Standard or iridium, does it make much difference?

Is it just a case of iridium plugs lasting longer, or are there other benefits?

Its mainly about lasting longer.. for example on my bike thats a 32,000 mile interval.

I did use iridium on my Himalayan when I had that. Made a difference in the throttle response on the single cylinder Himalayan and reduce warm up times somewhat and provided slightly better mpgs. Didn't make an issues for me pricewise as I only needed one. I'm guessing it wouldn't make much difference on my tracer .

Standard or iridium, does it make much difference?

Is it just a case of iridium plugs lasting longer, or are there other benefits?

Its mainly about lasting longer.. for example on my bike thats a 32,000 mile interval.

plug changing on my bike isnt a problem (about ten seconds to change it)

I've used them on anything I've modified with a turbo, never had one fail or disintegrate and in the general scheme of things even 6 at a time they are one of the cheaper mods to make, can't say I have ever noticed a difference performance wise, it's been more the reliability and safety margin increase.

WILL AN IRIDIUM SPARK PLUG BE BENEFICIAL FOR MY PARTICULAR ENGINE?

This is very subjective. The vast majority of vehicles/engines will benefit from replacing a standard spark plug with an Iridium spark plug. Most benefit will result if:

There is a very close Iridium spark plug match for your standard spark plug (i.e. overall design is very similar)

The standard spark plug you are replacing is a basic copper plug (the Iridium plug will then be a more significant upgrade)

The engine has a large cylinder capacity and a large number of cylinders

Define large?!

Guest Richzx6r

This is very subjective. The vast majority of vehicles/engines will benefit from replacing a standard spark plug with an Iridium spark plug. Most benefit will result if:

There is a very close Iridium spark plug match for your standard spark plug (i.e. overall design is very similar)

The standard spark plug you are replacing is a basic copper plug (the Iridium plug will then be a more significant upgrade)

Define large?!

I would define large capacity as say over 3.5liter maybe :scratch: it does sound very vague as for america sub 4L is probably classed as small where over here anything bigger than 2L is classed as a large capacity engine guess it's down to personal taste?

Define large?!

probably a proper bike and not a 125 :popcorn:

I put some Denso ones in my CB250, it was noticeably more perky for about 50 miles and then went back to being the same as it was with copper NGKs. Then after about 7000 miles they started arcing down the porcelain so that was that. The NGKs lasted 25K..

Wouldn't bother again!