Andy Neo

Hello to all.

I hope that all are well during these strange times.

I love bikes but no longer ride, due to losing my little brother on one almost 15 years ago, hit-and-run, although I do long to get back on one, but that's a story for another time. Reason I joined is that since my brothers passing I have kept the bike in dry storage, plan was to fix it back up and put it in a glass box on show, never should she go back on the road I feel. Well that was a bitter sweet dream for me and I've since realised that that is never going to happen. I must now remove her from storage so, I thought best to sell on for parts perhaps, and donate what is raised to a worthy charity. Bike related.

The bike in question is a Honda VFR400R F reg with just over 27000Km on the clock.

I would prefer to sell complete and to someone who actually needs the donor parts rather than a dealer, as this way I known she will be put to good use on the road or track not just to make money.

Not sure if this should be posted in the for sale section...any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Andy. Sorry for your loss. If it was running when it was put in storage you could probably get it going again with some fresh fuel and a new battery. If it doesn't start you could take the carbs out and give them a clean or give them to a mechanic to be cleaned. Shouldn't take much to get her going. It would be worth a lot more as a runner

Thanks guys.

Well I've put the battery on to see if it will charge, fingers crossed but after sitting for so long...

WD-40, I totally agree it would be worth more but I also want to hear her purr again too. Be good to hear that sound and let it take me back.

Just not sure if this should be posted in the for sale section and what price to put ???

Thats really sad mate and sorry for your loss.....welcome to the forum, post some photos of the bike, some really helpful and knowledgeable people here who'll help and give advice if they can