Check your armour..

Just a thought once in a whilst check your armour. I guess I have had these trousers 4 years.

My knee armour felt intact, and robust the other day i noticed some black bits on the carpet.

Today my right knee armour felt lumpy, the photo shows both knee pads, left knee still felt ok 🤨🤔🥺

IMG_20200529_194142_1.thumb.jpg.6d115c6642e6311773a02472d3a3e1ed.jpg

I should add no I don't know brand, age, they have probably been hot, cold, wet, dry and frozen.

They have not been through washing machine.

I will admit Tthey where ok last time I washed the jeans, no I don't know when that was.

Just changed a lot of my armour for this D30 Ghost stuff. It's really good - super flexible, light weight and thin. Supposed to be the bee's knees. Certainly it's more comfortable to wear.

I had a pair of boots that crumbled like that around the heel. Happened while they were in the understairs cupboard for probably a year or so. Horrible sticky tar like substance that got everywhere before I realised what was happening :roll:

Guest Richzx6r

Just changed a lot of my armour for this D30 Ghost stuff. It's really good - super flexible, light weight and thin. Supposed to be the bee's knees. Certainly it's more comfortable to wear.

Well bees knees aren't going to do much....sounds like you been scrimping on safety :roll:

Well bees knees aren't going to do much....sounds like you been scrimping on safety :roll:

Scrimping no, tis bloody expensive but doesn't make you feel like you are Ned Kelly.

It could well be fake. The CE looks quite close together in your picture. According to that article the genuine CE marking should be spaced apart with the E starting in the mirror image of the C

Real-CE-mark-vs-Fake-CE-mark.jpg

Thanks that is useful input, worth remembering.

Having had this experience no matter which brand is in place (I have several brands spread between various items) I will give it a quick visual once a whilst.

• 3 months later...