What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Not my bike and yesterday I put a 2 inch lowering kit on my mates F800 GS

It has to be done by replacing the rear spring on the rear shock and the fork springs too

For anyone who has never swapped a rear spring its relatively easy with the right tools but the right tool is around £80 and for the odd use I wasn't buying it and neither was my mate so some bodging out of what limited bits of metal I had laying about had to suffice!

It wasn't pretty but it worked a treat! took me a few hours figuring out exactly how it needed to be to work then took 5 mins to swap the spring :lol:

101259978_200719894309751_9015474101942222848_n.jpg

84443737_597255074477448_3577538883748888576_n.jpg

101659792_691922461642280_1717259982300250112_n.jpg

101651919_839648053195178_8501582879883526144_n.jpg

Sent it to bed

Nice bike.

Shit floor. :up:

I know, it was alright 12 years ago :D

There's four ground anchors on their way. Once the concrete has dried off after I've fitted them I'll be doing the floor again. Then it'll be time to sort out the fixings around the side before building an essential mini bar .

Had to take the screen off the bike to clear up the mess of splattered flies underneath it.

Never seen anything so bad.....I think the lockdown contributed to an explosion in the fly population because they had a couple of months of not getting splattered.

IMG_20200604_105342.thumb.jpg.0898d7d1dad06e820f7185974f063132.jpg

Had to take the screen off the bike to clear up the mess of splattered flies underneath it.

Never seen anything so bad.....I think the lockdown contributed to an explosion in the fly population because they had a couple of months of not getting splattered.

Agreed, had to give mine a wash after a couple of trips.

82C31233-92CE-48E2-8058-F84B103BA1A4.thumb.jpeg.614266de3175ee63d30e89d5030a356d.jpeg

Splattered Barkbuster !!

At first I was worried the bolts didn’t slide in nicely. Then I gave myself a slap, reminded me that I am a most manly man, and hit them with the biggest hammer I own :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

Gave it something to hold onto at night

7047D5AB-679F-43A9-981A-53FDB362A7D1.jpeg

Also was the drilled holes that deep you needed a ladder :o

Gave it something to hold onto at night

7047D5AB-679F-43A9-981A-53FDB362A7D1.jpeg

Also was the drilled holes that deep you needed a ladder :o

“Drill second 16mm hole to 9cm,” they said.

I drew mud. Still, live and learn.

Edited by Mawsley

Bit late I know, but I have read that fitting a ground anchor to a wall is a better security measure as the chain is less susceptible to attack than if it was on the floor.

Obviously if your walls are made of breeze block / cheese this doesn’t help, although drilling through the wall and fitting a plate on the other side with anti tamper bolts might.

swapped out the stupidly heavy and pointless (for me) Sump guard/Bash plate. for an OEM plastic one.. that looks like Carbon.

And got to use my latest toy. A multifunction ratchet.. with a swivel head.

1542913317_WeraZyklop.jpg.cf2dd0538b3651a1161d97dccd0f4be2.jpg

Bit late I know, but I have read that fitting a ground anchor to a wall is a better security measure as the chain is less susceptible to attack than if it was on the floor.

Obviously if your walls are made of breeze block / cheese this doesn’t help, although drilling through the wall and fitting a plate on the other side with anti tamper bolts might.

I just can't see that a wall is safer as a decent wack with a sledgehammer and the brick is no more as the bolts will compromise its integrity.

It's not the only one I'm installing - I'm doing another of these for the front wheel and a Y-Anchor for the frame. Plus, with two chains on the rear wheel they hold each other up off the floor.

Nothing's perfect, but it'll take a dedicated speedy thief to get through the alarm, six locks, chains and disk locks, without alerting the dogs, before I arrive in the garage with a baseball bat. :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

I just can't see that a wall is safer as a decent wack with a sledgehammer and the brick is no more as the bolts will compromise its integrity.

It's not the only one I'm installing - I'm doing another of these for the front wheel and a Y-Anchor for the frame. Plus, with two chains on the rear wheel they hold each other up off the floor.

Nothing's perfect, but it'll take a dedicated speedy thief to get through the alarm, six locks, chains and disk locks, without alerting the dogs, before I arrive in the garage with a baseball bat. :lol:

Bloody hell mate.....how much security you got :shock: would be easier to break someone out of jail than nick you bike by the sound of it

Bloody hell mate.....how much security you got :shock: would be easier to break someone out of jail than nick you bike by the sound of it

Planning on adding a garage defender and a camera too :lol:

Bloody hell. Are you living in the most crime ridden pesthole in the country? My bike lives in my driveway unless I'm away when it's stabled elsewhere. It's secured with one very good ground anchor, chain and lock then parked up between a wall and a car. Never had an issue. I do live in a private road so passer's by are nonexistent.

Guest Richzx6r

Planning on adding a garage defender and a camera too :lol:

Why not add a lion pride to the list you can't have too much now :P