Nob of the Day.......

Tango

I used horn twice today on way home :shock:I

One was a van that was all over the place in front of me, as he was on phone when I passed, presumably he was looking through phone or looking for phone.

2nd was tesla who was right up the rear of a vectra in outside lane, soon as they passed me he used warp speed to undertake, frightened the life out of a car that was just about to join from slip, pulled in front of car and then got stuck behind another car

Roads were unfortunately very bust today, busiest I have seen them so far this lockdown.

Edited by Bender

Guest Swagman

Totally forgot about this thread!

I could add @Six30 and @dynax to it everyday :D

Dont forget bikerdad

Don't worry I wont :mrgreen:

Are you sure as you totally forgot about this thread. :D

I used horn twice today on way home :shock:I

One was a van that was all over the place in front of me, as he was on phone when I passed presumably he was looking through phone or looking for phone.

2nd was tesla who was right up the rear of a vectra in outside lane, soon as they passed me he used warp speed to undertake, frightened the life out of a car that was just about to join from slip, pulled in front of car and then got stuck behind another car

Roads were unfortunately very bust today, busiest I have seen them so far this lockdown.

I really sympathise.

I haven`t commuted for a while but I agreed to cover a site in London.

So this morning on the A1 just before the Stevenage junction heading South just where you would normally start queuing I was following a small van in the outside lane at about 85 (KMH?) and while waiting for dickhead to pull into middle lane which was empty.

A black transit decided to pull out into my lane.

Now fair play he indicated but at the time I was level with his drivers door and with an open exhaust cant believe he didn't hear me ! lol he looked into the lane I was in and looked visibly shocked and pulled back in.

Fookin twat !!!! Hearing aid obviously flat battery and he should let the guide dog drive.

If I see him again I would be tempted to give him the free sparkplug over the shoulder present lol.

Cheers

Ian

• 1 month later...

It think, if we all chip in a bit and harness the collective power and abilities off [strikeout]all[/strikeout] most of our members, that we can develop an extra loud horn that shouts CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNT!

That’s the same as the exit to our village - Every. Single. Day.

Not one driver coming back in ever seems to realise how to turn right. When I’m in the car I just move across to the white line and pop the handbrake on so they have to negotiate their way passed me. Pinheads.

Not one driver coming back in ever seems to realise how to turn right. When I’m in the car I just move across to the white line and pop the handbrake on so they have to negotiate their way passed me. Pinheads.

Shit like this has been going on for years. No one gets taught to cut junctions like that. It's just the lazy incompetent morons that love to practice it.

Only way to stop that is to install a small island there right up to the give way lines. Looks like the junction is wide enough to accomodate one.

• 2 weeks later...

Not just of the day but in general at the moment! Since the lockdown there has been a massive uptake of cyclists, I'm pretty sure halfords must of sold out by now :lol:

Anyway, I'm sick of seeing them all riding on the paths rather than the road, nearly got hit by them a few times when I ventured into town for some milk. Outside my house annoys me even more as we have a dedicated cycle path going all the way up the hill but no, for some reason they feel the need to stay on the path :roll:

I'm not talking about kids either as that doesn't bother me, full grown adults bombing up and down the pavement instead of the road really does though.

Shit like this has been going on for years. No one gets taught to cut junctions like that. It's just the lazy incompetent morons that love to practice it.

Only way to stop that is to install a small island there right up to the give way lines. Looks like the junction is wide enough to accomodate one.

Yes that's a good point :thumb: Get on to your Council [mention]Mississippi Bullfrog[/mention] if you hadn't anticipated it the car would have taken you out. That junction needs a bollard.

I've had eejits try to cut the corner & frown at ME because I've obviously inconvenienced them by being in the way. :evil:

Guest Richzx6r

Yes that's a good point :thumb: Get on to your Council @Mississippi Bullfrog if you hadn't anticipated it the car would have taken you out. That junction needs a bollard.

I've had eejits try to cut the corner & frown at ME because I've obviously inconvenienced them by being in the way. :evil:

They would probably just wrong side the bollards if they are that way inclined

Guest Richzx6r

Me :crybaby:

Knocked the pan with my arm by mistake when changing oil in car :bang:

IMG_20200601_152742.jpg

And all the hard work you put in to that the other week cleaning the paving :roll:

[mention]Richzx6r[/mention]

First thought that went through my head!! Doesn't look too bad now, I soaked it in wd40 and got the pressure washer on it. It's where the wife usually parks so she shouldn't notice it for a bit :lol:

Against my better judgement I allowed my wife to persuade me to go on a bicycle ride from where we live to Nailsworth and back. On a less used trail (which when I got to the bottom was closed to cyclists but no mention at the top where I entered it) I encountered some kind of anti-tank ditch into which my front wheel plunged and then stopped. At this point the law of physics took over and passersby were treated to the sight of a large red faced man hurtling through the air swearing horribly. At least until I hit the ground. My wife was totally lacking in sympathy and said I was going too fast. Dusted myself off, wiped down the blood and continued on our jolly. Now home and covered in scabs and bruises. Wife says she had a great time and we must do it again soon.😲

I agreed which definitely makes me nob of the day.

Against my better judgement I allowed my wife to persuade me to go on a bicycle ride from where we live to Nailsworth and back. On a less used trail (which when I got to the bottom was closed to cyclists but no mention at the top where I entered it) I encountered some kind of anti-tank ditch into which my front wheel plunged and then stopped. At this point the law of physics took over and passersby were treated to the sight of a large red faced man hurtling through the air swearing horribly. At least until I hit the ground. My wife was totally lacking in sympathy and said I was going too fast. Dusted myself off, wiped down the blood and continued on our jolly. Now home and covered in scabs and bruises. Wife says she had a great time and we must do it again soon.😲

I agreed which definitely makes me nob of the day.

You gained the title as soon as you got on a bike without a motor!

Cheers

Ian

Possibly especially as it's almost 3 years since I was last on a leg powered bike. Kept looking for the mirrors and the brakes were crap. Still I enjoy the exercise except when people dig bear traps.

Possibly especially as it's almost 3 years since I was last on a leg powered bike. Kept looking for the mirrors and the brakes were crap. Still I enjoy the exercise except when people dig bear traps.

Have you considered that nutters bellows drive?

Round my way cyclists are genuinely becoming a hazard I promise you on the country roads of North Bedfordshire there will be a death soon !

I don't want it to happen but hopefully it will send a message to the other twats who insist on riding 2 abreast on narrow country roads.

I have seen close up what happens when a motor vehicle interacts intimately with a soft hooman at road legal speeds and I promise you it aint nice.

Cheers

Ian

Cheers

Ian