Corbin Seat

manxie49

I was looking at changing the seat on my MT10 for a Yamaha comfort seat, however, after reading reviews and the problems other people had experienced with parts of the seat wearing through where it comes in contact with the tank I decided to look a little further afield, California to be exact. I opted for a Corbin seat, a bit extravagant and I had to work a few hours overtime to pay for it, but it was worth it.

GOOD POINTS: The seat is extremely well made, you can feel the quality of the leather the minute you take it out of the box. The cover is riveted to the underside of the seat as oppose to the usual staples. If you go onto the Corbin web site you can actually design your own seat, different colours or mix of colours and different grades of leather. It's very comfortable but supportive, much more comfort that the OEM seat. The fit was perfect, if but a little snug, that wasn't a bad thing though because the original seat was a little loose, which, IMHO, made it feel as though it was an afterthought when being manufactured. It certainly looks better than the original, I've already had my mate tell me, when I'm not around, he's gonna nick it :D

BAD POINTS: I suppose the worst thing about the seat would have to be the cost, closely followed by the lead time for manufacture. I ordered the seat three months ago and it has only just arrived, although this was probably a lot to do with COVID-19 problems as well. Another possible, potential problem, could be the stitching. I had a stitched seat similar to this on a BMW I had a few years ago, when it rained water seeped into the seat through the stitching, this meant when you got it out of the garage for the next ride on a sunny day you got a wet arse. Seat cover for the rain may be needed. Another casing point, which some people may see as a pain, is the fact that it is leather. Leather as we all know requires care, it isn't like a vinyl seat that, mostly, you can just forget about.

All in all I'm very happy with it, I would definitely recommend the seat for comfort, looks and individualism.

IMG_0483.thumb.jpeg.837868d5414a487162cadb3ac16c44db.jpegIMG_0484.thumb.jpeg.e22b3c6787230c03f1738e7d39e17397.jpegIMG_0490.thumb.jpeg.2e73260a363e8efc931d7c9ae6ab497c.jpeg

OK I'm sitting down, how much?

Do you want the real price or the price I told my wife it cost :D ....... with postage it was £695

I know Corbin are supposed to be the dogs danglies but I don't see 700 quids worth. I have had several seats doctored by Marty Walker at https://smartrrrs.store.buegle.com/index.php/online_purchasing/?k=:6::

He can do anything you want with a seat at a fraction of the price.

If you are happy with it that's all that counts.

Let us know what you think of it after a few months of riding.

Do you want the real price or the price I told my wife it cost :D ....... with postage it was £695

I know Corbin are supposed to be the dogs danglies but I don't see 700 quids worth. I have had several seats doctored by Marty Walker at https://smartrrrs.store.buegle.com/index.php/online_purchasing/?k=:6::

.... just under 700 what a bargain. You can buy a whole bike with that

Sure, but the seat doesn't make go any faster.

Even my posh behind doesn't deserve $700 cloth to sit on :P :D

There is the Corbin Europe, https://corbin-europe.com/

Seats are depends on bike and your preferences from 600 to 1000 and over, eye watering, but seats are looking perfect.

I am looking for it for several years just cannot decide to spend so much money. For someone doing miles every day probably good invest

Seriously considered getting the Corbin seat for the Mutley but really can't justify the cost. Missed my chance to buy a second hand one at half the price which I would have paid. Really are quality kit.

Absolutely. Same applies to just about anything - if an individual is willing to pay a particular price then the item in question is worth that amount. I'd have bought one but just can't justify / afford it.☹️

Those are seats for people doing lot of miles and spending many hours on the bike daily.

I got airhowk years ago (not cheep), but that is the all I need .

I don’t use it daily (motorbike), and when is used it is for few hours.

Except when on the route to Croatia, but that happens once every 5 years.

I had a Corbin seat back in the mid 1990s for my 900 speed triple. it was definitely an upgrade and quite expensive.. probably comparable to today, maybe a little cheaper as it was not leather.

They are expensive because they are each one bespoke. made by hand in-house and then subject to import duty Vat and so on. They are also quite heavy and so air shipping isn't cheap.

I needed a new seat for the Africa twin as for my use... the OEM became an instrument of torture after about 150 miles.. by contrast many other owners consider the original seat to be one of the most comfy they have ever had. we are all different.

When it came to actually doing something, I went for the Sargent as they have always had a very good reputation. I got one 2nd hand sent to me from Finland. mint condition.. not even 'broken in' and despite coming from Finland (in 3 days) I saved over a £100 on a new one from their south wales distributor. I was still mocked for the price i paid though.. not that I cared. people spend all sorts of silly money on farkle. a lot of which is actually more bling than farkle. My purpose is almost exclusively about improving my ride. locally and more distant.

Have to say the OPs Corbin is rather nice.. compared to some designs i have seen. absolute monstrosities. Americans tend to make some very (by my standards) odd choices.

but mine suits me. understated and good for 300 pain free miles.

seat.thumb.JPG.ed329d5bbb6847a8bac6b45a3c788182.JPG

Funnily enough it's the exact same price as one for the Mutley. Ouch, as I'd kind of like one.

I can't disagree, it was an expensive luxury I know, hopefully get some miles on it "and some benefit from it" when we can eventually do our postponed trip to Verbier again. hopefully no numb bum :thumb:

Edited by manxie49

Makes no odds if folk think its over priced or whatever, it is what it is and the op worked hard for it and was well aware of the cost.

Thats very true that mate, and I did work damned hard to pay for it, with overtime I worked twelve consecutive days with no days off. I've always been a great believer in the fact that if you want something you work for it....Thats why I hate light fingered tow rags who just seem to think they have the god given right to help themselves to other peoples property.....Lets face it, a lot of people buy motorbikes as fair weather toys, I certainly couldn't afford to do that, a bike is my transport and my hobby, if you can afford one as a pure toy though then fair play to you, get out and enjoy, that's what its all about :thumb: