alone a stand for one" :lol:

You do know that when you get cleaned up and working, she will have the perfect way of disposing of your body :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL you didn't read my reply to [mention]Mississippi Bullfrog[/mention] did you ?

Cheers

Ian

Guest Richzx6r

That looks brilliant tiggie, hopefully it won't take too much to clean it up and get everything working......fyi I have plenty of wood to burn just been to get a load and it was 3 full car loads of it :thumb:

Guest Richzx6r

@Richzx6r

Guess what my house overlooks? :twisted:

IMG_20200526_160506.jpg

Lol so when you cutting down the 40ft tree then?

Guest Richzx6r

Would merrydown or whitel lightning be more to your suiting? :mrgreen:

Nah a nice scrumpy or some dark fruits :thumb:

Though I do like merrydown