Yamaha r1 2007 or a Kawasaki 650ninja let edition 2018

Ben28

New to this forum and looking for some advice on 2bikes. The yamaha r1 2007 and the Kawasaki ninja 650 krt edition. Now i know they are too very different bikes and the Blatant difference But would like some advice on witch would be a better bike to buy. Iv had experience on bikes off road and some on road but not never owned my own. So would like some extra advice.

Hello and Welcome :D

They're poles apart! :shock:

Condition? mileage? Insurance costs?

What do you want from a bike? etc etc.

It's going to be your bike so only you can decide.

If I had to choose, all other things being equal, I'd have the R1

Better off starting on the 650. A novice on an R1 is asking for trouble.

Nah. I went straight to a liter bike, I'm fine.

Yeah, same.

A 10 fold increase in displacement the day you pass your test is the proper way to do it. 8-)

Haha okay looks like the r1 it is. To be honest they both costing the same in money and the only different in money terms in the insurance by a couple hundred. Iv never had a r1 but is there anything to look out for? I’ve read up a lot that the seat can get hot and and your legs as well? Anyone know about this at all?

Hello and Welcome :D

They're poles apart! :shock:

Condition? mileage? Insurance costs?

What do you want from a bike? etc etc.

It's going to be your bike so only you can decide.

If I had to choose, all other things being equal, I'd have the R1

Condition both in great nik! R1 has 20k and the ninja has 7200, insurance couple hundred difference being the r1 being more! I ant looking for the best of the best just a decent bike for weekends and that’s comfortable that’s got power when needed, it won’t be used as a day to day bike.

Can I ask are you any good at riding it? And how long did it take for you to get comfortable on it?

Yeah no probs. Took a year tbh and I was still learning when I sold it (though I did get comfortable riding very fast indeed) but no problems with it or my abilities touch wood 14k miles later. Maxed it out, ground down my pegs (on closed roads of course).

Can I ask are you any good at riding it? And how long did it take for you to get comfortable on it?

Yeah no probs. Took a year tbh and I was still learning when I sold it (though I did get comfortable riding very fast indeed) but no problems with it or my abilities touch wood 14k miles later. Maxed it out, ground down my pegs (on closed roads of course).

Fair play. Not easy to go from a 125 to 1000 and be able to ride it properly. I still think it makes more sense to go up the CC gradually rather than go up in one huge jump. When you're learning to do anything you don't generally go from beginner to expert in one jump you have to build your ability over time but I guess some people can do it.

I’d say get the Kawasaki but that’s only because I had an R1 from that era (2004) and didn’t get on with it at all, the earlier ones I love and the latest ones are brilliant but the mid to late 2000s ones aren’t for me.

I’d say get the Kawasaki but that’s only because I had an R1 from that era (2004) and didn’t get on with it at all, the earlier ones I love and the latest ones are brilliant but the mid to late 2000s ones aren’t for me.

What is it you didn’t get along with?

What is it you didn’t get along with?

I just didn’t like how it handled, never felt confident in the corners on it, tried suspension set up, different tyres etc and still didn’t like it, moved it on for a Fireblade and instantly felt so much better.