Gopro hero 7 vs 8 BLACK

Has anyone bought either of these cameras and have any feedback? They're both down on discount with the 8 being only 40 quid more expensive so I'm not sure which one to purchase. Currently using the Akasaso V50 but it doesnt support super-wide view so im looking to upgrade :tumble:

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 7, I use it mainly when paragliding, 4k mode is amazing, super easy to use and set up, as discomfort said, 60fps is also what I have mine set on and its works well, I also used it when diving on holiday and clipped onto my off road bike. So far no complaints, I can't compare it to the 8 as I've never even looked at them, but the 8 would have to be offering some pretty substantial improvements for me to consider upgrading :thumb:

I have a 7, I use it mainly when paragliding, 4k mode is amazing, super easy to use and set up, as discomfort said, 60fps is also what I have mine set on and its works well, I also used it when diving on holiday and clipped onto my off road bike. So far no complaints, I can't compare it to the 8 as I've never even looked at them, but the 8 would have to be offering some pretty substantial improvements for me to consider upgrading :thumb:

Thanks for the reply mate, got a couple questions.

- How long does the battery last running 4k 60fps?

- would you reckon a 64gb microsd is enough for 4k60fps footage?

Cheers

Thanks for the reply mate, got a couple questions.

- How long does the battery last running 4k 60fps?

- would you reckon a 64gb microsd is enough for 4k60fps footage?

Cheers

Hi Mate, at 4k 60fps the battery doesn't last much longer than 40 odd minutes, 45 at a push, as for memory card size, 64gb at 4k won't hold that much, I used the 64gb originally when I bought the camera and wasn't impressed. However, it depends on what you want to record, I use a 128gb card (sandisk extreme) and that fits my needs perfectly but I believe the camera will also support 265gb, never looked at that though :thumb: