What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

gotcha :thumb:

So much better than what I used to do which was use my phone as sat nav in my inside pocket via headphones, so audio only :lol:

So not really any clue where I was going, just motoring along until I hear "turn left now" followed by me going past and having to u-turn, many many times :roll:

Been there done that!

Or when phones started being able to be used as a sat nav and they was too slow or shite GPS so couldn't keep up :lol:

Many U turns later I eventually got there :shock:

The GPS chips in phones were somewhat inadequate, however these days the GPS chips are more than good enough. I still use a dedicated bike GPS though and have my phone as a backup.

The GPS chips in phones were somewhat inadequate, however these days the GPS chips are more than good enough. I still use a dedicated bike GPS though and have my phone as a backup.

I used to use an external GPS receiver and even that was useless

It depends largely on how long ago this was, technology moves at an alarmingly fast rate of knots and GPS chips have improved greatly.

It depends largely on how long ago this was, technology moves at an alarmingly fast rate of knots and GPS chips have improved greatly.

It was a while ago! before I had my tomtom which I had for 8 or 9 years and I have bought a zumo since then and had this 3-4 years :lol:

It was a while ago! before I had my tomtom which I had for 8 or 9 years and I have bought a zumo since then and had this 3-4 years :lol:

I think GPS technology has improved, here's a screenshot of my dogs tracker recording some recall training :thumb:

20200529_153142.thumb.jpg.04430dd889bf6b6dfc3c266d1fd68d6f.jpg

Had a good trundle over to Stockton today on the GS 125 and got 4 new NTN 6204 2RS C3 wheel bearings for the Bandit. Can now replace the fronts while I am at it, after all they have done 59000 miles.

510496573_11-bearingpacket.thumb.JPG.29639775823a82d761f8d3beb218aeac.JPG

On the Bandit the wheel bearings have to fitted in a certain order, Rear has the disc side fitted first

1843566182_07-Backbearingsfittingrightdiscsidegoesfirst.thumb.JPG.649d8731d0d3cdc580f5d3d06e2cb6d4.JPG

then the spacer and finally the drive side as there is a clearance between that bearing and the bottom of the bearing hole.

908334659_08-BackbearingsfittingSpacerleftsidebearingtofit-spacerfitsproudsoleftbearingisfittedlast.thumb.JPG.99ee9965fcbefc064a08be5cf2a159d8.JPG

The spacer stands proud and stops the bearing short of the bottom of it hole.

With the front wheel the left side ( speedo drive on MK1 ) is fitted first then the spacer as the clearance is on the right side.

To double check i first measured the depth of the right side bearing before removal. 3.9mm

47657753_01-frontbearingsleftsiderecessmeasurement.thumb.JPG.954c60b1cc3eae53f5c661d7c598baf3.JPG

The rightside is flush

1680815007_02-frontbearingsrightsideflush.thumb.JPG.2eeea9ecdd478813d18c2bf450601812.JPG

To remove the old bearings I use my old torque bar, it has a great flat end to rest on the inner race. The garden chair is a perfect size to support the wheels without damage.

108465036_03-frontbearingsleftsideremovedfirstwithsolidbar.thumb.JPG.2852d67ff67aedac380b7b5a0428b470.JPG

With both bearings removed I left the wheel out in the sun to warm up and had a cuppa

411143455_04-frontwheelhubcleanedandleftinsuntowarmup.thumb.JPG.3da942e6c833534d690375b01b40ff1a.JPG

When the first bearing has been installed i use the wheel spindle to align the spacer and new bearing. Using the old one to start it off before using my drift on the outer race.

1304644283_05-frontbearingsrightsideleftfittedfirstonthefrontwheel-spacerinusingspindletokeepspaceraligned.thumb.JPG.82d27fa37a59ad81b78ee37625e9eebe.JPG

Finally checked the right side bearing depth

304511752_06-frontbearingsleftsiderecessmeasurementafternewbearing.thumb.JPG.61f4f0f5eeb589ca41ec99ba87ae925b.JPG

The old front ones are at the front of this pic and look a lot better than the old back ones.

2097054104_10-Oldbearingsfrontonesatfrontafter59000miles.thumb.JPG.92626ca7fdb9bca1a2d8bd559527d923.JPG

Forgot to mention I checked the disc thickness 4.75 mm both front and 5.0 mm on the back, service limit for all is 4.5 mm. Phew!!

Roll on next week and new tyres.

1721832969_09-Backbearingsleftlocatedtodrivein.thumb.JPG.2078dfd0531728c64d9ff044737620ce.JPG

Had a good trundle over to Stockton today on the GS 125 and got 4 new NTN 6204 2RS C3 wheel bearings for the Bandit. Can now replace the fronts while I am at it, after all they have done 59000 miles.

11-bearing packet.JPG

On the Bandit the wheel bearings have to fitted in a certain order, Rear has the disc side fitted first

07-Back bearings fitting right disc side goes first.JPG

then the spacer and finally the drive side as there is a clearance between that bearing and the bottom of the bearing hole.

08-Back bearings fitting Spacer left side bearing to fit-spacer fits proud so left bearing is fitted last.JPG

The spacer stands proud and stops the bearing short of the bottom of it hole.

With the front wheel the left side ( speedo drive on MK1 ) is fitted first then the spacer as the clearance is on the right side.

To double check i first measured the depth of the right side bearing before removal. 3.9mm

01-front bearings left side recess measurement.JPG

The rightside is flush

02-front bearings right side flush.JPG

To remove the old bearings I use my old torque bar, it has a great flat end to rest on the inner race. The garden chair is a perfect size to support the wheels without damage.

03-front bearings left side removed first with solid bar.JPG

With both bearings removed I left the wheel out in the sun to warm up and had a cuppa

04-front wheel hub cleaned and left in sun to warm up.JPG

When the first bearing has been installed i use the wheel spindle to align the spacer and new bearing. Using the old one to start it off before using my drift on the outer race.

05-front bearings right side left fitted first on the front wheel - spacer in using spindle to keep spacer aligned.JPG

Finally checked the right side bearing depth

06-front bearings left side recess measurement after new bearing.JPG

The old front ones are at the front of this pic and look a lot better than the old back ones.

10-Old bearings front ones at front after 59000 miles.JPG

Forgot to mention I checked the disc thickness 4.75 mm both front and 5.0 mm on the back, service limit for all is 4.5 mm. Phew!!

Roll on next week and new tyres.

Nice work :thumb: That's the cleanest wheel I've seen.

Nice work :thumb: That's the cleanest wheel I've seen.

Cheers. Disc bolts replated, wheel original Mr Suzuki paint a few chips but still looks good and gets a good waxing regular.

Next door's Dad knocked on the door and asked to look at the XT. Made me an offer which I immediately rejected then stood chatting. Spoke about how he has a garage of 125s he turns over to delivery shops and is always looking for others. Removed the crap from the CBF and said - "here's one". Without firing it up or riding it, handed me the £600 I'd have sold it for online. For a 125 that'd been down the road twice, had no MOT, and despite a new handlebar still rode like a crab moving along a beach. Pretty decent start to a Saturday.

Next door's Dad knocked on the door and asked to look at the XT. Made me an offer which I immediately rejected then stood chatting. Spoke about how he has a garage of 125s he turns over to delivery shops and is always looking for others. Removed the crap from the CBF and said - "here's one". Without firing it up or riding it, handed me the £600 I'd have sold it for online. For a 125 that'd been down the road twice, had no MOT, and despite a new handlebar still rode like a crab moving along a beach. Pretty decent start to a Saturday.

Well done that man.

Ho`s and marching powder to get you through the last 3 days waiting lol.

Cheers

Ian

Ho`s and marching powder to get you through the last 3 days waiting lol.

Cheers

Ian

Last 3 days? You amateurs give us professional hedonists a bad name.

Washed about a zillion dead insects off it. Never seen it so crusty. Noticed my jacket was pretty bug spattered as well but it can wait. Then I sat down and had some ice-cream . ( Cheers SW 😁 )

Just why? Is there a gene that predisposes people to do amazingly stupid things?

Hmm...

We had a plumber in to do a bit of stuff yesterday. He predictably turned off the water. Lad gets up at half-past reasonable and announces that he's off out.

I caught him by the door and asked him where he was going with one of my precious toilet rolls.

"I'm going to the woods for a shit."

I had to get the wife to convince him that this was probably the most stupidest thing he'd planned on doing for at least 12hrs seeing as we have two other bathrooms and no one had used them.

Then, as I'm expressing my sheer disbelief, my wife and daughter said they honestly didn't see an issue with it.

So, yes, there is a gene - it's dominant - and my wife is a carrier.