FIRST BIKE

kylemcadamm

Hi guy, so I’ve been meaning to get my first bike all year but I keep changing my mind on which to get, this hot weather has got me wanting one even more and I plan to get one as soon as dealerships open back up. I can only ride A2 bikes but the bikes I’ve been looking at are KTM 390 DUKE/RC 390, YAMAHA MT-03/R3 and the KAWASAKI Z400/NINJA 400... I’m also undecided on whether to get a naked bike or super sports.

I guess my question is what do you guys think about these bikes? Have you rode any of them? Do you recommend them? Or would you recommend something else all together.

I‘ll mostly be commuting to work with it, maybe the occasional motorway ride but also hope to get out on bike rides if I can find some people to ride with.

Thanks for the help guys!

I’d like to be relatively comfy, it’s only 10 minutes to work, but then the occasional weekend ride too, but it’ll only be for a couple years until I can get my full bike licence, and I’m based in Cambridgeshire.

Get the Duke 390, they are an absolute hoot to ride, I've got one and on it all summer, sod the car even for shopping 😂. But don't take my word for it, it's MCN's bike of the year 2017, also look up the Facebook groups dedicated to it (duke 390 US in particular) 👍🤪

Hi and welcome, I've never owned one but have ridden a KTM390, I must admit I do like ADV bikes, this didn't disappoint, it was quicker than I expected, well made and relatively comfortable, I reckon that this would be a good all rounder, great for commuting but also a bike you could throw some luggage on for a weekend away, it seemed very forgiving and therefore would be an ideal first bike....As a bonus, if you ever wanted, you could do a few mods and hit the adventure trail.....I agree with Rennie though, what's suits one person won't suit another, get around the shops, sit on them and test ride them, you'll soon find one that suits you :thumb: