Oil low on new CB125F

Halfsqot

Hey all,

i have purchased a CB125F and clocking some miles up on it now. Around 300. It came to my attention i should probably check the oil, even though it should be all fine and dandy. However, when checking the oil on the center stand and having been idling for a few mins before hand, the dipstick came back with no oil on it whatsoever. Has some on the bottom of it when screwed in but should only be dipped back in says the manual.

My question is what type of oil is best for topping it up ? just any old 10W-30 ? it hasn't even had its first service yet and i was under the impression the oil the bike has in from new is different from normal oil, so it beds in better. or am i talking utter nonsense. Apologies for the newbie question but if you dont ask, you wont find out!

Any help is much appreciated,

Halfsqot :)

If I was you I'd contact the dealer you bought it from and report to them and follow their instructions, then if something goes wrong with it in the future they can't say it went wrong because of something you did

Just out of interest can you remember checking the oil when you first got it? have you ever seen that it was full? I would do as WD40 says though and contact dealer to keep your warranty in order, especially with it only having 300 miles on the clock

Just out of interest can you remember checking the oil when you first got it? have you ever seen that it was full? I would do as WD40 says though and contact dealer to keep your warranty in order, especially with it only having 300 miles on the clock

well.. it was a brand new bike. I thought it would burn more oil than usual because of bedding in, but didn't think it wouldn't have much oil in at all. The dealership did tell me they were going to give it a once over before they sent it off. email sent out so hopefully get further instructions tomorrow. Surely cant have knackered it already ? like i say its not empty, just not to the minimum.

thanks for the reply

There's the procedure from the owners manual. https://2rom-prd-data.hondamotopub.com/om/HMEE/CB125F/2017-2018-2019/CB125F_32KPNB11_0.pdf

Checking the Engine Oil 1.If the engine is cold, idle the engine for 3 to 5 minutes.2.Turn the ignition switch to the (Off) position and wait for 2 to 3 minutes.3.Place your motorcycle on its centre stand on a firm, level surface.4.Remove the oil fill cap/dipstick and wipe it clean.5.Insert the oil fill cap/dipstick until it seats,but don't screw it in.6.Check that the oil level is between the upper level and lower level marks in the oil fill cap/dipstick.7.Securely install the oil fill cap/dipstick

Guest Swagman

There's the procedure from the owners manual. https://2rom-prd-data.hondamotopub.com/om/HMEE/CB125F/2017-2018-2019/CB125F_32KPNB11_0.pdf

Checking the Engine Oil 1.If the engine is cold, idle the engine for 3 to 5 minutes.2.Turn the ignition switch to the (Off) position and wait for 2 to 3 minutes.3.Place your motorcycle on its centre stand on a firm, level surface.4.Remove the oil fill cap/dipstick and wipe it clean.5.Insert the oil fill cap/dipstick until it seats,but don't screw it in.6.Check that the oil level is between the upper level and lower level marks in the oil fill cap/dipstick.7.Securely install the oil fill cap/dipstick

:thumb: