Newbie Rant

BigNick62

If a young lad really wanted to do modify his 125 with a big bore kit or some other major mod he'd do it no matter what anyone said. I don't think a few people on a forum giving sensible advice could put him off the idea if he was really serious about doing it

I'm not completely sure that i got my point across very clearly.

Coming from the modified VW beetle, bus, Karmann ghia world....if you want to go faster, you dont buy a porsche, you upgrade your aircooled engine!

Aircooled, flat four, std 1200cc maybe 30 bhp, modified 2000cc same physical size engine running carbs and pump fuel, 200+ bhp.

You still have your old car but with more Ooomph, yes you need better brakes....but the point is..why tell everyone to buy a bigger bike, when its possible to keep what you have, and still get the performance you want?

Is everybody afraid to get their hands dirty and experiment any more?

Anyway.....If nobody gets the point of this post, i'm just wasting my time here.... please just give people/ kids/ plebs, whatever..the answer to their question, not your personal biased opinion.If you don't know the answer, just say NOTHING!!

This is not a Four Stroke 125 tuning information on demand service, so yes , you probably are wasting your time here .

Polish_20200605_225400256.thumb.png.6192197c232a20084638fb9f1a4215d5.png

Something else to consider, swapping engines in a car is one thing, but once you start messing about with bikes you can drastically change the dynamics of how it handles, and if going too far and modifying the frame to drop in a non standard engine you also change the stress points which could result in fatal frame failure, companies have spent millions on designs to get the best possible outcome for their machines, yes some improvements are possible but not at the cost of human lives when it goes wrong :cheers:

Perhaps I should have considered this back in 1968 when I put the Ape Hangers on my Aerial Arrow