VFR400R

Andy Neo

Hello all, I'm new here so be gentle. Long story short I have a Honda VFR400R which is accident damaged and resulted in the riders' fatality.

Now some people have told me that the bike should be crushed, which is on par with my general views too, others have to me to strip and sell for parts or sell complete to be used as a donor bike. I've also been told to fix her up and ride, but for personal reasons I don't feel I'll have the inner strength to do.

So just curious on general opinions as the rider (RIP) saw the bike as his baby, had a lot of love which I, and I imagine many folk will truly understand, so part of me wants the bike to live on. What do you all reckon?

On another note...how much do you think it will cost to put her right again? doesn't show in the pics but front wheel is damaged too.

Thanks in advance

P5280774.thumb.JPG.63e6566ecf36f1a85244ed6c309e0666.JPG

P5280776.thumb.JPG.b03847b215c2675f6ebb07751a4e0a04.JPG

P5280779.thumb.JPG.616871b3f6962b88d8afec2495dbb265.JPG

P5280790.thumb.JPG.fd6e7dff6d8b119138fb280bd68fce81.JPG

P5280786.thumb.JPG.0c373d07e5e6ec7a60b32f77211ed015.JPG

It would seem a shame to have it crushed especially as the previous owner loved it by your own admission so I doubt that would be his/her wish for his/her pride and joy.

Given the circumstances get it away from the friends and family and if possible get a fair price for it (which I am unsure of and we live in very strange times).

[mention]gymwitch[/mention] might be looking at this very carefully if you do decide to break it and I think that swing arm might be of interest to a lot of special builders.

Sorry to be vague but I am sure someone will be along with more advice soon.

Cheers

Ian

Im with Ian it seems a shame to scrap it parts are getting harder to find for bikes like that to keep them on the road. I would either break it or sell it as is and if it makes you feel uneasy why not donate the money made to a charity to help others.

Thanks for your input guys I really appreciate it. And yes, the plan is to donate all monies raised to a bike charity so the more the better.

I do believe I'll raise more by splitting her into parts but as I can't bring myself to do this personally. Just so you are aware I've ridden the bike too, as it was my younger brothers bike. Great memories :D :cheers: I have also kept it out of sight from other family and friends too.

I'm leaning towards letting her go as is, so to be used as a donor. Only just over 27km on the clock too

I've been offered £500. by a NC30 enthusiast so...parts of her will live on.

However, I've no idea if this is a good price or not. ????

[mention]Ian Frog[/mention] will i be able to use any of it on a cbr400?? I did look at it but not sure what would be of use?

Just looking now and it seems the two share lots of parts 🤔

Ahh lovely Nc30. I have one of those, not sure what to suggest though, apart from not scrapping it. I don't know what it's worth, best not to when you doing your best to rag it round cadwell.

Engines are on ebay for upwards of £500...