New bike time... again...

Troy

Honda CBR600RR 2017

704BFD7C-A973-43EC-93AA-C15B8AC5E0B6.jpeg.2d0ee624a0d2deb7aebe8d25a53a7ca0.jpeg

The Street Triple didn’t last that long with me, I just wasn’t merging with it. I test rode this today and instantly felt like this was home. Hopefully it will be ready next week some time.

Edited by Troy

You know what they say......buy Jap or get f*cked up the ass!

That will explain the large tub of Triumph branded KY jelly I got in my free rucksack.

Must be one of the very last. Is a new one afoot?

Do you mean one of the last 600s? If so, to my knowledge no more were made from 2017.

When I took it out, It felt a little “out-dated” looking at the speedo. Then I researched the bike abit more and found out why... it was based on the last and final model from 2013 when it last had an update and Honda were no longer going to try and improve it due to new Euro4 regulations that came out in 2017.

I think that’s the accurate story :scratch:

A shame really. I’m guessing owning this bike will make it highly sought after if it they don’t ever release a newer model.

My back is already aching looking at this pic :oops:

Yes, I am worried this may happen but only time will tell.

From reviews, I found that shorter riders will get on better with it due to its ergonomics. I’m only 5ft 4” with an inseam of 30” and I felt very comfortable.

I think they might bring out a new one now they’ve done an all new Fireblade, after all Yamaha bought out a very up to date R6 fairly recently, it would be nice to see the 600 class have a revival.

I think the bottom fell out of the market, everyone has been buying larger 1000cc superbikes, super nakeds or even adventure sports. As they all now come with all the fancy electronic packages, perhaps making them seem more manageable than in the past?

And if you're going to buy a bike on finance as is now de rigueur, that extra cost over a 600 won't seem too bad broken down into monthly payments.

Plus are 600cc sportsbikes really that useful on the road, they can feel pretty gutless at lower speeds, by the time you get into the power band you're starting to run out of road.. most 1000's have more immediate grunt so feel better at less crazy speeds(?)

I mean I just bought an old gsxr 600 :lol: but still I can see the argument has some validity.

I think they might bring out a new one now they’ve done an all new Fireblade, after all Yamaha bought out a very up to date R6 fairly recently, it would be nice to see the 600 class have a revival.

I think the bottom fell out of the market, everyone has been buying larger 1000cc superbikes, super nakeds or even adventure sports. As they all now come with all the fancy electronic packages, perhaps making them seem more manageable than in the past?

And if you're going to buy a bike on finance as is now de rigueur, that extra cost over a 600 won't seem too bad broken down into monthly payments.

Plus are 600cc sportsbikes really that useful on the road, they can feel pretty gutless at lower speeds, by the time you get into the power band you're starting to run out of road.. most 1000's have more immediate grunt so feel better at less crazy speeds(?)

I mean I just bought an old gsxr 600 :lol: but still I can see the argument has some validity.

You make a fair point, modern 1000s are insanely fast and have never been more forgiving due to the electronics packages, although you have to work a 600 more most of us would probably be just as fast on one and it would feel a bit more involving, I really like both 1000s and 600s personally.

How old is the GSXR you love bought?, I did a couple of track days ages ago on a hired K6 or K7 and thought it was great.

You make a fair point, modern 1000s are insanely fast and have never been more forgiving due to the electronics packages, although you have to work a 600 more most of us would probably be just as fast on one and it would feel a bit more involving, I really like both 1000s and 600s personally.

How old is the GSXR you love bought?, I did a couple of track days ages ago on a hired K6 or K7 and thought it was great.

K6/K7 why that would be practically new to me, mine is a '98 :lol:

Barely had a chance to ride it so far but it feels quick enough, noticeable that it lacks power low down but I expected that. No doubt it would feel like a lumbering dinosaur after your Ducati!

K6/K7 why that would be practically new to me, mine is a '98 :lol:

Barely had a chance to ride it so far but it feels quick enough, noticeable that it lacks power low down but I expected that. No doubt it would feel like a lumbering dinosaur after your Ducati!

Oh nice the humpback SRAD?, best I can compare to was I bought an early R6 cheap when I had my previous bike-an Aprilia RSV4, yes it did feel a bit softer and not as focussed or fast but it was still really enjoyable to ride, actually made more sense as a road bike imo as it wasn’t set up so hard and was roomier, I appreciate most bikes and would enjoy riding one from the 90s just as much as my digital age,track focussed rocketship, I have a real soft spot for ZXR750s.