Your most used tool (don't be filthy!)

Tiggie

Until i get my bike my most used tool is my leatherman but when i eventually get my bike it will probably be the socket set ive nicked off the hubster but he doesnt know so sshhhhh.

Having a lesson on a grown up bike on monday !!! Ready for when i get my bike. Did i mention im waiting to get my bike?!?!?

I bought a Leatherman Surge last year. If my Wife ever finds out how much it cost I'll be in deep shit :shock: :lol:

surge-fanned_720x.jpg

Arent they fab 🥰 hubs broke a bit off the very tip of one of the screwdriver heads. He sent it in for a general service and a new screwdriver bit, they sent him a free brand new one back 😳

Until i get my bike my most used tool is my leatherman but when i eventually get my bike it will probably be the socket set ive nicked off the hubster but he doesnt know so sshhhhh.

Having a lesson on a grown up bike on monday !!! Ready for when i get my bike. Did i mention im waiting to get my bike?!?!?

Are you getting a "big girls bike" [mention]gymwitch[/mention] lol.

For a very little money a JIS screwdriver can be bought from Amazon or the bay and I would strongly recommend you get one as using phillips or pozidrive will cost you fastenings and cause growling lol.

Cheers

Ian

That is a very good recommendation [mention]Ian Frog[/mention] and its something I need to pick up as I haven't got any :crybaby:

Here's an article explaining differences between phillips/pozi and jis if anyones bored :D

https://www.motorcycle.com/ask-mo-anything/difference-between-japanese-jis-phillips.html

That is a very good recommendation [mention]Ian Frog[/mention] and its something I need to pick up as I haven't got any :crybaby:

Here's an article explaining differences between phillips/pozi and jis if anyones bored :D

https://www.motorcycle.com/ask-mo-anything/difference-between-japanese-jis-phillips.html

Are you getting a "big girls bike" @gymwitch lol.

For a very little money a JIS screwdriver can be bought from Amazon or the bay and I would strongly recommend you get one as using phillips or pozidrive will cost you fastenings and cause growling lol.

Cheers

Ian

Here's a top tip. If you've got the factory tool kit that comes with the bike there's a JIS screwdriver in there :wink:

Are you getting a "big girls bike" @gymwitch lol.

Cheers

Ian

Here's a top tip. If you've got the factory tool kit that comes with the bike there's a JIS screwdriver in there :wink:

Very true [mention]WD-40[/mention] however the handles are sometimes rubbish as they often house a reversable screwdriver and lack the strength of a solid Tbar driver with interchangeable bits.

If anyone is bothered I can photograph the one I mean as it was very cheap and so very useful

Cheers

Ian

I've heard these Vessel JIS screwdrivers are very good quality and reasonably priced. They're also impact drivers which is a bonus

https://ruggedroads.co.uk/JIS-Screwdriver-Vessel-Megadora-IMPACTA-P3-x-150

I have these screwdrivers and they are really good

Although one of them is getting a little worn now! but its served me well and being well used

I just bought a cheap £20 mask from eBay.It'll do me for the amount of welding I do.

Ive been making do with one of these for the last year or so :shock: Feels so good to have both hands free :lol:

51KEfF87YlL._SX425_.jpg.2f22fac32e93dfbd69429c91d1fc2f53.jpg

I just bought a cheap £20 mask from eBay.It'll do me for the amount of welding I do.

Ive been making do with one of these for the last year or so :shock: Feels so good to have both hands free :lol:

51KEfF87YlL._SX425_.jpg

No no no nono no just no, did I say no.

Guest Richzx6r

51KEfF87YlL._SX425_.jpg

It definitely sounds like you said yes I'm a big fan of them handheld masks :thumb:

£75 :shock: for a set of screwdrivers.....more money than sense

You are getting 9 quality screwdrivers for that price. No more chewed up screws and they should last a lifetime for an average diy home mechanic. It's a one off investment that what you have to tell yourself :?

[mention]Bender[/mention] Yes I didnt word it that clearly :oops:

I can't stand those ones with the handle!!!!

Edited by Tiggie

£75 :shock: for a set of screwdrivers.....more money than sense

You are getting 9 quality screwdrivers for that price. No more chewed up screws and they should last a lifetime for an average diy home mechanic. It's a one off investment that what you have to tell yourself :?

Also when you do get chewed screws from people trying in the past these make light work of removing them too

51KEfF87YlL._SX425_.jpg

It definitely sounds like you said yes I'm a big fan of them handheld masks :thumb:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/233488152934?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=233488152934&targetid=933543334754&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=1006948&poi=&campaignid=9446018368&mkgroupid=102653677624&rlsatarget=pla-933543334754&abcId=1140496&merchantid=115732202&gclid=CjwKCAjw5cL2BRASEiwAENqAPvnFr4rax3N33lXdbrrW9TfM4Lf8J-32mAUogM-SKRAaMiif-Jyt0BoCpokQAvD_BwE