Euro noise restrictions on way

Bender

all the fun of biking will be gone soon if this short of shite carries on .

I am very worried this sort of shite is definitely coming over the horizon.

I am seriously considering saving money in a fines fund as I think I am too long in the tooth to start respecting the sort of cnuts who come up with this crap.

My next T`shirt will have that famous set of initials on the front and probably rear.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Ian

Yup, others putting in noise recorders with cameras and you can guarantee they will spread like weeds once they are fetching in money.

at least it will take all the Harley's off the road... every cloud.

Yup, others putting in noise recorders with cameras and you can guarantee they will spread like weeds once they are fetching in money.

at least it will take all the Harley's off the road... every cloud.

You have probably heard this but apparently 80% of all Hardleys ever made are still on the road!

The remaining 20% made it home.

I`ll get my coat lol.

Cheers

Ian

Guest Swagman

I seem to remember reading something a while back about Germany banning all none electronic motorcycles on Sundays and bank holidays don’t know if that was bull or not.

Noise camera being trialled in Paris.

Camera triggered by excessive noise. identifies culprit. takes photo. and thats it. However, if the trial is successful.. they will be rolled out and fines will follow.

926757324_Noisecamera.png.8564f2abac8ede91adbe4ca7b0b5b42f.png

It's all well and good trying to reduce noise, but what happens when a group of bikers are travelling together and one of them has a loud pipe, it would be impossible to pinpoint the culprit so would they all get fined and in the process of an appeal would they be required to name the person to blame, or if you have someone on a bike and is side by side with a car with a loud exhaust which one would get fined, there are too many variables to make it really viable :thumb:

Public all around is generally against motorcycles. Welcome do democracy.

I agree, starting to see that on this Island now, I never ever thought that would happen on an island with a long history steeped in motorsport.

It's all well and good trying to reduce noise, but what happens when a group of bikers are travelling together and one of them has a loud pipe, it would be impossible to pinpoint the culprit.

your comment can end there.. nothing else needed.

I remember this coming up before and someone who knew what they were talking about in terms of recording sound levels suggested that in their proessional opinion it was all a load of what comes out of male cattle backwards. The technology to record sound levels attributed to a specific vehicle other than by hand held and personally administered tests just doesn't work.

I remember this coming up before and someone who knew what they were talking about in terms of recording sound levels suggested that in their proessional opinion it was all a load of what comes out of male cattle backwards. The technology to record sound levels attributed to a specific vehicle other than by hand held and personally administered tests just doesn't work.

In which case the French trial will fail.

I think the point made was that with a camera you can prove it was that car/bike that was exceeding the speed limit. How does a microphone prove that the noise came from any particular vehicle? Unless there is only one vehicle within a considerable range, no aircraft in the sky, no thunder around, no birds sat on the microphone, no politicians within 50 miles radius - it would be impossible to evidence that the sound level came from any particular source. Noise recorded by camera is very difficult to definitively attribute to an identifiable location.

Noise is noise whatever the source, a group of kids shouting and screaming below the microphones would probably be enough to give every passing vehicle a fine, and some kids would probably do it for shits and giggles :lol: :thumb:

It will be banned everything that is not electric, with pollution and noise excuses.

We will all be tracked, covid19 excuse

Travel ban due to virus, stay at home, work from home, never get out of home.

Some very bad SF movies are becoming reality.