What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Found a gift card and was still valid so i bought a dash cam :lol: , on the way back from halfords i lost my gears except for 1st, pulled in and discovered it was a loose bolt on the linkage quick nip up to get home and proper tighten at home and all is well got my gears back :thumb: might have a ride later to test the dash cam the one i got was a Nextbase 222 £55 but only had to put £15 towards it as the gift card had £40 on it, i love these little surprises :lol: :thumb:

I did my first filter 🥳😎💃

What sort? Air, oil, traffic or cigarette?

Cheers

Ian

Traffic 😬🤣 im so sad !!! Also rode a 500 on my lesson but couldnt do a u turn on it 😭 i did one perfect one then went to pieces. So disappointed.

Cheers

Ian

Traffic 😬🤣 im so sad !!! Also rode a 500 on my lesson but couldnt do a u turn on it 😭 i did one perfect one then went to pieces. So disappointed.

Hang in there girl it will get easier I promise.

By the way feet up U turns aren't always worth the bother there is no shame in putting your feet down rather than the bike.

I have been doing this for a long time like a lot on here and I will admit that sometimes I cant be arsed trying to do one.

Cheers

Ian

Just got back from Halfords again this time for some oil and a drainer, second service is overdue so will be on with that later, oil and filter change, new spark plug and valve clearances as well as any other bits that need checking and inspecting :thumb: :cheers:

Cheers

Ian

Same question I ask every struggling novice . Do you regularly ride a Bicycle ? Just curious .

Just got back from Halfords again this time for some oil and a drainer, second service is overdue so will be on with that later, oil and filter change, new spark plug and valve clearances as well as any other bits that need checking and inspecting :thumb: :cheers:

They sell washing up bowls in Poundland.

Postman's been . Here's my Energy One Extra Plate Clutch Kit that dispenses with the notorious Sportster Spring Plate or " Grenade Plate " as it has come to be known . Notice also my Spring Compression tool . Made in Wales and only a fraction dearer than a Chinese rip off but half the price of a Motion Pro one at £36 . So that's what I'm doing to my bike today .

IMG_20200602_134725246.thumb.jpg.d3f4a71dd74ef1e7493eab2ad104f7e1.jpg

Not going to queue for hours at Poundland, Halfords straight in and out there was over dozen queueing all for cycling only me there for motoring, getting to like this social distancing, i noticed J & S was busy as i went past it to go to Halfords :lol: :thumb:

Not going to queue for hours at Poundland, Halfords straight in and out there was over dozen queueing all for cycling only me there for motoring, getting to like this social distancing, i noticed J & S was busy as i went past it to go to Halfords :lol: :thumb:

That's the exact opposite to Coventry . Halfords is right across the carpark and interminably slow . Poundland I just walked straight in .

Great success ! Clutch is in , no glitches .

Please forgive me for this but that looks so primitive.

Reminded me of a 50`s Triumph primary drive case.

Cheers

Ian

Just got back from a short ride, service went well performance has improved cruising at 60 mph with plenty of throttle left even managed 70 mph when i could and still had more to give, just a shame the weather is turning crap again :lol: :thumb:

Cheers

Ian

Forgiven, that's exactly what it reminds me of too and that's exactly why I bought it . After decades of fiddling around with 16 valves , plastics and spark plugs buried deep within the engine , I need a rest .

[mention]fastbob[/mention] i do as a matter of fact but i know what you are saying. I watched a youtube video today (motojitsu) and he was explaining about shifting your weight and pushing down on the peg with the opposite foot. Ive been out tonight and given it a go......much better 🙂

Cheers

Ian

Forgiven, that's exactly what it reminds me of too and that's exactly why I bought it . After decades of fiddling around with 16 valves , plastics and spark plugs buried deep within the engine , I need a rest .

a few years ago after doing a service my vfr 400 and it taking hours to take off both radiators plus the fairing just to get at the front two plugs i decided there and then that in future if i was considering a bike and couldnt see all the plugs i would just walk away and i have done ever since :|

Cheers

Ian

a few years ago after doing a service my vfr 400 and it taking hours to take off both radiators plus the fairing just to get at the front two plugs i decided there and then that in future if i was considering a bike and couldnt see all the plugs i would just walk away and i have done ever since :|

That's what I'm talking about . 😁👍

Polish_20200523_230459225.thumb.png.22149a738de74627c792fe7a1c896824.png

it takes me twenty seconds to take the plug out of my bike and most of that is locating the spanner in the tool box

On the GSXR it was .....seats off , grab rail off , disconnect tail light , rear plastics off , tank off ( painful fiddling around to get petrol pipes off ) front lower plastics off , air ducts off , leads off . Then the fun of more fiddling around with a special long reach spanner to unscrew the plugs and finally lifting them out with long nosed pliers . Then dangling the new plugs on a stick and a piece of rubber tubing to try to get the thread to catch . Finally putting the whole f*****g bike back together . No thanks , not any more .

WP_20160605_17_25_30_Pro.thumb.jpg.a868b9ec08ebb14eca58a38d151d284e.jpg

Polish_20200603_213423324.thumb.png.04cf87b10ac926cbdc0da138b9190b0d.png

Can you see the plugs yet ?