What you doing this weekend?

rennie

There is a field in walking distance full of cows so plenty of manure for the binding :D

I have actually made the flour paste before to do a quick patch of some wallpaper that my cat had used as a scratching post. was only an approx 3ft section but it worked!! This was back in the day when the only transport I had was the Wifes car and she was at work so I had to get creative on my days off sometimes :lol:

Bonus of using manure you are guaranteed a shit job :lol: :thumb:

In fact the woman at Screwfix actually laughed at me :shock:

That's not very nice! Are you sure it was about the plaster though. :lol:

I had a couple of bags left over from a job a year or so ago. I'm glad I made up a small test batch before doing a whole bag as it went solid in a couple of minutes. I ended up chucking it in the footings of a new garden path I was building.

In other news, I have to get my extra long ladder out today to hopefully find and replace a ridge tile that has disappeared from the roof plus probably a couple of other jobs while I'm up there...

This afternoon will be testing the newly fitted screen to see if holds up and test out the sat nav, it's an old one but still works fine and has a socket for headphones so will trying out some earphones that i have with it, just have to remember to unplug them before i get off the bike :lol: :thumb:

Plastering 😔

Where did you get the plaster? Everywhere within 20 miles of me has been out of it for months!

Local wickes, 8 plaster board couple bags base plaster, top coat, adhesive, jointing filler, easy fill, they appear to be well stocked only thing I couldn't get was garden tap for in-laws, I would have much preferred they were out of plaster and had tap 😂

Took an age to get in though as tills were down, was there at 6.50am I got last trolly, would have been bloody annoyed if I had to wait for one, there were folk at till with big trollies and a couple of little things in top basket stupid twats. It's because man on door was directing everyone to trollies so they were taking them regardless.

Blood doning today, they have introduced a host of new precautions, the worst of which is not having a hot drink so you don’t hang around for too long afterwards - the only reason I go is for a cuppa tea & a mint penguin ( or 2 😉)

Tested the screen and it works really well, i usually have a bit of buffeting but had none at all with the screen the sat nav held up well but will need to adjust the volume a bit louder as it was a little low and got drowned out a little by the wind noise, had a slight hiccup though when i got back home took my helmet off and i thought the earphones were around my neck, they must have dropped off while i was unloading and accidently stood on them, never mind though will pick up some more on Monday when i go shopping :lol: :thumb:

Rode to The Trent Port Hotel at Gainsborough so i gave everything a good old test :thumb:

P1020677.thumb.JPG.e136c4b3544aae28971de94733d822d7.JPG

You can see why so many spaghetti westerns were filmed in Spain as some of those pics don't look so very different from parts of Nevada and Arizona. Semi desert scrub.

And New Mexico apparently!

I'm sulking... Big time...

Pentecost weekend is the one weekend I'm really looking forward to.

I'd normally go to a musical biker camping weekend in south Germany.

Local bands and singer/songwriters are playing every night of the weekend, as well as visiting bikers who bring their instruments along.

And I'm one of them, being a 'regular' in the line up for the last 9 years.

This would have been the 10-th...

Now there have been no rallies and meetings this spring so far, but I don't mind...

But this weekend... It hurts...

German government decided to loosen Corona restrictions starting June 1-st...

Larger groups are allowed now and campings will open up as of tomorrow.

But the news that this was 'probably' going to happen came too late.

So the organizers had to skip this event altogether...

So, I'm sulking... Big time... :evil:

Previous meetings...

O-t-1.jpg.aa5f19e950ff9e8fe6c144d076b2a6ae.jpg

O-t-2.thumb.jpg.3bef19878949138201c4f89cad1ff929.jpg

O-t-3.jpg.dc3a7f58576fe27e0a3e723d64bc826c.jpg

Our sailing club reopened, no racing but we're allowed to lark about upsetting motor boaters to our hearts content. So I took my Laser out to see what mayhem and mischief I could create. Sorry about the shorts, they are an offensive weapon to distract lady sailors on awkward marks.

Laser1.thumb.jpg.5928fe759111875bc32ae70c975aa773.jpg

816116335_Laser2.thumb.jpg.ddec85bb05d0685596bf55322ffc6517.jpg

Please tell me it's not you in the red and white shorts! Surely they should be banned as an offence against nature!

Guilty as charged. They are actually a fetching red and light blue. I find it pays to distract the competition at key points in the race.

Guest Richzx6r

Please tell me it's not you in the red and white shorts! Surely they should be banned as an offence against nature!

Guilty as charged. They are actually a fetching red and light blue. I find it pays to distract the competition at key points in the race.

Though why are you checking out the arse of the other boater? :scratch:

And why are you checking on men who are checking out other men's arses ? :scratch:

(Unless you are the other boater of course...). :roll:

I'm sulking... Big time...

Pentecost weekend is the one weekend I'm really looking forward to.

I'd normally go to a musical biker camping weekend in south Germany....

Thank you for your sympathy, but there is more... :shock:

Now I hate to be dramatic (really ? :lol: ), but what makes it worse is the fact that every year, in Whitsun or Pentecost weekend, there is a huge musical event in my home town center.

It is called: "Jazz in Duketown". Starting on friday it lasts 4 days and 4 nights.

There are several stages, some small, but some really big (on the 2 squares in the town) where, in an international line up, bands are playing.

It used to be a real 'jazz only' festival, but since interest in jazz music has been declining now for many years, all kinds of music are played by all kinds of bands and performers.

Now since I was going to my musical biker meeting in Germany these last 9 years, I always missed this event in town.

But that was choice, and though I regretted not being here, I could live with the situation.

The only time I would ever be able to enjoy Jazz in Duketown would be if, for some reason, I would not be able to go to Germany.

So this year there was 'some reason' called Corona.

But guess what... :?

Big fat double sulk !!! :evil: :twisted:

But I'm OK now... :(

It's all in the past... :?

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

You might notice there is a large white item between me and the other chap. It is called sail. I cannot see through the sail. I was actually only able to see the wake of his hull which enabled me to avoid a collision.

This is why a boat on the starboard tack has right of way. Historically the rudder on a ship was mounted on the right hand side of the hull, like a big paddle. This was the steerboard, or starboard as it became known. The helmsman could see to his right but not to his left. So a vessel on the starboard tack has right of way as the helm cannot see to the other side of the sail.

Because the rudder or steerboard was mounted on the right hand side of the ship it always had to enter a dock with the left hand side of the ship to the quay. That was originally known as the larboard side, easily confused with starboard of course, so it became known as port - ie the side of the ship that made contact when in port.